The collateral damage of the race pimps war for power

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

Will Robinson
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

The collateral damage of the race pimps war for power

Post by Will Robinson »

Speculation on my part but based on years of observing the phenomenon.

This group that almost, in fact may yet have, killed the driver wouldn't have done what they did if not for the community agitation tactics that keep their anger boiling to the brim so it can be tapped to serve their 'leaders'.

Do the right thing but you might get beat to death.
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Re: The collateral damage of the race pimps war for power

Post by callmeslick »

insulting, ignorant assumptions, Will. Sad.
"The Party told you to reject all evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."
George Orwell---"1984"
Will Robinson
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Will Robinson »

I'm curious. If the reason I'm suggesting they did this is insulting can you offer a likely alternative motive that would not be insulting?
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

just pent-up anger and mob mentality. Same as that incident in NYC with the motorcyclist. Nothing more. You have the audacity to bring the white-boy whine into the mix, and while you admit you're simply guessing, the nature of your guess is insulting to community activists(who do GREAT, not good, GREAT work in many communities), and you play the race card like an expert racist should.

Your guesswork is disgusting, and I'm very much tempering my words.
"The Party told you to reject all evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."
George Orwell---"1984"
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Whats insulting is the headline has to question if it was a hate crime. Yeah like if the truck driver was black the mob would of attacked him. And yes slick, the likes of Jackson ranting whenever a black person is attacked by whites, by the likes of the newsies coming out with racists comments about white on black crime, yet turn a blind eye to black on white crime. It is typical of apologists like you slick who perpetuate the myth that the only racist acts are by white people. You are the one who should be ashamed.
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

woodchip wrote:Whats insulting is the headline has to question if it was a hate crime. Yeah like if the truck driver was black the mob would of attacked him
maybe they would have. More guesswork from the racist fringe.

And yes slick, the likes of Jackson ranting whenever a black person is attacked by whites, by the likes of the newsies coming out with racists comments about white on black crime, yet turn a blind eye to black on white crime. It is typical of apologists like you slick who perpetuate the myth that the only racist acts are by white people. You are the one who should be ashamed.
equally stupid as Will.....at least you don't insult community activists along the way. White boy whining at its ugly best!!
George Orwell---"1984"
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

callmeslick wrote:
woodchip wrote:Whats insulting is the headline has to question if it was a hate crime. Yeah like if the truck driver was black the mob would of attacked him
Just like the guesswork on your part accusing Zimmerman of being racially motivated

callmeslick wrote:equally stupid as Will.....at least you don't insult community activists along the way. White boy whining at its ugly best!!
Or black boy apologist at its worse.
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

woodchip wrote:
callmeslick wrote:
Just like the guesswork on your part accusing Zimmerman of being racially motivated
a fine analogy, except I never did anything of the sort. I claimed his motivation was the 'self-appointed duputy' complex, and that he got carried away with his suspicions. In fact, I carefully avoided(here and elsewhere) EVER characterizing his actions as racially motivated. In fact, one can find a post(if one looks for it) here, on this very forum, where I said that in my estimate, there was NOTHING RACIST about his actions, just stupidity at work.

Now, you have resorted to lying about my words, which any fool can find by searching here. I guess I've proven my point, and you've shown how little regard you have for truth.......yet again.
George Orwell---"1984"
Will Robinson
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Will Robinson »

callmeslick wrote:just pent-up anger and mob mentality. Same as that incident in NYC with the motorcyclist. Nothing more. You have the audacity to bring the white-boy whine into the mix, and while you admit you're simply guessing, the nature of your guess is insulting to community activists(who do GREAT, not good, GREAT work in many communities), and you play the race card like an expert racist should.

"pent-up anger and mob mentality"

Yea, you are on the right track. The difference is I have noticed that not all people, nor all people who are in groups, have a tendency to over react, often in a violent fashion, the way many black people do.

So I have taken the conversation deeper than your meager observation of the obvious.

I know it is controversial and you are afraid to go there but unless you can show me how all people, when grouped together, would react the way the black people in these examples did then you are ignoring, wilfully, the probable cause of the acts.
Or are you suggesting this kind of pent up anger is natural for black people?!? You are showing signs of being quite the racist there slick!
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

Will Robinson wrote:
callmeslick wrote:just pent-up anger and mob mentality. Same as that incident in NYC with the motorcyclist. Nothing more. You have the audacity to bring the white-boy whine into the mix, and while you admit you're simply guessing, the nature of your guess is insulting to community activists(who do GREAT, not good, GREAT work in many communities), and you play the race card like an expert racist should.

Yea, you are on the right track. The difference is I have noticed that not all people, nor all people who are in groups, have a tendency to over react, often in a violent fashion, the way many black people do.
and, in so doing, you have shown yourself to be a bigotted fool.
So I have taken the conversation deeper than your meager observation of the obvious.
what race were the motorcyclists?
I know it is controversial and you are afraid to go there but unless you can show me how all people, when grouped together, would react the way the black people in these examples did then you are ignoring, wilfully, the probable cause of the acts.
Or are you suggesting this kind of pent up anger is normal for black people?!? You are showing signs of being quite the racist there slick!
no, I'm suggesting that mob behavior, and pent-up anger are HUMAN, and not limited to any race.
George Orwell---"1984"
Will Robinson
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Will Robinson »

callmeslick wrote:
Will Robinson wrote:

and, in so doing, you have shown yourself to be a bigotted fool.
For noticing that groups of white people or asians, etc. don't behave this way it makes me "bigoted"?!? Wow! So discussing the cause of this difference in behavior is taboo according to you.
The black man is above reproach...got it...filed away for future reference...I put it in the ★■◆●-that-makes-you-say-'wtf'?!?! folder.

callmeslick wrote:
Will Robinson wrote: So I have taken the conversation deeper than your meager observation of the obvious.
Not my example but I'll play along...are you asking for the race of the whole group or the ones who did the beating?

i cant tell but I'm thinking dark skinned non-white.
It doesn't look like you are helping your argument here slick...if we go below the surface a little and ask 'who stayed on their bikes and who jumped off to deliver a beating?'....
callmeslick wrote:
Will Robinson wrote:I know it is controversial and you are afraid to go there but unless you can show me how all people, when grouped together, would react the way the black people in these examples did then you are ignoring, wilfully, the probable cause of the acts.
Or are you suggesting this kind of pent up anger is normal for black people?!? You are showing signs of being quite the racist there slick!
no, I'm suggesting that mob behavior, and pent-up anger are HUMAN, and not limited to any race.
And you have to ignore many members of the human race to make the black people in this case fit your all encompassing classification. A construct that is convenient but obviously quite flawed.
Yes there is a human capacity for this behavior and something has happened to some of the humans to make them hyper sensitive and hostile to other humans. You can ignore it but reality swirls all around your fantasy world. Hopefully it will leak in so you can make sense and not be afraid to talk about the things that are real....
Come out from under your bed and see that there are no monsters slick. no black people will be harmed by your being brave enough to face the world. You may find that your Party rhetoric disgusts you though.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

callmeslick wrote:

Well at least one was black. Care to keep showing your ignorance?

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/Al ... 64581.html
vision
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by vision »

Will is now averaging one race thread per month. Keep up the good work! Maybe you can reach one per week by the end of the year?
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

woodchip wrote:
callmeslick wrote:

at least ONE? Out of a mob of how many? Gawd, you folks will reach to any level(or, should I say sink to any depth) to reassure yourselves that your racism and bigotry are somehow justified. Pathetic!
George Orwell---"1984"
Will Robinson
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Will Robinson »

callmeslick wrote:
woodchip wrote:
callmeslick wrote:

at least ONE? Out of a mob of how many? Gawd, you folks will reach to any level(or, should I say sink to any depth) to reassure yourselves that your racism and bigotry are somehow justified. Pathetic!
You are the one who brought up the motorcycle gang. And of all the members which race were the ones who got off the bikes and attacked the driver?

You haven't shown anything to support your position!
So pin that 'Pathetic' label back on your shirt where it belongs!

For vision: don't fear the discussion
I don't post about it nearly as often as examples like this one comes up in the news....
Or are you a follower of slicks belief that talking about black people is taboo? Lol
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

I love watching old white rednecks run around scared. It's adorable.
vision
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by vision »

Will Robinson wrote:Or are you a follower of slicks belief that talking about black people is taboo?
I would love to have a talk about "black people" if only one of your posts was framed in a way other than "those good for nothing coloreds are at it again. I dun told ya so."
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

vision wrote:
Will Robinson wrote:Or are you a follower of slicks belief that talking about black people is taboo?
I would love to have a talk about "black people" if only one of your posts was framed in a way other than "those good for nothing coloreds are at it again. I dun told ya so."
Hint: Why don't you take the time and effort to start a thread about race in the manner you would like, instead of demanding others do so for you?
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

callmeslick wrote:
woodchip wrote:
callmeslick wrote:

Replied like a idiot. There were only a few of the mob that chased the car. And would you care to tell me how many of the mob were white?
Will Robinson
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Will Robinson »

vision wrote:
You are full of crap.
My post was not an indictment of black people.
From the post title right on through any subsequent comments I was blaming the forces that have manipulated their emotions and trained them from birth to react the way they did.

That is the conversation that you and slick et al are trying to avoid. That is why you have mis characterized my post the way you did. Probably because you are a coward, afraid to engage the real culprit. You need a bogey man to blame so you try to prop me up as a racist just picking on victims.
You are perpetuating the problem and empowering the pimps with your weakness.
vision
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by vision »

Will Robinson wrote:From the post title right on through any subsequent comments I was blaming the forces that have manipulated their emotions and trained them from birth to react the way they did.
Here is a pro posting tip: Focus on the perpetrators, not their prey.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

vision wrote:
Will Robinson wrote:From the post title right on through any subsequent comments I was blaming the forces that have manipulated their emotions and trained them from birth to react the way they did.
Aren't they intertwined?
Will Robinson
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Will Robinson »

vision wrote:
Lol!

That would be like convincing you the earth is round but you insisting I not describe the shape of the planet in my explanation.
Why so afraid of the details?

Some "Pro" you are! Although, you are consistent in your ridiculous ill-logical over protection of black people.
So much so that you obviously think they are far too emotionally fragile to cope with life without your 'professional' help.
So far you refuse to let a policeman use black to describe a black suspect and now you won't allow any mention of the behavior of a group in the discussion about said behavior if the group is black...

To you black people are the 'unspeakables'! I wonder if they know just how f#@%ed up you think they are?
vision
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by vision »

How has your post improved the lives of black people? How has your post taken down the race pimps?
Will Robinson
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Will Robinson »

vision wrote:How has your post improved the lives of black people? How has your post taken down the race pimps?
It might cause some people to look at the situation and address it instead of blindly perpetuate the conditions.
Others will cower and become defensive because to address the conditions requires them to address their flawed ideology.
vision
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by vision »

Will Robinson wrote:Speculation on my part but based on years of observing the phenomenon.

This group that almost, in fact may yet have, killed the driver wouldn't have done what they did if not for the community agitation tactics that keep their anger boiling to the brim so it can be tapped to serve their 'leaders'.

If you want to do good, don't start with "Speculation on my part." As a reader, why would I want to read your speculation? What is this phenomenon you have been observing for years and does it make you some sort of expert? If you are an expert, where are your credentials? And why would you only be speculating? Where is your proof that this group acted a certain way because they were coerced into doing so? Have you done a controlled study? Where is the data? And more importantly, WHO ARE THESE LEADERS YOU MENTION? It sounds like there are strong grounds for a lawsuit if a group of people were manipulated to do harm to another, so why are you not pursuing it? What good is posting on a game forum in the hope that "someone might read it and react" when people would be better served if you took your evidence to the appropriate authorities? And if you are trying to change someone's mind, is your initial post the most eloquent way to do it? Or is it just lazy?
Will Robinson
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Will Robinson »

vision wrote:
Will Robinson wrote:Speculation on my part but based on years of observing the phenomenon.

If you want to do good, don't start with "Speculation on my part." As a reader, why would I want to read your speculation? What is this phenomenon you have been observing for years and does it make you some sort of expert? If you are an expert, where are your credentials? And why would you only be speculating? Where is your proof that this group acted a certain way because they were coerced into doing so? Have you done a controlled study? Where is the data? And more importantly, WHO ARE THESE LEADERS YOU MENTION? It sounds like there are strong grounds for a lawsuit if a group of people were manipulated to do harm to another, so why are you not pursuing it? What good is posting on a game forum in the hope that "someone might read it and react" when people would be better served if you took your evidence to the appropriate authorities? And if you are trying to change someone's mind, if your initial post the most eloquent way to do it? Or is it just lazy?
Lazy?!? I think not. I think effective is the proper term.
Look how well I've got you, in spite of your reluctance, to engage! I'm apparently living in your head you are so wound up now.
You have attributed all sorts of motivations to me and then challenged your assignments. Playing Tee ball with yourself...mental mastrubation in text format. Good for you! You will be playing with the big kids soon!
vision
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by vision »

You haven't answered a single question. Just thought I would point that out.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

vision wrote:You haven't answered a single question. Just thought I would point that out.
Lets see, some of the race pimps Will refered to are the likes of Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson who both will jump on any white on black crime and beat the race drum for all it's worth. The news media who will jump on what Sharpton and Jackson are espousing and give it headline quality coverage. The politicians who jump on the bandwagon and tag along thinking this will help their credentials with the black voting pool. Want examples? The Zimmerman debacle hung this sorry state of pimping out on the wash line for the whole world to see. The black professor who was questioned by white police while trying to get in his house is another.

Now let me ask you this, when was the last time you heard of any black crime on white people get built up like my two examples? Even when racist epitaphs were thrown by blacks against whites, the press will not report it as was the case of the white couple in Brooklyn. So I hope I helped answer your question.
Will Robinson
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Will Robinson »

vision wrote:You haven't answered a single question. Just thought I would point that out.
You haven't asked any questions worthy of the effort.
You assigned a false premise to my purpose/intent and then challenged the premise you laid out... You will have to prop up that straw man all by yourself and figure out how to swing at it while you try hold it up as something legitimate.

I pointed out an issue and offered my opinion.
You can get as worked up as you need to over the fact it is here for people to consider. Yours is illustrative of the typical left knee jerk reaction so you have served to demonstrate that well enough.

What you can't do is get me to help you misrepresent the point I raised or take it down a diversionary path.
flip
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by flip »

Nobody heard about the incident that happened here at the same time the Zimmerman trial was ongoing. A little nerdy white guy walked to the store about 2 in the morning. Started getting bullied and attacked by 4 black teenagers. Tried his best to evade them and get away and they caught up to him beside the road. They all circled him and right when a truck was passing, shoved him into it's path killing him. It was an open and shut case I guess with no opportunity to sensationalize. And don't even try to pull that racist crap on me. I treat everyone with respect. I don't follow the crowd, I don't jump on band wagons. I don't talk about people behind their backs and I don't insult people. It's people like me that know how to repair relationships, and do ;) By being equitable, fair and most of all objective.
vision
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by vision »

woodchip wrote:Lets see, some of the race pimps Will refered to are the likes of Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson who both will jump on any white on black crime and beat the race drum for all it's worth.
Yes, those guys are idiots. Most people know this and this is why they are marginalized in the political arena. Seriously, what meaningful thing have either of them ever done? Race pimps yes, everyone knows, however they are not quite as powerful as their celebrity status makes them seem. I don't deny there are people who capitalize on race. My question is what to do about it. I'm waiting for the experts here to weigh in.
woodchip wrote:Even when racist epitaphs were thrown by blacks against whites, the press will not report it as was the case of the white couple in Brooklyn.
One reason racial slurs against whites don't get much attention is because they are empty. Seriously, what can a black person say to a white to make them feel bad about their status? I can't think of one. Maybe they can use white-guilt to psychologically soften a white person but that is not in the same category as racial slurs. Whites are pretty much immune to that stuff. It's a byproduct of being on top of the social ladder. However, there is rampant anti-white racism against folks in Hawaii. Many native islanders are highly vocal about their hate of whites and it becomes a bit of a problem in some areas. This is an interesting area of study since whites are a physical minority but an economic majority. Race studies get complicated really quick. But then again, we have experts here so this should be no surprise. I'm sure I'll hear some good answers on how to deal with the race pimps soon!

Will Robinson wrote:You haven't asked any questions worthy of the effort.
Dodge.
flip
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by flip »

Lay the blame at both feet.
Will Robinson
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Will Robinson »

vision wrote:....
Yes, those guys are idiots. Most people know this and this is why they are marginalized in the political arena. Seriously, what meaningful thing have either of them ever done? Race pimps yes, everyone knows, however they are not quite as powerful as their celebrity status makes them seem. I don't deny there are people who capitalize on race. My question is what to do about it. I'm waiting for the experts here to weigh in.
They are not marginalized! They are courted by the president and his party. They are powerful enough to turn out vote...or keep it at home...
They are powerful enough to get their own television programs...they are powerful enough to have the mainstream media publicize their every rally and complaint...they are powerful enough to get extortion money from multi million dollar corporations so that they will avoid the wrath of those people you say are not powerful.... :roll:

You are either ignorant of just what role they play in politics or you are very dishonest.

And with regards to my comment they are powerful enough to continually feed the fires that have a majority of black people hypersensitive to white people.

vision wrote:
Will Robinson wrote:You haven't asked any questions worthy of the effort.
Dodge.
You didn't ask an honest question. You delivered a premise of what you want my position to be and then demand I respond responsible for that which you laid out...
So, yea, I guess in a way I did "dodge"....a red herring that you tossed into my path.

Grow up.
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

Will Robinson wrote: They are not marginalized! They are courted by the president and his party.
Bull puckey!! Absolute, and complete nonsense. One of them can't stand the Pres and the feeling is mutual, the other has zero imput.
You are either ignorant of just what role they play in politics or you are very dishonest.
pot, kettle, black.....you cite what those folks were 20 years ago, transpose it to today(no proof whatsoever, by the way, except Rev Al has a TV show with lousy ratings).Yet, you attribute all manner of power to them. Why? I get back to fear. All racists, all bigots act out of fear of people they don't know, don't understand and don't want to understand. Get a mirror, take a look and get back to me. Because that's what fear looks like, close up.
George Orwell---"1984"
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

callmeslick wrote:
pot, kettle, black.....you cite what those folks were 20 years ago, transpose it to today(no proof whatsoever, by the way, except Rev Al has a TV show with lousy ratings).Yet, you attribute all manner of power to them. Why? I get back to fear. All racists, all bigots act out of fear of people they don't know, don't understand and don't want to understand. Get a mirror, take a look and get back to me. Because that's what fear looks like, close up.
You really are clueless aren't you slick. If Sharpton has so little power, how does he get Obama to attend:

"The revelations come as Sharpton’s National Action Network holds a convention in New York this week that will feature speeches by Mayor de Blasio on Wednesday and President Obama on Friday."

Powerless I'd say not.
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

woodchip wrote:
callmeslick wrote:
You really are clueless aren't you slick. If Sharpton has so little power, how does he get Obama to attend:

"The revelations come as Sharpton’s National Action Network holds a convention in New York this week that will feature speeches by Mayor de Blasio on Wednesday and President Obama on Friday."

Powerless I'd say not.
name one initiative he has been a primary spokesman for, and that the Obama administration has put on the front burner. One. National Action Network like most activist groups around urban affairs, has long since outgrown Reverend Al, who is seen as a bit of an outrageous self-promoter.So yes, he has very little power of any sort....couldn't get elected anywhere, but folks like you are scared of him. No shock there, either...... :roll:
George Orwell---"1984"
flip
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by flip »

Slick obviously is clueless to the power of words. Here's a social experiment for you. Take 10 people and feed them all the same disinformation. They will feel completely confident in their opinions not because they built a strong foundation or sought it out for themselves, but only because the other 9 agree with them. There is no greater power that exists than to get people in agreement and only words can accomplish that. Anybody that understands this may not be forthright in his attempts and may even say one thing, and counting on the other. It's so easy to manipulate people when you know people.
Will Robinson
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Will Robinson »

Slick is helping dish up a distraction, it isn't if they can do what he says they aren't...it is if they can incite hatred. Which they can and do.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

callmeslick wrote:
name one initiative he has been a primary spokesman for, and that the Obama administration has put on the front burner. One. National Action Network like most activist groups around urban affairs, has long since outgrown Reverend Al, who is seen as a bit of an outrageous self-promoter.So yes, he has very little power of any sort....couldn't get elected anywhere, but folks like you are scared of him. No shock there, either...... :roll:
Little Power yet:

"Sharpton called for an end to “stand your ground” laws like Florida’s, and Attorney General Eric Holder echoed the goal. Obama suggested Friday such laws add to violence, though he conceded the law was not part of the trial."

"Sharpton called for a civil-rights probe of Zimmerman, and Holder promised one. Later, the Justice Department held a conference call with the NAACP and other liberal groups and promised to created an e-mail address to solicit tips on Zimmerman. Aides say Obama supports Holder’s decision."

"Sharpton protested the stop-and-frisk policy of the New York Police Department, then Holder supported a federal monitor. But after Obama went off message by praising top cop Ray Kelly for doing an “extraordinary job,” White House insiders let it be known Obama is unlikely to name Kelly head of Homeland Security because of stop-and-frisk."

So yeah the Rev Al is just as useless as tits on a boar hog in the racial power dept.