ISIS thoughts

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

sigma
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Re: ISIS thoughts

Post by sigma »

CUDA wrote:
I express my opinion is not based on the opinion of the Russian government, but on the basis of my opinions about the actions of the United States.
which is formulated by the information the Russian government gives you. hey have you found that independent verification that slick requested almost 3 weeks ago??????
Listen, Russia expert, at least you are able to show on the map of the world, where there is a Russia?
Sergeant Thorne
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Sergeant Thorne »

sigma wrote:
Sergeant Thorne wrote:
sigma wrote:flip, believe me, Russia will not touch anyone if they themselves do not want this
Meaning you would not involve yourself in a conflict that "they" were not already pushing for? That sounds great, but how is it that you have the pulse of your government, sigma? Do you really believe that the leaders of Russia are so much like you? In America that's a mistake that a lot of people make, and it is something people in positions of power take advantage of to deceive the general public about their true intentions (works the same way in business P.R.).
I have no reason to love the United States. Let the United States will give at least one reason for my sympathy for him. But they do not want.
And by the way, I express my opinion is not based on the opinion of the Russian government, but on the basis of my opinions about the actions of the United States.
I think the United States is presently complicit in financial and social maneuverings on the world stage which bring them into conflict with Russia because Russia will not go along with it. That's every reason for Russia not to like the United States, IMO. The people of the United States have been suckered and taken advantage of, and the culprits have had the blessing of our elected representatives, which we stupidly put in office after they sing us a sweet song, since our grasp of reality and the weight of our situation is so shallow and weak.

Having said all of that, the U.S. has nothing to do with my statement you quoted--I was speaking about your government. It just seems incredible to me that you could be certain of the intentions of your government. Governments are complicated things, run by people with a different outlook than your average person. It is my experience, here in my country, that because of this it really doesn't pay to listen to the official narrative, but instead it is wiser to tune it out and come to your conclusions about the truth of the matter(s) based on their actions.
sigma
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by sigma »

I think the less discuss politics, the better will be digestion and restful sleep.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

There's always the reliable bang your head against the wall if you get tired of the insomnia or indigestion. :mrgreen:
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
sigma
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by sigma »

tunnelcat wrote:There's always the reliable bang your head against the wall if you get tired of the insomnia or indigestion. :mrgreen:
I would prefer to beat you head against the wall to save me from such comments. Then I will sleep peacefully.
CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master
Location: A Conservative Man in the Liberal bastion of the Pacific Northwest. in Oregon City. Oregon

Post by CUDA »

if you don't like political comments then don't post in a forum that has political subjects. easy enough
“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.” 

― Theodore Roosevelt
Flabby Chick
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Flabby Chick »

Not sure how you guys got onto Russia/USA stuff, but, spare a few thoughts for Alan Henning today. Cynics could call him naive or misguided, but his intentions were purely altruistic. A good bloke was killed yesterday.
sigma
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by sigma »

as well as hundreds of other good people in other countries
Do not you think that these cynical murder just play to give the grounds and justification for the United States for the use of weapons in another country? Bright hoodie on the victim...Fear thug looks like a movie character, who was casting for the terrible executioner studio movies ...Entourage on the background of the desert ...
Typical cynical American propaganda
Flabby Chick
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Flabby Chick »

Ahh i see why you all got side tracked now.
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

Flabby Chick wrote:Not sure how you guys got onto Russia/USA stuff, but, spare a few thoughts for Alan Henning today. Cynics could call him naive or misguided, but his intentions were purely altruistic. A good bloke was killed yesterday.
Does ISIS seem to be getting more desperate lately? They have already demonstrated they kill hostages, so what are they expecting in response? Do they think that somehow this fairly significant coalition will stop bombing them and hunting them down if they just murder the right hostage? A lot of politicians were talking about how dangerous and organized ISIS is, but to me it looks like they are barely held together at all. Like any other large organized extremist religious group or government in the area, they crumble under the slightest pressure. Perhaps that is why the place is such a hot bed in the first place, the entire culture of the region gives up too easily, which allows groups like ISIS to form and build up a huge movement in the first place but also makes them fall apart the instant the tide turns against them.

You know, instead of calling the US the global police, I think at this stage is is more accurate to call us the global fire department. Would that make "Bush" one of the more ironic names for a US president ever?
Flabby Chick wrote:Ahh i see why you all got side tracked now.
Hehe, I know, isn't he just adorable?
sigma
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by sigma »

Krom, If you have not noticed, I'll help you. There is a big, huge, total difference between the concept of democracy inside and outside the United States. If you still do not know. Outside the United States the American democracy is more like fascism.
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

So what does that make Glorious Leader Putin's government, then?
sigma
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by sigma »

Top Gun wrote:So what does that make Glorious Leader Putin's government, then?
I would not be surprised if you break your computer, you will say that to blame Putin.
CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master
Location: A Conservative Man in the Liberal bastion of the Pacific Northwest. in Oregon City. Oregon

Post by CUDA »

Much like you blame everything on America.
Dont like it when the finger is pointed at you huh
“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.” 

― Theodore Roosevelt
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

sigma wrote:
tunnelcat wrote:There's always the reliable bang your head against the wall if you get tired of the insomnia or indigestion. :mrgreen:
I would prefer to beat you head against the wall to save me from such comments. Then I will sleep peacefully.
I was a joke sigma. Just trying to help. Personally, I've given up on telling Americans that their own conceit and their government's imperialism is a big part of the world's problems today. Head banging is pointless and hurts after a while anyway. :wink:
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by CUDA »

tunnelcat wrote:
sigma wrote:
I was a joke sigma. Just trying to help. Personally, I've given up on telling Americans that their own conceit and their government's imperialism is a big part of the world's problems today. Head banging is pointless and hurts after a while anyway. :wink:
they don't joke in Russia unless the Government tells them to :P

― Theodore Roosevelt
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

And Americans are too blinded by their inflated sense of self importance and arrogance to see what others in the world may think of them. sigma may be reading what his government wants him to see, but I'm betting he can think for himself and form his own opinions.....and jokes. :wink:
flip
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by flip »

flip wrote:
Eh, you know, I skimmed somewhere Sigma saying how Russians would just relish killing American soldiers and how they must all be a bunch of cowards to resign at the first sign of a threat. Maybe a little low but not uncalled for ;)

flip, believe me, Russia will not touch anyone if they themselves do not want this
Sigma, for some reason, here in the South no one talks about Russia anymore, they have not for years but it's obvious to me you have never spent the weekend around a bon-fire! ;)
sigma
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by sigma »

tunnelcat wrote:
sigma wrote:
Je vous demande pardon, madame! Image I was just trying to support small talk. I guess I really was not quite gallant in the evening... Image
flip wrote:Sigma, for some reason, here in the South no one talks about Russia anymore, they have not for years but it's obvious to me you have never spent the weekend around a bon-fire! ;)
It looks like someone just threw it into the fire too much firewood :roll:
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

sigma wrote: Je vous demande pardon, madame! Image I was just trying to support small talk. I guess I really was not quite gallant in the evening... Image
That's OK sigma. Things get lost in translation, so maybe I need to learn a little Russian and broaden my horizons. I do own a little Russian dictionary for some reason. I can't remember why I bought it in college. It's still sitting on my bookshelf. Come to think of it, both my husband and I still have most of our college textbooks sitting around on shelves, so I'd hate to have to move right now. The weight of the books alone would cost a fortune in moving charges. :lol:
sigma
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by sigma »

tunnelcat wrote:
sigma wrote: Je vous demande pardon, madame! Image I was just trying to support small talk. I guess I really was not quite gallant in the evening... Image
That's OK sigma. Things get lost in translation, so maybe I need to learn a little Russian and broaden my horizons. I do own a little Russian dictionary for some reason. I can't remember why I bought it in college. It's still sitting on my bookshelf. Come to think of it, both my husband and I still have most of our college textbooks sitting around on shelves, so I'd hate to have to move right now. The weight of the books alone would cost a fortune in moving charges. :lol:
The weaker the woman is, the more power she has. I am once again convinced that the salvation of the world in the hands of women...
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

I don't know how this will translate to Russian but, BUWAAAAHAAAAHAAAA! :twisted2:
sigma
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by sigma »

Clear. I think my idea is just to walk with you through the meadows or to ride horses and read you a poem, has no future. Looks like you're used to driving a sports car with the guys from the university and you are used to smile their soldiers' humor. All right. You are just a typical American.
CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by CUDA »

sigma wrote:You are just a typical American.
is that what your government told you? :P

― Theodore Roosevelt
Sergeant Thorne
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Sergeant Thorne »

You'll have to excuse tunnelcat, sigma. The thought of world domination crossed her mind, and she got a little carried away in the moment. ;)
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Sergeant Thorne wrote:You'll have to excuse tunnelcat, sigma. The thought of world domination crossed her mind, and she got a little carried away in the moment. ;)
Bow to tunnelcat all ye slaves. :P
sigma
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by sigma »

tunnelcat wrote:I don't know how this will translate to Russian but, BUWAAAAHAAAAHAAAA! :twisted2:
In Russian synonym for "BUWAAAAHAAAAHAAAA! " will sound like "бис!" ("encore!") :wink:
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

It's supposed to represent the evil laugh sigma. :twisted2:

From the game Portal 2. Wheatley's evil laugh, the last one is Russian. Sounds the same in all the other languages too. Laughing, even evil laughing, is the same all over.

But here's the best American one I could find. Can't get one with the "BWAA" sound on the front though, but close.

CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by CUDA »

ISIS using chemical weapons on Kurds,

Disturbing new photos of ethnic Kurds killed by Islamic State fighters are stoking fears the terrorist army may be using chemical weapons seized from Saddam Hussein’s old arsenals, according to a Middle East watchdog
Looks like ISIS upped the ante with those Chemical weapons that Saddam never had.

― Theodore Roosevelt
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Wanna bet they got most of that stuff from Assad's giant arsenal? Plus, if it came from Saddam, why didn't WE destroy it since we had over 10 years of prowling around Iraq to ferret out all of his supposed stashes? You'd have thought that Bush/Cheney would have wanted ironclad proof of WMD's to vindicate their invasion at the very least.
Will Robinson
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Will Robinson »

Z.. wrote:....

Guess what Cuda? America has to sleep in the bed it's made. This is what we get for meddling in the affairs of every country, dropping randoms bombs, toppling countries, and doing everything else that they hate us for. I don't see them streaming into Canada to do bad things. Wait wait, this must be the result of America's "peaceful influence" right Will?

What a joke.
Well, only a month after you ridiculed the idea here is the punch line to your 'joke' :

Islamo-fascist terrorists have now carried out two deadly attacks on Canada for their role in opposing Islam.
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

The question is…will they cave like some European countries did.
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

now, watch the Canadians respond by invading a non-involved nation, or going on a racist rampage, targeting Sikhs and the like.
Or, maybe they will curl up in little scared balls on the floor, speculating about nukes, anthrax or sleeper cells in every small town.
I make these predictions based on how the US public reacted over the years. Actually, I suspect the Canadians are made of far sterner stuff.
"The Party told you to reject all evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."
George Orwell---"1984"
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

Be sure not to miss an opportunity to make an anti American remark, now.

You want to see intolerance of Muslims, you need to look towards Europe, Muslims are tolerated here far more than over there, even after 911.
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

Spidey wrote:Be sure not to miss an opportunity to make an anti American remark, now.

You want to see intolerance of Muslims, you need to look towards Europe, Muslims are tolerated here far more than over there, even after 911.
I suspect that, at the very least, Europeans know which of their dark-skinned, head-covered and bearded neighbors are Muslim, as opposed to some of the dimwits over here who embarassed all of us by their violent reactions.
"The Party told you to reject all evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."
George Orwell---"1984"
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

So let me reason out what you just said…

Europeans are better at making sure their victims of violent attacks are actually Muslim.

Yes well…considering the long history Europe has dealing with Muslims, I would say that might be a safe bet.
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

so, your defense of OUR collective embarassment is to point your finger elsewhere and say, 'but look at them'. Sort of a sad defense, wouldn't you say?
George Orwell---"1984"
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

I’m not attempting to defend anything.

Was a just a comparison, in response to your comment.
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

now, it seems the guy in Canada wasn't a jihadist, but some nut who thought the Devil was after him......whew, lucky that came out before Canada bombed or invaded someplace, eh?
George Orwell---"1984"
CDN_Merlin
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Post by CDN_Merlin »

Yesterday was a sad day here. No matter the reason, the war has been brought to our borders.
The guy who ran over 2 soldiers in St Jean sur Richeleu and this nutcase in Ottawa were on a watch list with the RCMP.
Corsair Vengeance 64GB 2x32 6000 DDR5, Asus PRIME B760-PLUS S1700 ATX, Corsair RM1000x 1000 Watt PS 80 Plus Gold,WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe M.2 SSD, WD Blue SN580 1TB M.2 NVMe SSD, Noctua NH-D15S Universal CPU Cooler, Intel Core i7-14700K 5.6GHz, Corsair 5000D AIRFLOW Tempered Glass Mid-Tower ATX, Asus GF RTX 4070 Ti Super ProArt OC 16GB Video, WD Black 6TB 7200RPM 256MB 3.5" SATA3, Windows 11