well, here we go......

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

well, here we go......

Post by callmeslick »

.....one of your members will regret doing this, but I was invited to check out this subforum, and contribute if I dare. Looks like fun to me.......... :)
"The Party told you to reject all evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."
George Orwell---"1984"
CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master
Location: A Conservative Man in the Liberal bastion of the Pacific Northwest. in Oregon City. Oregon

Re: well, here we go......

Post by CUDA »

callmeslick wrote:.....one of your members will regret doing this, but I was invited to check out this subforum, and contribute if I dare. Looks like fun to me.......... :)
OMG what Idiot did that?!?!?!?! String him up :P

and for some of our more liberal members of this forum. No he's not a conservative. but he is a thinker. all be it an incorrect liberal thinker. welcome slick :mrgreen:
“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.” 

― Theodore Roosevelt
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

thanks, Cuda.....now, you might want to read up in that Sharia thread about how to cope with the threat of public stoning once the conservatives here realize what you've unleashed. :lol:
"The Party told you to reject all evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."
George Orwell---"1984"
CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master
Location: A Conservative Man in the Liberal bastion of the Pacific Northwest. in Oregon City. Oregon

Post by CUDA »

oh and FYI if you invite HH here I'll personally see to it that your banned from Planet earth :P
“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.” 

― Theodore Roosevelt
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I could direct you to a Fly Fishing usenet site, where he went, apparently to attack me. Unfortunately, he unleashed his misspelled stupidity on a total stranger, and made an ass of himself(again). It was sort of funny, though.
George Orwell---"1984"
Foil
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Foil »

Welcome, slick.

You said in another thread that you've been reading here for a while before you posted. Careful about first impressions, though; people here still surprise me sometimes, and I've been here for years. :)
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

A greetings post wouldn't be complete without the welcome megas.

Nightshade
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Nightshade »

Hrm. One thing's for sure, callmeslick does like to semi-necropost. :P
"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun" - Mao Zedong
Ferno
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug

Post by Ferno »

this should be interesting.. an actual biologist to debate the regulars..
Nightshade
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Nightshade »

Scientist? What field of biology?
"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun" - Mao Zedong
CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by CUDA »

Ferno wrote:this should be interesting.. an actual biologist to debate the regulars..
I didn't invite him by accident, as I said he challenges me to think. and an expansion of Knowledge is never a bad thing. he just need to keep in mind that this is a better crowd than some of the Tards we hang around with over at Cwos :P

― Theodore Roosevelt
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

Foil wrote:Welcome, slick.

You said in another thread that you've been reading here for a while before you posted. Careful about first impressions, though; people here still surprise me sometimes, and I've been here for years. :)

always the case, especially in a communication medium based on text with no chance to see facial expressions, body language, etc.
George Orwell---"1984"
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

Possibly, CUDA, I should introduce myself a bit further--

Who am I?--I am 56 years old, with residences in Pennsylvania and the Eastern Shore of Virginia. I mostly stay in PA, as I work as a clinical chemist(speciality protein analysis), but my heart and heritage lies in Virginia, where I plan to retire within 2 years or so. I have a wife, a kid and a grandson. I always own a dog,
currently a 6 year old rescued Eskimo. My main hobby is fishing. Education level is a Masters degree in Biological Sciences, with a Bachelors in Biochemistry. I was raised in an environment that demanded well rounded education, so will, at times, expound on damn near anything.

As CUDA says, he invited me to keep me from abject boredom attempting to wade through the drivel on CWOS, and he is correct: you all do seem to debate on a higher plane and should be congratulated. I will try my best not to drop the level of discourse.

Finally, as I told CUDA privately, it was a hoot to follow the link he sent me and realize that I'd landed on a Descent Site. I have no clue about the current state of this series of games, but I do recall my nephew and I wasting many perfectly good hours playing both Descent and Descent2.
George Orwell---"1984"