Virus/Malware

For system help, all hardware / software topics NOTE: use Coders Corner for all coders topics.

Moderators: Krom, Grendel

Capm
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Virus/Malware

Post by Capm »

I've got a machine I'm working on that has an infection of the happili redirect. Its on a win7 64bit machine, and I can't seem to get rid of it. Nothing shows up on any virus/malware/rootkit scanners in or out of safe mode, I'm rather at a loss with it, anyone know of a sure fix (besides reformatting which isn't an option for this one)?
--------------
----------
---Capm
http://www.midnightsquadron.com
AceCombat
Owned by Timex
Owned by Timex

Re: Virus/Malware

Post by AceCombat »

have you tried Hitman Pro?
Capm
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by Capm »

Yea, that didn't get rid of it
--------------
----------
---Capm
http://www.midnightsquadron.com
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

There are reports that Kaspersky's TDSSKiller ( http://support.kaspersky.com/faq/?qid=208283363 ) followed by Malwarebytes can remove it, assuming they aren't blocked from running.

Have you tried scanning it with an antivirus rescue boot CD (created from a clean machine)? Antivir puts out daily iso cd images you can use for offline scans, which may catch some things that can hide themselves even in safe mode. Another extremely effective tactic is to pull the hard drive and connect it to a known clean machine where you can run malwarebytes/antivir/microsoft security essentials/trend micro/avg/etc full scans of the drive. Few pieces of malware can survive an assault like that, although more than likely once you return the drive and boot it windows will throw missing DLL errors that will need to be cleaned up.
TigerRaptor
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by TigerRaptor »

Another one you can try is Emsisoft Emergency Kit. I'll even be bold enough to say it is powerhouse with its detection rate. Just take heed as it is known for having high false positives and the scanning speed is very slow.

If any thing start out with what Krom suggested first.
BUBBALOU
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by BUBBALOU »

before you attempted anything, you did use "CleanUp! 4.52" to delete all the temp files, checked internet options from proxy redirect and checked your hosts file... very basics should always be completed first

then you should run combofix in safe mode, before you attempt to run any malware/virus scanner. most malware hide in your system as "Drivers" and reinfect on reboot in normal startup mode

I seem to have a better workout dodging your stupidity than attempting to grasp the weight of your intelligence.