Happy Thanksgiving Day!

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Happy Thanksgiving Day!

Post by callmeslick »

....for all us 'merricans. The rest of you can enjoy our football coverage, if you can do so, and sit back watching the US population celebrate the ONE SINGLE time in our history when refugees arrived and harmed great numbers of the native population.
"The Party told you to reject all evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."
George Orwell---"1984"
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Re: Happy Thanksgiving Day!

Post by Krom »

Ignore the political pot shot, enjoy the turkey day instead.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

I'm a rebel this year. Turkey is such a pain to prepare and clean up afterwards. I'm making a New York beef roast, along with foiled potatoes. Those are red potatoes, cut into slices with a bit of butter put in between each slice, topped with sprinkles of dry French onion soup mix, wrapped in foil and baked for an hour and a half along with the roast. So easy. Mmmmm, buttery and oniony. Then there's the birthday cake desert, since my hubby's birthday falls close to Thanksgiving. I keep gaining weight this time of year, but I can't resist.
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
sigma
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by sigma »

Every time I can't believe that this woman is American.
I wish you good mood in this your great holiday.
Sergeant Thorne
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Sergeant Thorne »

Doesn't sound like you're missing out by much, TC. ;) It sounds better than ham.

Happy Thanksgiving, folks!
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

Turkey here, and yes, it is a time-consuming job. Lotsa cheese, crackers and shrimp to fortify me while I cooked, so all is ok.
"The Party told you to reject all evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."
George Orwell---"1984"
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Happy post Thanksgiving! I'm still stuffed. I also had a hit with the roast. When buying beef locally, it's usually hit or miss whether you're going to get one that's tender. Sometimes I get one that's tough as nails and tastes like 'em as well. This time, I lucked out. It was very tender, almost like butter, which is rare for a New York cut and was mucho tasty. It was expensive, but turkeys are getting expensive too. I received a catalog for Kansas City Beef the other day. Never bought from them before and the prices are astronomical for their Prime beef, but all their stuff looks really good, especially the Waygu (Kobe) cuts. Drool. I normally don't eat a lot of beef, but I might splurge for some prime beef on Christmas this year. :wink:
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.