World Cup 2014

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

World Cup 2014

Post by Isaac »

Sigma, don't worry, russia is still not out yet. This thursday they'll play Algeria. If they win they won't be eliminated, unless Korea gets a win, then they might eliminate Russia, via the point system.

The U.S. will play today at 5pm. I think they're going to do well.

Also, anyone catch France vs Switzerland? The French soccer machine is a beast!
❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉
-⎽__⎽-⎻⎺⎺⎻-⎽__⎽--⎻⎺⎺⎻-★ ·:*¨༺꧁༺ :E ༻꧂༻¨*:·.★-⎽__⎽-⎻⎺⎺⎻-⎽__⎽--⎻⎺⎺⎻-
Alter-Fox
The Feline Menace

Re: World Cup 2014

Post by Alter-Fox »

Yah I decided to support France since neither Canada nor the Czech Republic had a team...
Yet to be honest I still have approximately zero investment and I'm not really following it beyond what I hear on Colbert and Late Night.
Ship's cat, MPSV Iberia: beware of cat.
Beware my original music, at http://soundcloud.com/snowfoxden.
Viper1999
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Viper1999 »

Socceroos (Australia) are versing Spain tomorrow! :)
*yawn*, now where was I again...
sigma
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by sigma »

Yes, this time luck was on the side of the Belgian players. Russians had not enough desire to win, in my opinion. Actually, to football, I'm more a fan of the team that plays the most interesting and has more desire to win.
Pumo
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Pumo »

Well, as natural I'm all for Mexico, but I honestly don't think they will make it far enough. :lol:
Although I'm supporting Mexico, I have the feeling that Croatia will own them, but I hope to have at the very least a draw.

Now, the teams I'm liking very much, are the Netherlands, Germany and France, but my favorite for this cup is definitely the Netherlands with no doubt! :D
From America I'm liking Mexico (obviously), Chile, Colombia and I think the USA is goin' pretty well also. :)
In the African side, I liked very much how Ghana played, but unfortunately they won't made it to the next round. :(

I usually also like Brazil, but I don't feel like it's as good as it used to be nowadays, so bleh.
But if for some reason they improve their tactics and style for next matches, I may change my opinion. We will see...

For a final, I would love to see a Netherlands vs Germany.

EDIT: Well, what do you know? Mexico beated the ass of Croatia, it was better than I thought. :D
But next one will be hard for me, my Favorite (Netherlands) vs Mexico. That will be nasty for sure, and I'm not completely sure which side to choose, lol. :lol:
[Pumo software main website] - Pumo Mines current release: v1.1 (12 Levels) -- [Official R.a.M. Land's website] (You can find my music here)
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

Pumo. That ★■◆●ing game was amazing. Mexico went super saiyan on them.
Pumo
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Pumo »

lol, indeed, it was a nice surprise I must say, it went much better than expected. :)
It seemed their power level went over 9000! :lol:

It would be very cool if they mantain that level (or even a bit more) on the next match, even if I also like the Netherlands.
[Pumo software main website] - Pumo Mines current release: v1.1 (12 Levels) -- [Official R.a.M. Land's website] (You can find my music here)
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

Yeah, the Netherlands will be a tough one.

Tomorrow is going to be crazy. US vs Germany, which is a tough team. That's going to be a very tense game. I'm worried about the US.

The Russia vs Algeria game will determine who gets eliminated. I want Russia to stay in, for the small chance of seeing a US vs Russia game.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Well nuts! The Germans beat us 1 zip.
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
Foil
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Foil »

At least we (US) got out of the group. A win, draw, and loss was actually better than I expected.

...To the knockout round!! :D
sigma
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by sigma »

Well, the game with Algeria was tense and interesting :)
Although our team won for the reason that our goalkeeper constantly dazzled high power laser pointers U.S. agents in the stands. Because only Americans are capable of such nastiness. Turn off the music during performances Russian figure skaters at international championships, find doping after winning, the injustice of judging, permanent impudent lies, and now blinding laser pointers Russian footballers...that's all Americans can.
Pumo
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Pumo »

I was supporting Russia, but the Algerians gave a nice match with good play, I must say.

And so Algeria will be goin' against Germany, that will be a tough one for Algerians for sure!
Although this World Cup has given a lot of unexpected stuff, like the many champion teams being eliminated on the first round, so who knows?

Still, I'm supporting Germany for that match, as for now it has not disapointed me. :)

USA will be playing against Belgium on their next match, and Belgium is going undefeated so far!
So look after that, as it looks it may be a tense match! ;)

I will be with USA on that one, just for the mates from USA that I know from this Descent community, so let's see how it develops.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

sigma wrote:Well, the game with Algeria was tense and interesting :)
Although our team won for the reason that our goalkeeper constantly dazzled high power laser pointers U.S. agents in the stands. Because only Americans are capable of such nastiness. Turn off the music during performances Russian figure skaters at international championships, find doping after winning, the injustice of judging, permanent impudent lies, and now blinding laser pointers Russian footballers...that's all Americans can.
Hey sigma. At least one of our players didn't bite an opposing player and then play victim. :P
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

Puma, every American fan was praying for a miracle, because everyone knew Germany was a stronger team. Instead of a miracle we got the toughest looking, most miserable game they could have gotten, short a volcanic eruption under the stadium. The rain... the ref running into a player. Germany not getting caught with a foul while the U.S. got called on almost every time. Two players colliding with each other, probably due to the rain.

On the bright side, Germany really REALLY had to fight to get that one goal. Did you see that shot? The goalie blocked a shot, then had to jump in the opposite direction to block the second shot. AND HE ALMOST ★■◆●ing DID! He was inches away from blocking that shot. God, if he did block it, I would have done black flips. The game would have been a tie. Maybe without the rain, he would have been able to react faster and block the shot. He was amazing, none the less.

It's also clear the the U.S. has a good defense, but a really REALLY weak offence, compared to Germany, Brazil, Mexico, and France.

SIGMA, I was rooting for Russia 100%. My wish was to have the U.S and Russia face each other. I think the U.S would have won, but we can only wonder now.
sigma
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by sigma »

I believe that the United States has all the chances to win against Belgium Image
And you can be sure that I'll be rooting for the U.S. in this match Image
Sirius
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Sirius »

It seems to me absurd to assume without any evidence that the person or people with the laser pointer were American in a stadium in Brazil that was presumably overwhelmingly populated by Brazilian spectators. Americans don't have a monopoly on bad behavior (consider Suarez), and they are certainly not the only people who have motive to mess with the Russians.

It would be nice (though exceedingly unlikely, unfortunately) if they can find the culprit, whoever it was - especially considering it seemed there was a very good chance that was responsible for the mistake the goalkeeper made that allowed Algeria to tie the game. It's never OK for games at this level to be won that way.

It's not the fault of the Algerian team, though. Actually, I was impressed with their game against South Korea and it'll be interesting to see how they do in the round of 16. I suspect Germany will be too much for them, but you never know!
sigma
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by sigma »

Isaac wrote: My wish was to have the U.S and Russia face each other. I think the U.S would have won, but we can only wonder now.
Well, as football in the U.S. is gaining popularity, I think, the American football team have time to better prepare for the World Cup in 2018. I'm not really counting on Russian team, to be honest. Russian team played not well enough today, so I wanted to make a bet on it. But, Russians, as always, are characterized by their unpredictability :lol: I also hope that the U.S. and Russian teams can play together in the future world championships. In my opinion, regardless of ability to play even, it may be a huge spectacle to inflame emotions, anyway :)