WANT!!!!!

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

WANT!!!!!

Post by Duper »

It's a bit late for Christmas but.....

Found here >>>> http://www.mwelab.com/index.php/en/products/emperor-LX

for only *cough* $21K *cough*

:mrgreen:
sigma
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Re: WANT!!!!!

Post by sigma »

It looks great...

But my dream is still to play Descent on this simulator for real pilots.

Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

I'd settle for this and this. Closer to reality and maybe my pocketbook, the headset at least. Plus, the bonus would be some great exercise, as long as I don't get cyber sick doing it. :lol:
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
sigma
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by sigma »

TC, you ever played in a virtual helmet? Try it. If you tell me that wearing a helmet can play more than an hour without a subsequent prolonged habituation to this reality, I would be very surprised. At least I can play 6-8 hours a Descent on the TV 55 inches, and at any moment I can stop the game and quietly sit behind the wheel of the car, if the customer calls. Try to drive a car after the game in a virtual helmet. And be sure to ask your friends to recorded on video this :)
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Nope. Never tried one. I'd like to at least try one before buying one though. But yes, I'm guessing that I'd develop at least some motion sickness, since I tend to have that problem when riding in vehicles (never while driving at least), or even get what's called Mal de Deparquement. Many testers of the earlier Oculus Rift headset reported issues with motion sickness. They are supposed to get that worked out in the final product however. We'll see.

Hey Duper, that thing looks like something out of Star Trek!
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
sigma
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by sigma »

Try this, TC :D :wink: And not only Descent :) Just keep in mind that virtual reality is much, much more cool than true reality. In fact, it can be called a drug.
rumford
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Post by rumford »

I posted this question elsewhere but I'm not sure it stuck, but it seems relevant given the last few replies in this thread. Does anyone know if DXX-Reborn and the Oculus Rift can play together?
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

Nearly TC, Ya just need a couple more lensflare and you're good. :mrgreen:
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

sigma wrote:Try this, TC :D :wink: And not only Descent :) Just keep in mind that virtual reality is much, much more cool than true reality. In fact, it can be called a drug.
Now if it doesn't make me motion sick, I'll be happy. I did once get motion sick on one PC Star Wars game called "Dark Forces". Don't know if it was screen refresh rates or something else, but after about 10 minutes of playing, I started getting queasy. Only game that's ever done it to me.
rumford wrote:I posted this question elsewhere but I'm not sure it stuck, but it seems relevant given the last few replies in this thread. Does anyone know if DXX-Reborn and the Oculus Rift can play together?
Hmmm, good question. Has anybody asked over at the DXX forum?