Any BF3 Players out there?

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

AceCombat
Owned by Timex
Owned by Timex

Any BF3 Players out there?

Post by AceCombat »

dude BF3 is looking mighty fabulous!!! :mrgreen:

first saw it on Open Beta yesterday....all i can say is :shock: DAYUM!!
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Re: Any BF3 Players out there?

Post by Isaac »

Just saw an awesome video on it. The guy kept stopping to say, "Look at the trees!!!" or "Look at that plane!! WOOOOW!" lol. Game looks great.
❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉
-⎽__⎽-⎻⎺⎺⎻-⎽__⎽--⎻⎺⎺⎻-★ ·:*¨༺꧁༺ :E ༻꧂༻¨*:·.★-⎽__⎽-⎻⎺⎺⎻-⎽__⎽--⎻⎺⎺⎻-
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

I've been playing the beta for about 3 days now off and on..

meh. I like the feel for the game, but the bugs really REALLY hamper the game play.

Here's a well rounded article on Ars Technica on the beta, both the good points and the bad. They name off the major frustrations thus far.

I DO realize this is "beta" but some of these are design flaws and not just bugs. The same thing happened with Bad Company 2. After 6 months of patching, the game became rather enjoyable .... until the last patch where they changed so many things to placate the whiners in the "community", the game wasn't that challenging in someway that it got tiring fast. i.e. nearly doubled the size of the hit box especially around the head... :roll:

The game has potential, but like most Battlefield games, the planes are going to be stupid slow.
Thenior
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Thenior »

I preordered yesterday - $12 off on Newegg!
Aggressor Prime
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Aggressor Prime »

I love the game, but I have to run on the lowest settings at 800x600 and I get massive artifacts after a few minutes of gameplay. Gonna have to wait to get a new PC to enjoy it, but hoping Battlefield 2143 will be out by then. More of a futuristic gamer myself.
[]V[]essenjah
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by []V[]essenjah »

I actually enjoy BF games over any other shooter to date. I'm currently playing it over the XBox 360. Consoles are just cheaper to maintain these days. One thing I can say, is that the developers do seem to be listening in on the requests and things change every single day in inside the Beta. They have fixed all the holes in the geometry, flickering tends to be less problematic, bipods are working a lot better, you can no longer spam seemingly unlimited rockets, servers have been fixed and run pretty fast now. Game runs very VERY smooth and I hope the transition to the REAL gameplay will be just as smooth. The beta plays like COD but has a nice, progressive feel to it. Also, I hear that they are adding squad management and squad leaders in, if not already. So, LOTS and LOTS of improvements. They might just make it. :) Put my money down on the Limited Edition today.
dwlpunk
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by dwlpunk »

I've been playing the Caspian Boarder map on my new PC a lot this weekend. It's really fun and i especially love the sound effects. The game plays great on 32 man servers, and a tad bit laggy on 64 man. Tried Operation Metro on my ps3 and it was surprisingly enjoyable in my living room.
AceCombat
Owned by Timex
Owned by Timex

Post by AceCombat »

i cant wait for the 25th so that i can configure my controllers and get everything the way i like to do it on KB/M/JStick
Ferno
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug

Post by Ferno »

I just hope the armour is driveable, fun to use and the AI actually works with you.
AceCombat
Owned by Timex
Owned by Timex

Post by AceCombat »

it is, Armor, APCs, Jets, Helos, trucks, all driveable! they have added Caspian Border back into the open Beta. its a HOOOOOOOGE! map and lots of fun to play on.

now they even have the C-RAM Phalanx System in the game!!
AceCombat
Owned by Timex
Owned by Timex

Post by AceCombat »

Thenior wrote:I preordered yesterday - $12 off on Newegg!
just saw this post..... what was the final price? and any bonuses?
Thenior
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Thenior »

It was the limited edition:
Pre-Order Battlefield 3 - Limited Edition and get the Battlefield 3: Back to Karkand expansion pack for free. The expansion pack includes four legendary maps from Battlefield 2 boldly re-imagined in the Frostbite 2 engine, classic Battlefield 2 weapons and vehicles, unique rewards, achievements/trophies and more.
The deal is over now though I think. Final price was $47.98.
Ferno

Post by Ferno »

AceCombat wrote:
don't you mean CIWS?
MidiV
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by MidiV »

I was playing the Beta on PC last weekend.

The game looks very promising, but Origin online system is very buggy and boring, imho. I really didn't like it much. Also it went not quite clear to me is it possible to create multiple soldiers under one account or not.

btw, with joystick interceptors are much easier to fly :)
Perfection Through Genetics
Thenior
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Thenior »

I like to play FPS on consoles, simply because the gamepad is restrictive (a handicap). I can just get on and have fun, whereas the PC version, I get obliterated.
AceCombat
Owned by Timex
Owned by Timex

Post by AceCombat »

Ferno wrote:
AceCombat wrote:
don't you mean CIWS?

there is actually two versions of that system now. the new one is based off of the CIWS Phalanx System from the ships. C-RAM ( Counter-Rocket Artillery Mortar ) is a land based version of the CIWS found on the ships. its used for AA and Anti munition attacks.

Reference: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Counter_Ro ... and_Mortar
Ferno

Post by Ferno »

yeah, i know. ;)

I operated one when I was granted a pass on the HMCS calgary during her maiden voyage.
AceCombat
Owned by Timex
Owned by Timex

Post by AceCombat »

just checkin :mrgreen:
dwlpunk
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by dwlpunk »

we had 3 of them on board our aircraft carrier.
AceCombat
Owned by Timex
Owned by Timex

Post by AceCombat »

3? were you an Assault Class LHA/LHD/LPH or a full blown Carrier CVN?

im only asking because i thought CVN's had at least 6 CIWS Turrets?

ON TOPIC!

8 More Days to BF3!!! :mrgreen:
dwlpunk
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by dwlpunk »

lhd 6, very close to lhd 2 in bf2 and 3

[ Post made via Android ] Image
AceCombat
Owned by Timex
Owned by Timex

Post by AceCombat »

nice :mrgreen: "Salute"
Grendel
3d Pro Master
3d Pro Master

Post by Grendel »

Got Trojan ?
Origin EULA wrote: 1.C. License Validation. The Application and an internet connection are required to validate the license for certain products distributed by EA. You acknowledge and agree that the Application can automatically validate license rights for some or all EA products without separate notice to you. This means that in order to use the Application and certain EA products, you must leave the Application installed on your computer. You acknowledge and agree that the Application may use information regarding your computer, hardware, media, software and your use of the Application to validate your license rights and to update the Application.

1.D. Application Updates. You agree that the Application may automatically download and install updates, upgrades and additional features that EA deems reasonable, beneficial to you and/or reasonably necessary. You acknowledge and agree that any obligation EA may have to support the previous version(s) may be ended upon the availability of the update, upgrade and/or implementation of additional features. This License shall apply to any updates, upgrades and/or additional features that are not distributed with a separate license or other agreement.

2. Consent to Collection and Use of Data.

You agree that EA may collect, use, store and transmit technical and related information that identifies your computer (including the Internet Protocol Address), operating system, Application usage (including but not limited to successful installation and/or removal), software, software usage and peripheral hardware, that may be gathered periodically to facilitate the provision of software updates, dynamically served content, product support and other services to you, including online services. EA may also use this information combined with personal information for marketing purposes and to improve our products and services. We may also share that data with our third party service providers in a form that does not personally identify you.
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

You know, if I ever wrote a program that had a license "agreement", I'd put a third option "I disagree but I want to install the damn piece of software anyway.".
Thenior
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Thenior »

I rented it on my xbox to try it - needed a silly activation key to play Multiplayer (which is the whole reason I rented it, the single player was boring). I can pay $10 for the activation key, which is associated with my xbox account, or I can buy the game and it comes with one.

EA just disabled me from ever reselling my game - I'm not sure if I'm going to even buy it now.
TigerRaptor
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by TigerRaptor »

After dealing with to much BS with Spore. Which the game now sits in a landfill somewhere. I am done with EA games period.
AceCombat
Owned by Timex
Owned by Timex

Post by AceCombat »

well i dont know about you guys but im enjoying BF3 with a passion!! :mrgreen:
CDN_Merlin
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Post by CDN_Merlin »

http://www.unfinishedman.com/battlefiel ... simulator/

We all need this. Will divide the men from the boys.
Corsair Vengeance 64GB 2x32 6000 DDR5, Asus PRIME B760-PLUS S1700 ATX, Corsair RM1000x 1000 Watt PS 80 Plus Gold,WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe M.2 SSD, WD Blue SN580 1TB M.2 NVMe SSD, Noctua NH-D15S Universal CPU Cooler, Intel Core i7-14700K 5.6GHz, Corsair 5000D AIRFLOW Tempered Glass Mid-Tower ATX, Asus GF RTX 4070 Ti Super ProArt OC 16GB Video, WD Black 6TB 7200RPM 256MB 3.5" SATA3, Windows 11
AceCombat
Owned by Timex
Owned by Timex

Post by AceCombat »

saw that i was like DAYYYYYYYYYYYUM!
SirWinner
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by SirWinner »

Playable Demo?

No, I don't want to see a VIDEO DEMO... I would like to "Play Test" even a small area just to check out the interface, etc.

;)
Ferno

Post by Ferno »

I just pretend the bad guys are EA lawyers.

"Nice car you have there... I wonder how well it can hold up to a 70T main battle tank. hmm, not very well, it looks like"

and ace, quit pretending you know what you're talking about. you never were in any of the military branches shape or form.
AceCombat
Owned by Timex
Owned by Timex

Post by AceCombat »

Ferno just because i WASNT in the Military doesnt mean that i CANT know about the systems they use! is it really that hard for you to understand that ★■◆●?

ever heard of www.globalsecurity.org ? or http://www.fas.org/man/ ?

this ★■◆● gets soo ★■◆●ing old........ :x :roll:

okay no i wasnt in the military, so does that prohibit me from learning about the ★■◆●ing military or does that forbid my family members who ARE military from telling me things about the military? NO!! so STFU!
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

Ferno

Post by Ferno »

AceCombat wrote:Ferno just because i WASNT in the Military doesnt mean that i CANT know about the systems they use! is it really that hard for you to understand that ★■◆●?

ever heard of http://www.globalsecurity.org ? or http://www.fas.org/man/ ?

this ★■◆● gets soo ★■◆●ing old........ :x :roll:

okay no i wasnt in the military, so does that prohibit me from learning about the ★■◆●ing military or does that forbid my family members who ARE military from telling me things about the military? NO!! so STFU!
never said you can't know about it. but you use the abbreviations incessantly, come off looking like a paramilitary fanboy and it's friggin annoying. Enjoy it as much as you want but don't talk it up every chance you get.
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

Yeah ace. Ask permission before posting. You might annoy the Ferno! (god forbid :P)
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

Who pissed on your cornflakes this morning?
flip
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by flip »

Quit picking on me Damnit!! :P
dwlpunk
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by dwlpunk »

I'm somewhat disappointed with Battlefield 3 at the moment. Although the graphics are beautiful and the gameplay is fun, the lack of maps and the chopper physics are frustrating. Also, having origin on my new system makes me uncomfortable compared to trusted apps like steam.

However, i am looking forward to the DLC coming in December.
AceCombat
Owned by Timex
Owned by Timex

Post by AceCombat »

that is what im waiting on too... Karkand and Wake !! now origin im not having a problem with, ive not had a single issue out of it yet

and ferno im not trying to be a hardcore mil brat here..... im just a person who likes the equipment and terminology, who spent a good portion of my life growing up around the stuff and language.

for what its worth, i was having a bad day and my rant was uncalled for..... i apologize and you guys really do make my day for the service you did/do for the country only to be treated like ★■◆● by the very government you worked for
Ferno

Post by Ferno »

after playing the singleplayer campain, if you can call it that, I'd have to say it's a major letdown. Sure the infantry mode was pretty decent where things actually worked for a change, there is a massive lack of both tank gameplay, and aircraft gameplay.

I was all ready to break out the joystick to fly the jet but I was really let down when I found out all I'd be doing was spinning the mouse around and clicking the left button.

and not including any play in a helicopter... of ANY kind?

yeah it gets a do not buy from me.

and ferno im not trying to be a hardcore mil brat here..... im just a person who likes the equipment and terminology, who spent a good portion of my life growing up around the stuff and language.

for what its worth, i was having a bad day and my rant was uncalled for..... i apologize and you guys really do make my day for the service you did/do for the country only to be treated like ★■◆● by the very government you worked for
it's all good.. just try to not go crazy with the terminology anymore.