Snakes! It had to be snakes!

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Snakes! It had to be snakes!

Post by Tunnelcat »

A house straight out of Raiders of the Lost Ark, only stinkier and worth far less. :shock:

http://finance.yahoo.com/loans/article/ ... snake-home
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
TigerRaptor
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Re: Snakes! It had to be snakes!

Post by TigerRaptor »

Well at least the house is mouse proof.
Avder
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Avder »

Jesus tapdancing cripes....

Screw Animal Planet...its ★■◆●ing SNAKES! Burn that snake pit to the ground and don't spare the gasoline! Then have the ashes incinerated and fill the hole left in the ground with solid concrete and have a priest come to bless the slab. Then maybe in a few years you can build a house there again.
Bet51987
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Bet51987 »

Still the spoiled little boy with the limited vocabulary aren't you Avder.

Bee
Ferno
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug

Post by Ferno »

Avder wrote:Jesus tapdancing cripes....

Screw Animal Planet...its ★■◆●ing SNAKES! Burn that snake pit to the ground and don't spare the gasoline! Then have the ashes incinerated and fill the hole left in the ground with solid concrete and have a priest come to bless the slab. Then maybe in a few years you can build a house there again.
geez, they're just snakes, dude. nothing to get worked up over.
Canuck
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Canuck »

/me digs a hole and fills it with ashes and snakes, then surrounds the lip with peas... when Avder comes to take a pea, we kick him in the ash-hole and face first into the snakes.

My 2 cents.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

I suspect the house was built where the snakes bred and/or hibernated. It was nice to see they weren't afraid of them and by the looks of it were collecting them to take someplace else.
Avder
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Avder »

Bet51987 wrote:Still the spoiled little boy with the limited vocabulary aren't you Avder.

Bee
I love you too.
Bet51987
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Bet51987 »

Avder wrote:
Bet51987 wrote:Still the spoiled little boy with the limited vocabulary aren't you Avder.

Bee
I love you too.
The feeling isn't mutual. Maybe when you become half a man, or left entirely, I would change my mind.

Bee
Thenior
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Thenior »

wow - something must have happened I didn't read...
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

Bee doesn’t like Vader because he has a potty mouth…lololol

Now tell me I’m wrong Bee, because you know I’m right.
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

8 Snakes = :E
❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉
-⎽__⎽-⎻⎺⎺⎻-⎽__⎽--⎻⎺⎺⎻-★ ·:*¨༺꧁༺ :E ༻꧂༻¨*:·.★-⎽__⎽-⎻⎺⎺⎻-⎽__⎽--⎻⎺⎺⎻-
Avder
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Avder »

Bet51987 wrote:
Avder wrote:

Bee
I love you too.
The feeling isn't mutual. Maybe when you become half a man, or left entirely, I would change my mind.

Bee
You know, just knowing it irritates you that I'm even around is one of the best feelings I've had online in a long time. :)
Bet51987
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Bet51987 »

Spidey wrote:Bee doesn’t like Vader because he has a potty mouth…lololol

Now tell me I’m wrong Bee, because you know I’m right.
Of course you're right Spidey, where was I arguing otherwise.

I've fought to keep this place relatively clean since day one but the owner thinks that people need to use fwords to communicate. I don't use the swear filter because I don't like those little asterisks that replace an fword and as I previously said, I want to know the character of the person I'm responding too. Will Robinson and others use asterisks that I already know do not mask fwords becasue they don't use them and I respect them for that. I also belong to a nursing forum (under a different name. Lesson learned) that doesn't allow that language and a science and physics forum that doesn't allow them either. Forums like those have already advanced beyond the primitive and we need to do that to.

Borrowing from Lothar..... I consider this my grandmothers house (assuming I had one) and I don't like people using fwords here.

Bee

Bet51987
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Bet51987 »

Avder wrote: You know, just knowing it irritates you that I'm even around is one of the best feelings I've had online in a long time. :)

I've already concluded and accepted that you will be instrumental in getting the first female alumni banned from this forum. Swear filter or not, I'm going to jump on you every time I see you use that fword. You will win of course but life will go on for me.

Bettina
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

Bet51987 wrote: I've fought to keep this place relatively clean since day one but the owner thinks that people need to use fwords to communicate. I don't use the swear filter because I don't like those little asterisks that replace an fword and as I previously said, I want to know the character of the person I'm responding too. Will Robinson and others use asterisks that I already know do not mask fwords becasue they don't use them and I respect them for that. I also belong to a nursing forum (under a different name. Lesson learned) that doesn't allow that language and a science and physics forum that doesn't allow them either. Forums like those have already advanced beyond the primitive and we need to do that to.

Borrowing from Lothar..... I consider this my grandmothers house (assuming I had one) and I don't like people using fwords here.
I'd really like to know how you came to the belief that the fact that a person happens to use a few four-letter words creates this giant black stain on their character, because I find it very strange. At the end of the day...they're just words. Words that you may not personally approve of or use in your own life, but words nonetheless. They have legitimate uses, like adding an extra punch to a conversation, or conveying a particularly-strong emotion that lesser words could not. Yes, they may be rude or crude, but everyone is rude or crude at least once in a while. If one doesn't want to sound like they stepped out of a 50s sitcom, throwing around "gosh darn it" all over the place isn't going to get the job done. Sometimes you need to reach a bit deeper into the bag of verbal tricks.

And whether you like it or not, this isn't your grandmother's house. This is the Internet. People are going to act in ways that you don't approve of. People are going to have beliefs that you may personally find offensive. That's the way things are. The way I see it, you have a few different choices in response. You can choose to accept this fact, not let it bug you, and just have a good time. You can decide that the place isn't for your sensibilities and just hit the road. Or you can decide to make a big stink and attempt to impose your personal values on everyone else. Personally, I find the third to be the most unfavorable option by far, and I'm of the opinion that that's exactly what you're doing whenever you raise that sentiment.

The whole reason Koolbear implemented the optional swear filter in the first place was so that everyone could view the forum as they so chose. Those of us who don't mind a bit of profanity and use it ourselves can do so unimpeded, and those of you who don't wish to see it don't have to. Everyone can be happy. What you're trying to do, though, is have your cake and eat it too: just because you don't want to curse, you think that no one should be allowed to do so. The fact that you leave the filter off suggests to me that you're making this into some sort of witch hunt, and I personally feel that it reflects more poorly on your own maturity than the use of a few F-bombs does on someone else's.
Lothar
DBB Ghost Admin
DBB Ghost Admin

Post by Lothar »

Bet51987 wrote:Borrowing from Lothar..... I consider this my grandmothers house (assuming I had one) and I don't like people using fwords here.
I'm pretty sure your grandmother is the one who decides whether f-words are allowed in her house, not you.

The owners of this house have decided that f-words are OK, and if you don't like them you need to turn on your swear filter. Your choice not to use the filter, and then treat people like crap because they don't pre-filter the words for you, is a problem with your behavior and your character, not theirs.
Izchak says: 'slow down. Think clearly.'
April Fools Day is the one day of the year that people critically evaluate news articles before accepting them as true.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Lothar wrote:
Bet51987 wrote:Borrowing from Lothar..... I consider this my grandmothers house (assuming I had one) and I don't like people using fwords here.
I'm pretty sure your grandmother is the one who decides whether f-words are allowed in her house, not you.

The owners of this house have decided that f-words are OK, and if you don't like them you need to turn on your swear filter. Your choice not to use the filter, and then treat people like crap because they don't pre-filter the words for you, is a problem with your behavior and your character, not theirs.
And now Bee will have another person to put on her "Not to like" list.
Foil
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Foil »

Holy ****. Are you all done attacking each other now?

(The above is four asterisks, not a filtered word.)
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

Foil wrote:Holy ****. Are you all done attacking each other now?

(The above is four asterisks, not a filtered word.)

Foil, snakes are a touchy subject. They tend to es-scale-ate.
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

*flings tomatoes at Isaac*
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

STOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

They should have never built a house in the middle of the snakes natural habitat in the first place.
Foil
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Foil »

I just find it hilarious that a second family purchased the house without really checking it out, because they were told by a realtor that the snake story was made up.

"Oh, that snake story you saw on the news? They made that up to get out of paying their mortgage."

"Really? Okay, then. We'll take it."

:P
Ferno

Post by Ferno »

Bee, I really think you should watch this video. It will help you to understand a few key issues that keep cropping up around here.
Avder
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Avder »

Well ★■◆●, I didnt think I would cause such a ruckus just by declaring how much I ★■◆●ing hate snakes.

I'd like to say thanks to Lothar and Top Gun for their posts and especially Ferno for that extremely entertaining and insightful video.

I'd like to apologize to anyone who came to this thread expecting a discussions of snakes in a ★■◆● house and got a discussion about free speech. I really had no intention of derailing the thread and having it go off in separate directions.

And Bee, if you really have that big a problem with me, you can place me on ignore at any time, or enable your swear filter. But in case you don't want to exercise either option, I will happily relish whatever you throw at me (Ive never had a hate fan before in my life...I feel honored really!), and I would like to invite you to discuss things like adults at any time.
Ferno

Post by Ferno »

★■◆●! you ★■◆●ing liked the video? ★■◆●ing awesome.
CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master
Location: A Conservative Man in the Liberal bastion of the Pacific Northwest. in Oregon City. Oregon

Post by CUDA »

think you could poke that finger any deeper Ferno? :roll:
“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.” 

― Theodore Roosevelt
flip
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by flip »

He has no intention to lead Cuda.
Bet51987
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Bet51987 »

Avder wrote:...And Bee, if you really have that big a problem with me, you can place me on ignore at any time, or enable your swear filter. But in case you don't want to exercise either option, I will happily relish whatever you throw at me (Ive never had a hate fan before in my life...I feel honored really!), and I would like to invite you to discuss things like adults at any time.

I already said I don't like the swear filter because it prevents me from learning the character of the person I'm interacting with, and when the filter is on, I feel like I'm in the Matrix where you're led to believe the world is good, but there's a real world underneath.... but that's not important to me anymore and this will be my last post to you. I'm only replying because you used the word "hate" and I want you to clearly understand something.

My definition of hating is wishing it dead and I would never wish that on you or anyone else in any forum. I reserve my hatred for child killers, murderers, the Taliban itself, and those in that category. I wanted to make that clear.

I just plain don't like you because you're a spoiled child that can't hold a conversation without the use of profanity. Oh, you might be able to do it for a few posts but the real you is always itching to get out so with you, it's not being used as an intensive in the heat of the moment, but more because you believe it impresses your friends. I've been witness to some real profanity artists like you in the ER where it gets so bad the male attendents threaten to gag them. They quiet down quickly after that.

As far as inviting me to speak to you as an adult you have to become one first. All I have to do is look at this thread so see the child/jerk you really are.

http://www.descentbb.com/viewtopic.php?t=4513

Either way, you now have Koolbear's new .net to spew your profanity in. As Charlie said. "It's about winning".

Edit... @Ferno. You did something nice for me a little while ago which makes you one of my bff's but I'm passing on that video and ignoring that fword tirade.

Bee
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

Bet51987 wrote:I already said I don't like the swear filter because it prevents me from learning the character of the person I'm interacting with, and when the filter is on, I feel like I'm in the Matrix where you're led to believe the world is good, but there's a real world underneath.... but that's not important to me anymore and this will be my last post to you. I'm only replying because you used the word "hate" and I want you to clearly understand something.
I ask you again, Bee...what in the world does a person using a bit of profanity here and there say about their "character" in any meaningful way? Does it somehow make me a fundamentally-bad person if I throw out the phrase "piece of ★■◆●" in a moment of frustration? What is it about those specific words that makes you so upset?
Bet51987
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Bet51987 »

Top Gun wrote:
Bet51987 wrote:I already said I don't like the swear filter because it prevents me from learning the character of the person I'm interacting with, and when the filter is on, I feel like I'm in the Matrix where you're led to believe the world is good, but there's a real world underneath.... but that's not important to me anymore and this will be my last post to you. I'm only replying because you used the word "hate" and I want you to clearly understand something.
I ask you again, Bee...what in the world does a person using a bit of profanity here and there say about their "character" in any meaningful way? Does it somehow make me a fundamentally-bad person if I throw out the phrase "piece of ★■◆●" in a moment of frustration? What is it about those specific words that makes you so upset?
I'm going out but I'll quickly answer you. Sorry if I missed it. I've already said many times that the minor words like piece of **** is fine along with damn, son of a *****, etc even though I don't use them. But, the major offensives like the Fword, Cword, Nword, are not.

I've seen meetings between executives that have come over my house, meetings between doctors and nurses at the hospital and instructors at college and never do they use those words. So I ask you.... Why?.

I have to go...

Bee
flip
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by flip »

Because they feel it is beneath them.
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

I hear that snakes say, SSSSSSS. That's what I've heard... I heard it from snakes.
Avder
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Avder »

Bet51987 wrote:
Avder wrote:...And Bee, if you really have that big a problem with me, you can place me on ignore at any time, or enable your swear filter. But in case you don't want to exercise either option, I will happily relish whatever you throw at me (Ive never had a hate fan before in my life...I feel honored really!), and I would like to invite you to discuss things like adults at any time.

I already said I don't like the swear filter because it prevents me from learning the character of the person I'm interacting with, and when the filter is on, I feel like I'm in the Matrix where you're led to believe the world is good, but there's a real world underneath.... but that's not important to me anymore and this will be my last post to you. I'm only replying because you used the word "hate" and I want you to clearly understand something.

My definition of hating is wishing it dead and I would never wish that on you or anyone else in any forum. I reserve my hatred for child killers, murderers, the Taliban itself, and those in that category. I wanted to make that clear.

I just plain don't like you because you're a spoiled child that can't hold a conversation without the use of profanity. Oh, you might be able to do it for a few posts but the real you is always itching to get out so with you, it's not being used as an intensive in the heat of the moment, but more because you believe it impresses your friends. I've been witness to some real profanity artists like you in the ER where it gets so bad the male attendents threaten to gag them. They quiet down quickly after that.

As far as inviting me to speak to you as an adult you have to become one first. All I have to do is look at this thread so see the child/jerk you really are.

http://www.descentbb.com/viewtopic.php?t=4513

Either way, you now have Koolbear's new .net to spew your profanity in. As Charlie said. "It's about winning".

Edit... @Ferno. You did something nice for me a little while ago which makes you one of my bff's but I'm passing on that video and ignoring that fword tirade.

Bee
I appreciate your honesty, so I will be equally honest with you.

I think you are a snob who thinks she is better than everyone else because you think profanity is somehow "beneath" you. If you had watched that video, you would have actually seen what was, believe it or not, a well reasoned argument rooted in language and its evolution and the power we give it to control our moods and actions. Fernos post after mine was a bit silly, swearing for swearings sake much like southpark did with their episode "It hits the fan" (which, believe it or not, also had some good allegorical points on language and swear words), but it shouldn't prevent you from watching that video and actually thinking about the content.

You think I am a spoiled brat. Okay. Why? Because I swear? Is that it? That's a rather shallow view. I swear to impress my friends? In all honesty I don't consider anyone on these boards to be friends of mine, only acquaintances, and I'm not looking to impress any of them. Friends, btw, are people you do not have to impress at all, that's just the nature of friendship. You cite a recent post of mine on the other board as evidence that I am some kind of jerk. I ask you, have you ever had a day that was so bad that you just wanted to scream? That post was the internet equivalent of mine, and I stand by it 100%. If that makes me a spoiled child in your eyes, I wouldn't have it any other way. But I would really like to hear from you an argument that explains your opinion of me that cites anything besides my casual use of profanity.

People who actually know me closely know that I have some deep opinions and a wide variety of opinions on a wide variety of subjects. I'd like to consider myself at least somewhat of an intellectual. I admit that one issue I have is I tend to get very passionate about my beliefs and it can, at times,cause me to swear up a storm. But I've known people who are both smarter and dumber than myself who curse up a storm for no reason at all. I don't hold it against them, and I don't get why you can't let go of your own prejudice against it when you seem to think so highly of your own mind. There are better ways to judge a person and I hope you will realize that as you grow older.

My offer of actually discussing things still stands.

And as an added bonus, did you read past post one of that thread? It got interesting a few posts later.
Ferno

Post by Ferno »

Bet51987 wrote: Edit... @Ferno. You did something nice for me a little while ago which makes you one of my bff's but I'm passing on that video and ignoring that fword tirade.

Bee
oh bad move there bee. you really could have learned a few things from it. Namely that by trying to control what others say, avder in particular, is both myopic and prissy.
TigerRaptor
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by TigerRaptor »

This thread should be split and sent off to the E&C.