Mapping competition! Summer contest

The place to promote and link to Descent levels - both multiplayer and singleplayer - D1, D2 and D3.

Moderators: Sniper, Xfing

homeyduh
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Mapping competition! Summer contest

Post by homeyduh »

Ever wanted to be the next Spaz or DKH of mapping? Ever wanted crowds of pilots screaming your name as you kill them in your map? Now you can!

I'm announcing a quarter-annual mapping competition. Anyone can join and can submit up to 3 maps to the competition. Submission deadline for this first contest will be July 1st. After that voting on favorite maps will be open. Voters can choose up to 3 maps to vote for. Top 5 maps will be subject to rotation ladder matches at the DCL for a week. A second poll will be held at the DCL forums by pilots who have played the maps in a competitive setting. After a week of playing and voting, the winner will be announced. Revel in fact that you're the top mapper of the competition as your name gets etched into the history of our game!

Currently, this contest will be focusing on D1 maps, but D2 maps and D2XXL maps will be accepted as well and judged just the same. This contest is currently FOR FUN, so have fun with it!. For tips on mapping out competitive grade levels, check out Drakona's post over at the DU forums. We also ask that mappers do NOT revise their maps once entered. Doing so may throw off the voting process as the version we download may be different than the one the mapper expects to be judged. If you plan on submitting more than one map, either submit them all at once our in separate posts if the maps aren't ready at the same time. Again, do NOT edit previous posts. Another thing, this contest is to stimulate new map creation so the map you submit must be less than 6 months old. Also, you can't submit maps for someone else. The author of the map must submit their own map. Best of luck and happy mapping! Here is the submission thread at the DCL forums.
6DoF mapper, Descent 1 and 2 fan, Sonic/Samus/Kirby main in Super Smash Bros 4, and all-around nice guy.

Twitter: @homeyduh
homeyduh
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Re: Mapping competition! Summer contest

Post by homeyduh »

Additional rule added to OP
6DoF mapper, Descent 1 and 2 fan, Sonic/Samus/Kirby main in Super Smash Bros 4, and all-around nice guy.

LightWolf
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by LightWolf »

Any fancy paperwork to fill out?
Whatever I just said, I hope you understood it correctly. Understood what I meant, I mean.
#AllLivesMatter
homeyduh
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by homeyduh »

Nope. Just submit your best work on the thread :)

homeyduh
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by homeyduh »

Hey guys just a week and a half left for the contest! Try to get something in or it's just me and PPSki in the contest!

Pumo
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Pumo »

Must it be a level that has not been published before, right? And only multiplayer maps I guess?
[Pumo software main website] - Pumo Mines current release: v1.1 (12 Levels) -- [Official R.a.M. Land's website] (You can find my music here)
homeyduh
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by homeyduh »

Yes, it has to be at least 6 months old and authored by you originally and yes, MP only. D1, D2, and D2XXL maps allowed.

LightWolf
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by LightWolf »

And now for my last-minute entry!

http://www.enspiar.com/dmdb/viewMission.php?id=1047

Spectrum (the D1 level) focuses on various colored rooms. It also sports instant full shield and instant full energy rooms (though they have puzzles attached). Finally, try and reach the Fusion.

Blast Radius is the D2 level. It is focused on missiles, bombs, and Gauss (hence the name). There is also an accessory room below the middle of the arena.

I hope I was in time!
Whatever I just said, I hope you understood it correctly. Understood what I meant, I mean.
#AllLivesMatter
homeyduh
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by homeyduh »

Sorry Lightwolf, but the deadline was today so it's too late for the summer contest. You can submit it for sure for the Fall contest. Also, you needed to submit the map into the DCL forums in the Map Submission thread. I believe it said that on the OP :/

homeyduh
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by homeyduh »

The Mapping contest poll is now active. It will expire in 7 days! Good luck to all contestants!

http://descentchampions.org/forum/viewt ... ?f=4&t=370