Contact info for Dan Wentz...

For Descent, Descent II and Descent3 level editing and modification assistance.
LightWolf
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Contact info for Dan Wentz...

Post by LightWolf »

I'm building Doomsday Warstation (the conclusion to Descent 1 1/2), and I knew it had to be the most epic level ever. Out of the blue came a real stroke of genius: What if I brought the legendary Descent composer to create the final track?

There is a slight problem though. I need some way to contact and ask him. Anybody know how I can?

Should I even do this?
Whatever I just said, I hope you understood it correctly. Understood what I meant, I mean.
#AllLivesMatter
Sirius
DBB Master
DBB Master

Re: Contact info for Dan Wentz...

Post by Sirius »

On the "should" - it's Xfing's mission so it's going to be his call what the music will be.
Lothar
DBB Ghost Admin
DBB Ghost Admin

Post by Lothar »

Dan Wentz is currently busy writing the music and sound effects for Descent:Underground. See https://soundcloud.com/daniel-wentz (which also has links to other ways to reach him.)
Izchak says: 'slow down. Think clearly.'
April Fools Day is the one day of the year that people critically evaluate news articles before accepting them as true.
Alter-Fox
The Feline Menace

Post by Alter-Fox »

Xfing and I already have the music thing figured out across the board, and we've got a plan that works very nicely... there are posts about it in the thread if you look there. No guarantee that this would fit in with that. No guarantee that it wouldn't, either, but that's how these things go. As someone who actually knows what the music plans are... I would say you shouldn't do it. There. Straight answer. :)

Honestly it's the level that needs to be stellar anyhow... music and sound fx and all that is good stuff, but it's not the actual level design.

Nice avatar btw.
Ship's cat, MPSV Iberia: beware of cat.
Beware my original music, at http://soundcloud.com/snowfoxden.
Xfing
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Xfing »

I also like how you came out of nowhere with that "making Doomsday Warstation" thing. No warning, no nothing. I'd think that making the final level for a long mission, one that requires great creativity and craftsmanship, not to mention experience, would be something you'd inform us all of beforehand. Or just like, you know... ask "is it right for me to try and make that level?"

As of right now I'm thinking only some of the most seasoned community mapmakers should even think of approaching this level. It should be very large, very memorable, very tough and inhospitable looking like nothing before it. I'm honestly not sure you're up to the task - and even if you are your excessively liberal attitude is really trying everyone's patience.
Descent 1,5: Level layouts done: 52/54 Secret level layouts done: 1/6