D2 Singleplayer Level: Wolfenstein

The place to promote and link to Descent levels - both multiplayer and singleplayer - D1, D2 and D3.

Moderators: Sniper, Xfing

Viper1999
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

D2 Singleplayer Level: Wolfenstein

Post by Viper1999 »

This level is based off Wolf3D E1M1/Doom 2 MAP31. This map only took 3 days to make and done lots of testing. Unlike in the original maps, all the third reich-related imagery (e.g swastikas, Hitler, etc) are replaced with computer screens and PTMC logos. (sorry for those who were expecting these! :P)

Custom MIDI: Yes

Screenshots:
ImageImage

DOWNLOAD (MediaFire)
WARNING: This level will work best if you use DXX-Rebirth. The vanilla DOS version of Descent 2 won't work unfortunatley.

Tools used:
DLE-XP - Map
XWE (eXtendable Wad Editor) - Extracting of textures from doom2.wad
DXX-Rebirth - Testing
BriefEd - Briefing screen
DTX2 - MIDI replacement.

CHANGELOG:
V1.1: Fixed walls having sideways textures.
V1.0: Release

EDIT (10th January, 2017): Wow, I can't believe it has been 2 years since I posted this. Not much going on at the moment. I've noticed that there was an error with the Dropbox link involving too much traffic so I decided to change the download link.
*yawn*, now where was I again...
DarkFlameWolf
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Re: D2 Singleplayer Level: Wolfenstein

Post by DarkFlameWolf »

Now THIS is a interesting mission set idea! I'd like to see the entire doom game or wolfenstein game converted to this type of level design and make it coop compatible. That would be a fun experience for all involved when playing.
Xfing
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Xfing »

I'll be darned, Wolfenstein indeed!

Heil!
Descent 1,5: Level layouts done: 52/54 Secret level layouts done: 1/6
ThugsRook
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by ThugsRook »

it certainly looks better then playing it on a SEGA 32X :lol:

well done :D
MegaDescent
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by MegaDescent »

I'd really be for getting Doom or Doom II in Descent. Starting with Hangar or Entryway (or even System Control or Congo). Man Plutonia Experiment for Descent, if it ever happened, could be one hard mod!

It might actually work to start with a four-level mission of all of the first levels, as they are all progressively a bit harder (Congo being the hardest and longest by far).

Name for the mission? Maybe DescooM, or DooscenT.

Doom has height variation that would make a much more interesting potential experience compared to Wolfenstein. :)
Naphtha
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Naphtha »

Funny enough, I actually tried making Doom-inspired levels at some point, but the project they were going towards ended up not happening. I'd still be willing to share details of what I did have put together, but the levels I'm working on now try to carry more of the Final Doom-style gameplay in spirit or concept than piece-for-piece conversions.
First Lieutenant for the Red Dragons in the Descent Rangers. Join our ranks today!
LightWolf
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by LightWolf »

MegaDescent wrote: ...Name for the mission? Maybe DescooM, or DooscenT...
I think maybe "Descent II: The Descoom Project"
Whatever I just said, I hope you understood it correctly. Understood what I meant, I mean.
#AllLivesMatter