DCS and the Saitek X52 Flight System

For system help, all hardware / software topics NOTE: use Coders Corner for all coders topics.

Moderators: Krom, Grendel

AceCombat
Owned by Timex
Owned by Timex

DCS and the Saitek X52 Flight System

Post by AceCombat »

okay this thread is geared mainly towards Bubbalou and his DCS Knowledge.

i purchased DCS:BS and DCS:A10, but CANNOT get my buttons to assign for ★■◆●.....specifically the Throttle unit. what im i missing here?

Specs:

Win7 Pro x64

latest Saitek X52 Flight System Drivers, i do NOT have the profiler installed, do i need this to make it work?

Latest Patches for both DCS:BS and DCS:A10 installed

all BS aside from our past knowing each other, Google is turning up profile files to insert into the config files, but every time i plug them in, weird stuff happens....... wrongly assigned functions and what not, and most of all, my throttle WILL NOT assign an Axis to control the engines, only thing i can assign to that is the slider control on the throttle unit, and its very aggravating
Foil
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Re: DCS and the Saitek X52 Flight System

Post by Foil »

Honestly, it sounds like you just need to center your throttle (the throttle is overriding everything else when you're trying to bind controls).

If it's not that, I defer to Bubbalou.
AceCombat
Owned by Timex
Owned by Timex

Post by AceCombat »

no its not that, it wont even accept a Throttle axis assignment to the actual throttle handle
flip
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by flip »

Exchange the throttle for another one. May just be bad.
AceCombat
Owned by Timex
Owned by Timex

Post by AceCombat »

doubt that its bad, works perfectly in FSX, X-plane and BF 3/2/BC2.....its just DCS that it wont assign the axis.....its like DCS doesnt like that Axis Assignment
BUBBALOU
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by BUBBALOU »

Since the DCS simulator engine can accept as many axis/controllers you can plug in, the edit option is based on a column per controller layout, axis config is accessed via the axis only spinner box at the top ( for all columns )

Now depending on how your O/S aligns your USB controllers in the device manager, is exactly how they will show (left to right)in the DCS controller edit menu with the exception of trackIR being always to the right

(please note there is a difference between setting the overall profile as "ARCADE" and "REALISTIC"

All controllers seen by windows will auto populate in DCS with x/y/z/r/u/v/s0/s1. If they have 8 axis

usually as follows (logical)
AXIS-X (x)
AXIS-Y (y)
AXIS-Z (z)
ROTATION-X (u)
ROTATION-Y (v)
ROTATION-Z (r)
SLIDER-X (s0)
SLIDER-Y (s1)

Clear all axis from every column, under "axis only" then identify your columns with assign axis... IOW move every axis on every controller until you find which controller is assigned to which column - unless they are in direct mode from windows and not controller software

Save the profile with another name other than default

[edit]orginal post was from iPhone[/edit]

I seem to have a better workout dodging your stupidity than attempting to grasp the weight of your intelligence.
AceCombat
Owned by Timex
Owned by Timex

Post by AceCombat »

ok let me try again..... i clear everything out and run it again
BUBBALOU
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by BUBBALOU »

If your using saiteks software to assign outputs to the joystick,

Are all axis bound as one controller? ( one column )
Are axis bound by controllers? ( two columns - 3 if you have rudders )

If you have a Logitech G13 go into device manager and disable joystick emulator

If its all fubared , unplug all joys, restart DCS let populate save as default.lua. Then restart agai. With joys plugged in edit axis only save profile as saitek-dx.lua Then exit load profile from software restart DCS and config axis ( this is the hard one ) then save that profile as Saitek.lua.

IMHO - you should be using the SST software

I seem to have a better workout dodging your stupidity than attempting to grasp the weight of your intelligence.
AceCombat
Owned by Timex
Owned by Timex

Post by AceCombat »

it was all FUBAR, i dont really like the SST, so i did the unplug everything.... NOW its working just fine.... TY Bubba. now my Throttle Unit assigns the Collective and Engines to the actual throttle. i have one of the tabs on the stick assigned to actual engine % Power
BUBBALOU
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by BUBBALOU »

For ka-50 you will only need the collective, trim and hover modes are your friend, a bit awkward at first without a force feedback joystick that holds in place.

If you use a second monitor for instruments check out Helios by sc-simualtions

Works awesome for my 4th monitor/ touchscreen

AceCombat
Owned by Timex
Owned by Timex

Post by AceCombat »

okay back to the drawing board...... A-10 still will not assign the engines to my throttle, i thought i had it when it said "Z-Axis" for Throttle.....instead they are assigning to the small slider on the throttle handle as they always have. :x

i cleared out my profile and started over.... same thing..... i dont know why, but i cannot get the Throttle to control my engines in DCS A-10.

as far as Ka-50 goes, i did take off the Engine Throttle, assigned trim and Hover like you said and collective is the throttle
BUBBALOU
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by BUBBALOU »

Zero out the rotary or assign it to trim/ if you were using the programming software you could then just bind the rotary to keyboard if/then or list

Or do a calibration in windows joystick.cpl before attempting to assign

and clear the contents of

"C:\Users\<username>\Saved Games\DCS Warthog\Config"

before restarting DCS-A10