Merry Christmas!

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Merry Christmas!

Post by Tunnelcat »

That even coming from an agnostic liberal like me. :wink: Hope everyone had a good time this year with their families and friends. I won't be meeting up with my family until this weekend though, but what the heck, close enough. :)
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Re: Merry Christmas!

Post by Duper »

Have a Great Christmas TC! XD

And thank you! :mrgreen:
sigma
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by sigma »

Thank you! Mutually! :) :wink:
By the way, this is an interesting fact. You know that in Russia there are three Christmas? December 25, January 1, January 13. Accordingly, Julian, Gregorian calendar and the old pre-revolutionary Tsarist :) All this time, no one works, and celebrating the new year.
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

LOL, Nice! I like that idea Sigma! Merry Christmas... x3! ;D
Jeff250
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Jeff250 »

And a Happy Festivus for the rest of us. ;) But in all seriousness though, Merry Christmas. :)
Foil
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Foil »

Merry Christmas, all! :D
Alter-Fox
The Feline Menace

Post by Alter-Fox »

I've heard about Russian christmas.
Attachments
pantherxmas.jpg
Ship's cat, MPSV Iberia: beware of cat.
Beware my original music, at http://soundcloud.com/snowfoxden.
sigma
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by sigma »

Alter-Fox wrote:I've heard about Russian christmas.
Alter-Fox... :) I was even surprised by your awareness. Indeed, I was a little flattered Catholics because Catholics are more than the Orthodox in this forum. Apparently, I should explain. The fact that the Orthodox Christmas, it is the same that the Catholic Christmas (or clone, if you want). The only difference is that the Russian Orthodox Christians celebrate Christmas on January 7, and the Russian Catholic December 25. But it does not change the essence (just 7 January is 25 December on the Gregorian calendar).
Sergeant Thorne
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Sergeant Thorne »

I believe the Bible clearly indicates that Christmas is to be observed on the 30th of February. I can't recall the reference right off the top of my head...
sigma
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by sigma »

You already know that, for me there is only God as Creator from the point of view of science. Although I can not say that I'm an atheist or agnostic fanatic. When you spend much time in the woods, you can not be a complete atheist. I have my own signs, intuition, guidance, based solely on my experience. It can even be called a small religion.
I'll tell you one simple thing. Bible - is the last thing I think in extreme situations.
Sergeant Thorne
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Sergeant Thorne »

My tongue was in my cheek. ;) Just poking a little fun at the Christian Christmas crowd. Do you folks have a Feb 30th over there in Russia? ;)
sigma
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by sigma »

Sergeant Thorne wrote:I believe the Bible clearly indicates that Christmas is to be observed on the 30th of February. I can't recall the reference right off the top of my head...
sigma wrote:You already know that, for me there is only God as Creator from the point of view of science. Although I can not say that I'm an atheist or agnostic fanatic. When you spend much time in the woods, you can not be a complete atheist. I have my own signs, intuition, guidance, based solely on my experience. It can even be called a small religion.
I'll tell you one simple thing. Bible - is the last thing I think in extreme situations.
Sergeant Thorne wrote:My tongue was in my cheek. ;) Just poking a little fun at the Christian Christmas crowd. Do you folks have a Feb 30th over there in Russia? ;)
And where you saw that I answered to you about February 30?
Cute joke. I will tell about it to all my friends.
dissent
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by dissent »

Heh! Merry Christmas to all u krazy kidz!
"I've long called these people Religious Maniacs because, of course, they are. I always point out that you don't need a god to be religious maniac; you just need a dogma and a Devil." - Ace @ Ace of SpadesHQ, 13 May 2015, 1900 hr