"No-go zones" coming to America?

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Re: "No-go zones" coming to America?

Post by callmeslick »

CUDA wrote:So wait. You reported that fox news lied when they said there were no go zones in europe. Which is not correct. It was the guest that made the claim. Fox has since come out multiple times and issued corrects. You say they lied. Yet you report a story in a way that was also incorrect or incomplete then issued a correction. Are you also a liar?
You seem to be showing the same density as Pudfark on the 'other' forum. There wasn't one issue. There were two separate bogus statements by guests, one of which they waited a week to corrrect, along with the reporting(not a guest, by THEM) on two polls which were quickly proven to be false. This is a 'news' outlet? What a joke.
"The Party told you to reject all evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."
George Orwell---"1984"
CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master
Location: A Conservative Man in the Liberal bastion of the Pacific Northwest. in Oregon City. Oregon

Post by CUDA »

And I'm sure you'll hold and have held CNN, MSNBC, CBS, ABC, and NBC. To the same standards as you have Fox.
And if you claim you have. I'll require you to prove it.
“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.” 

― Theodore Roosevelt
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

CUDA wrote:And I'm sure you'll hold and have held CNN, MSNBC, CBS, ABC, and NBC. To the same standards as you have Fox.
And if you claim you have. I'll require you to prove it.
I do, and while everyone listed above has made, at times, greivous errors, they are both far less frequent than Fox as well as less specific in their targetted effects. Bottom line is to trust NO single source, ever.
"The Party told you to reject all evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."
George Orwell---"1984"
CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master
Location: A Conservative Man in the Liberal bastion of the Pacific Northwest. in Oregon City. Oregon

Post by CUDA »

I don't believe you. Show me one thread on this forum where you've done so and I will apologize.
Plus I have seen MANY "intentional" lies and distortions from other news agencies. MSNBC is the worst of the bunch. But what do we hear from you?
Crickets. Why are you one sided in your outrage? Is it because their "lies" fit how you feel? Why?

See that's your problem. You don't know what a "lie" is,
quoting what someone says is not a lie. It might be stupid or ignorant to do so, especially if you didn't fact check.
But it does not make you a liar.
Now if you distorted the facts of this story intentionally to fit some kind of agenda. Now that would be a lie.
is that what you did?
I wonder because you didn't mention the correct until I called you out.
“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.” 

― Theodore Roosevelt
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

CUDA wrote:I don't believe you. Show me one thread on this forum where you've done so and I will apologize.
Plus I have seen MANY "intentional" lies and distortions from other news agencies. MSNBC is the worst of the bunch. But what do we hear from you?
Crickets. Why are you one sided in your outrage? Is it because their "lies" fit how you feel? Why?

See that's your problem. You don't know what a "lie" is,
quoting what someone says is not a lie. It might be stupid or ignorant to do so, especially if you didn't fact check.
But it does not make you a liar.
Now if you distorted the facts of this story intentionally to fit some kind of agenda. Now that would be a lie.
is that what you did?
I wonder because you didn't mention the correct until I called you out.
I don't know if I started any threads, but I definitely commented on the CBS Rather stuff with Bush(predates membership here), and while here I commented on something that NBC screwed up, seemingly knowingly, but can't remember the details.

Still, why are you obsessed with the 'they do it too' defense. Isn't that a bit, well, third-grade, of you?
George Orwell---"1984"
CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by CUDA »

No more third grade then you distorting the facts of the story

"The slickest way in the world to lie is to tell the right amount of truth at the right time-and then shut up"

― Theodore Roosevelt
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

CUDA wrote:No more third grade then you distorting the facts of the story
except I did no such thing. Sad to see, you are actually lagging behind discussion of the same topic on the 'other site', where we at least got into
a discussion of the essential nature of diversifying one's news sources.

seriously, CUDA, you off you're meds or something? I presented JUST THE FACTS(4 retractions, one a week after the fact, all in one week around the same biased point, easily verified by a host of sources), and you've countered the whiney 'but they do it too, I just know they do' defense. Lame, really lame. You aren't addressing the agenda behind this, nor the validity of folks NOT accepting ANY single source, nor anything of substance. Just, "lookee there, CNN did it too!!" What a deep thinker! You can do better.......WAY better, and I know that in my heart.
George Orwell---"1984"
CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by CUDA »

The only lie was your description of what really happened. Even your own story says fox news was correcting incorrect information. Therefore they knew or found out they were in error for reporting information provided by another. They did not make the statement originally
So your portraying it as a "lie" is in it self a lie.

So as they say the best lie is a half truth. Stop telling half truths.
This is becoming a really bad habit of yours. Half truths.

― Theodore Roosevelt
Ferno
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug

Post by Ferno »

are you two married or something?
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

nah, not married, but long history.

CUDA, the article was diplomatic. Fox has a long history of 'reporting inaccurate information', and then recanting it later after the message was beaten into the sheep who follow Faux News. It's been part of Ailes' strategy with the network, and it's abyssmal. As you know, I feel precisely the same about MSNBC, but, to their credit, they have slogans like 'Look Left' as opposed to calling themselves 'Fair and Balanced. Bottom line, what Fox did here was, I strongly suspect, deliberate, and they recanted only when the drumbeat of complaints on the Interweb got a bit too hot for them.
George Orwell---"1984"
CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by CUDA »

what Fox did here was, I strongly suspect, deliberate
I'm OK with this statement. your previous one I was not

― Theodore Roosevelt
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

OK, I'll leave it there. Now, lets get a room! :wink:
George Orwell---"1984"
Ferno

Post by Ferno »

Just don't be so loud.. unless you want to see a videocamera. :D
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

I'm suspecting that no one needs to see either CUDA or me on film...... :twisted2:
George Orwell---"1984"
Ferno

Post by Ferno »

Oh, you'd be surprised -- there is always a market.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

callmeslick wrote:

You seem to be showing the same density as Pudfark on the 'other' forum.
I think it would only be fair if all of us on this forum be invited to the "other" forum.
Liberal speak: "Convenience for you means control for him, free and the price is astronomical, you're the product for sale". Neil Oliver

Leftist are Evil, and Liberals keep voting for them. Dennis Prager
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

woodchip wrote:
callmeslick wrote:

I think it would only be fair if all of us on this forum be invited to the "other" forum.
CUDA can chime in his two cents, but I wouldn't wish that upon a dog. The 'other' forum is one that CUDA and I have old history upon,
but it is really a shadow of itself with around 10 active members at this time. I don't even go there much. I'll leave the invite option up to CUDA.
George Orwell---"1984"
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

update---apparently, Parisians feel Fox News' 'errors' were deliberate:
http://money.cnn.com/2015/01/20/media/p ... index.html
George Orwell---"1984"
CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by CUDA »

callmeslick wrote:
woodchip wrote:
callmeslick wrote:

CUDA can chime in his two cents, but I wouldn't wish that upon a dog. The 'other' forum is one that CUDA and I have old history upon,
but it is really a shadow of itself with around 10 active members at this time. I don't even go there much. I'll leave the invite option up to CUDA.
Up to you Wood. but honestly I haven't posted there in almost a year. if you think some of the people here are bad :roll:

― Theodore Roosevelt
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

what CUDA said. To flesh it out a bit for you Woody, that site got SO bad that CUDA felt bad for me, and said "come to DBB, where the conservatives can form intact sentences". Frankly, if you all migrated there it would be sort of redundant, because you'd all overwhelm the handful still there, and we'd essentially have duplicate fora.
George Orwell---"1984"
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

let the CUDA effigies burn, after that last comment.....
George Orwell---"1984"
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

Oh, and someone, this very week, bombed the NAACP offices in Colorado. Muslims, you all guessing?
George Orwell---"1984"
CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by CUDA »

even if, more than 48 hours later, federal authorities have yet to officially determine whether it was a targeted attack.

― Theodore Roosevelt