Finally got the source!

Feedback for the Outrage Entertainment D3 dev team members - bug reports, patch issues, your raves (or rants).
CDN_Merlin
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Post by CDN_Merlin »

All good things change. D3 had to evolve to encompass the FPS genre. If they didn't, D3 would of died a horrible death.

I for one, love D3. It's my favorite and D2 being 2nd. I've never played D1 multi and now in WinXP and USB stick, I don't get a twist in D2x so I dont' bother playing those anymore.

Kevin, don't worry about the harsh comments, some people just can't accept the future and leave the past alone.

Keep up the good work.
DigiJo
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by DigiJo »

a game like d3 that is played now for 5 years online and offline and still has lots of fans with new players coming in and people making level for it, cant be made that bad or?

for me d3 was way ahead of its time when it was released!

have another bug that really needs fix, i dunno if its in the bug-list. its the team-colors get confused in team-games with bad connection, resulting in players hunting team-mates and switching all time. is this already fixed in 1.5?
Suncho
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by Suncho »

I don't think that's listed, DigiJo. I think it has to do with fast computers and people getting into the game too fast. It never used to happen and now it happens a lot even on LAN.
Suncho
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by Suncho »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Arial" size="3">Originally posted by Tyranny:
<b> Don't skim suncho
</b></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I read your whole post. =)
Tyranny
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by Tyranny »

ah, I see, so you just picked out something to make me look bad, even though the following sentences said otherwise Image

Merlin, you do know that the D2x twist functionality was fixed don't you? Have you tried downloading the .plr files with pre-defined axis settings that Jeff and I released to address this issue?

http://www.dfiles.de/download/d2/patche ... xiscfg.zip

Also Merlin, I still stand firm to the belief that had D3 not been on PXO and had it been less like a FPS and more like D1/D2 it might have been more popular. You have to remember a lot of reasons a game becomes successful is due to word of mouth and we all know how big the Descent community was. There were TONS of people who were desperatly waiting for D3 to give them a reason to come back and play.

Then D3 came out and they tried it for a bit and decided not to come back because it wasn't what they were expecting. A very small handful of that same community has given D3 a try and continued playing it compared to the vast majority of the community that there was when D3 was released.

I have no problems with the graphics improvements, that was great, some of the new weapons were great and then again, some of them are just cheap, but you're going to have that in every game. I've never really been to fond of the different ships idea even though I do like the tank every once in a while, though it is way too slow for my tastes and playing in a pyro to get that speed boost gets you owned if you don't know what you're doing and you're in a level full of tank players. No comment on the penix Image Don't get me started on the BP either Image

The replacement of the Mercury Missile with the Napalm Rocket was something that I didn't really care for. There was already a Napalm Cannon, was really no need for another weapon that did lingering fire damage, plus a Mercury Missile was the most like a real missile that descent has ever had. Smart Missile boblets and Plasma were "dumbed" down a bit, being that they were so much smaller then they had been and it just took a little adjustment to use them properly again. Atleast you can still use them like you had in the past cept for the trick where you bank a smart directly under your ship to nail someone trailing you without fear of damage.

Frag Missiles and the Impact Mortar I thought were two really neat additions. The vauss cannon still serves its purpose and I'd rather have that firing at me then how much Gauss was abused in D2. It almost reverts back to the way the vulcan could be used in D1, on low pings the thing was deadly, but still was only good for finishing someone off at long range or strafing them with it before hightailing out of a room.

Mega has pretty much gone unchanged, homing missiles are relatively the same and guided missiles have that double click homing feature thats impossible to dodge but isn't used enough to really be a threat.

PXO is extremely limiting being that there will be like 3 levels with a bunch of players in it, and if you want to play with anybody it has to be in one of those three levels and most of them are boat happy levels so the n00bs don't feel like they suck. Sure you can do a SOD which is an alternative, but most people agree SODs are laggy then the other servers even though I haven't really noticed that much of a difference.

Atleast on kali you could fire up your own level that you wanted to play if you didn't feel like playing what everyone else was playing at the time and most people would venture in and play with you. Course, you haven't been able to do that in like 3 years Image

Theres nothing wrong with change, change is good, but I'm a purist when it comes to descent, so sue me. Image
Suncho
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by Suncho »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Arial" size="3">Originally posted by Tyranny:
<b> ah, I see, so you just picked out something to make me look bad, even though the following sentences said otherwise Image
</b></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's not why I picked it out though. I picked it out because it was the only part I was afraid of. Everything else was good. =)