When is a Weiner a Weiner?

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

flip
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Re: When is a Weiner a Weiner?

Post by flip »

Alright Null, just how many pictures of your penis are floating around on the intanet? :P
null0010
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by null0010 »

flip wrote:Alright Null, just how many pictures of your penis are floating around on the intanet? :P
There's only one, but it takes up an entire page of Google Image Search results.
Fear is the engine that destroys freedom.
CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master
Location: A Conservative Man in the Liberal bastion of the Pacific Northwest. in Oregon City. Oregon

Post by CUDA »

null0010 wrote:
CUDA wrote:some how I'm sensing your perception of reality is a bit skewed.
I do not fault him for lying about it.
you made my point for me. lying makes him not trustworthy. not being trustworthy makes him unsuitable for office.
“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.” 

― Theodore Roosevelt
null0010
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by null0010 »

CUDA wrote:
null0010 wrote:
CUDA wrote:some how I'm sensing your perception of reality is a bit skewed.
I do not fault him for lying about it.
you made my point for me. lying makes him not trustworthy. not being trustworthy makes him unsuitable for office.
I do not think personal matters should be compared to matters of state.
CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master
Location: A Conservative Man in the Liberal bastion of the Pacific Northwest. in Oregon City. Oregon

Post by CUDA »

Character should always matter. especially when its a representative of your country.
“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.” 

― Theodore Roosevelt
Gooberman
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Gooberman »

I just feel so bad for his wife. You just merry a congressman, you are pregnent with his kid....then this.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Will Robinson wrote:TC you are really delusional if you think democrats don't get the same pass from their party that conservatives do. If Weiner wasn't likely to lose his seat next cycle his party would be behind him even now! they see dumping him as a chance to replace him with a more electable dem for the coming election because he was already polling as a big loser next time. Otherwise they would let him borrow their cameras and panties if it meant keeping his seat with a D on it!
Who was that William Jefferson Rep D who had used the National Guard in New Orleans during Hurricane Katrina to stop rescuing people so they could take him to his house in the flood so he could retrieve his property...including the $90,000 in bribe money in his freezer...how many election cycles did he get protected? Two I believe!

How was it that the National Organization of Woman turned feminism and their long devout stance against sexual harassment in the workplace completely on it's head to protect Clinton for screwing Lewinsky on the job then shuffling her off against her will to a job outside the WhiteHouse?

You are in total party protection mode if you want to say Dems get out and Repubs get to stay!!
corruption is common place in both because too many people like you think it's OK to rationalize it on ideological grounds.
Uh, what? I DID say that Weiner should have resigned, even though I thought he did a good job in his elected position. A perv is a perv.

Now, about holding those Repubs to their higher standards, how about they get off their high horses and call for the resignations of Vitter, Santorum and Coburn, who are STILL in office. Santorum's running for pres. and Vitter was even re-elected! I guess illegal sexist behavior was alright with his constituents. Vitter was visiting expensive whores and paying for it, WHILE married mind you, a worse offense than posting pics of your privates. Coburn and Santorum are all mixed up in the coverup of Ensign's extramarital affair. Coburn had his hand in things working out those hush payments to Mr. Hampton. Kind of like a father figure to poor little Ensign, helping him with his really big boo, boo. Santorum's in this mess as well. He was warned that Mr. Hampton was going to go public with Ensign's affair, so what does Santorum do? He conveniently turns around like a little snitch and gives a heads up to Ensign. Nice guys those Repubs, who keep protecting themselves at all costs, all the while calling for the Dems to clean house.

Oh and how about little Chris Christie of New Jersey, that every Republican is calling for to run for pres. He got caught using a $2500-an-hour State Police helicopter and other state-owned cars to ferry his fat behind to and from his son's baseball game, under the guise that he needed to be available for important meetings. Uh huh. All the while New Jersey suffers from a massive budget shortfall. I think that cutting back on expenses applies to everyone, not just the lower elected officials and workers.

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2011/0 ... burse.html

"Do as I say, not as I do". A great politician's motto. :roll:
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by CUDA »

tunnelcat wrote:Oh and how about little Chris Christie of New Jersey, that every Republican is calling for to run for pres. He got caught using a $2500-an-hour State Police helicopter and other state-owned cars to ferry his fat behind to and from his son's baseball game, under the guise that he needed to be available for important meetings. Uh huh. All the while New Jersey suffers from a massive budget shortfall. I think that cutting back on expenses applies to everyone, not just the lower elected officials and workers.

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2011/0 ... burse.html

"Do as I say, not as I do". A great politician's motto. :roll:
he must have learned that trick from Nancy Pelosi shuttling herself and her family back and forth across country on Military charter planes

― Theodore Roosevelt
null0010
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by null0010 »

Chris Christie actually sent the state treasury a check covering the expense of that flight. I have no love for Governor Christie, but let's at least take all the facts into account here.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Well TC, lets also not forget how the Dems hounded Trent Lott for paying a 90+ old ex-senator a complement and somehow extrapolating that Senator Lott was a racist.
Will Robinson
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Will Robinson »

tunnelcat wrote:
Will Robinson wrote:TC you are really delusional if you think democrats don't get the same pass from their party that conservatives do. ....
Uh, what? I DID say that Weiner should have resigned, even though I thought he did a good job in his elected position. A perv is a perv.

Now, about holding those Repubs to their higher standards, ...
What you said, as if you couldn't tell from my comments, was the repubs don't hold their asshats to the same standards that the dems do. Suggesting Weiner should be fired doesn't make up for that ridiculous statement. Anyone one would be able to make that call.
Learn to recognize and acknowledge your dems are absolutely no better than the repubs in morality, ethics, compassion, integrity, honesty, etc. etc. and then go from there.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Will Robinson wrote:Learn to recognize and acknowledge your dems are absolutely no better than the repubs in morality, ethics, compassion, integrity, honesty, etc. etc. and then go from there.
Oh, I do agree with you on that point. I don't like either party using this fake moral outrage BS as a wedge issue. They're only doing it to make their own party appear better in the eyes of the voter, while laying the blame on that other bad party. What all these politicians need to do is learn to not throw stones at glass houses, because no matter what party they're from, they can all fall victim to the same indiscretions. What I don't like is that the Republicans always seem to try and protect theirs, while the Dems always seem to throw theirs to the wolves. SEEM is the operative word here. I'm not saying ALWAYS.
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
Will Robinson
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Will Robinson »

tunnelcat wrote:
Will Robinson wrote:Learn to recognize and acknowledge your dems are absolutely no better than the repubs in morality, ethics, compassion, integrity, honesty, etc. etc. and then go from there.

Oh, I do agree with you on that point. I don't like either party using this fake moral outrage BS as a wedge issue. They're only doing it to make their own party appear better in the eyes of the voter, while laying the blame on that other bad party. What all these politicians need to do is learn to not throw stones at glass houses, because no matter what party they're from, they can all fall victim to the same indiscretions. What I don't like is that the Republicans always seem to try and protect theirs, while the Dems always seem to throw theirs to the wolves. SEEM is the operative word here. I'm not saying ALWAYS.
your perception is seriously clouded by your party loyalty

[ Post made via Android ] Image