Yeah, all these people are crazy

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Yeah, all these people are crazy

Post by woodchip »

Yup, Trump just has a narrow field of supporters and they're all loons:
Exit polls conducted for the Associated Press and other media across nine of the states showed Trump drawing significant support across educational, ideological, age and income classifications. Perhaps most important for Trump: Even among voting groups where he was weakest, he maintained enough strength to deny Sens. Ted Cruz and Marco Rubio any chance of catching him.
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/ ... 2-17-02-52
Liberal speak: "Convenience for you means control for him, free and the price is astronomical, you're the product for sale". Neil Oliver

Leftist are Evil, and Liberals keep voting for them. Dennis Prager
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Re: Yeah, all these people are crazy

Post by callmeslick »

yup, remember when folks were blabbering about the stellar field the GOP had assembled? These losers keep getting beat by a rather obvious con man, appealing to the basic fears and hatred of the party base(apparently regardless of certain demographics, but clearly a bunch of idiots).
"The Party told you to reject all evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."
George Orwell---"1984"
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

not just batshit crazy, but dangerous. Nice base of support, Woody:

http://m.nydailynews.com/news/national/ ... -1.2550304
"The Party told you to reject all evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."
George Orwell---"1984"
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

If it weren't for Trump, all these racist assholes would not be getting any press. And "not any" press was already more than they deserve. They should be shunned and isolated, not getting all this attention. They are just riding the bandwagon and the press is going along with it because it makes them boatloads of money.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Still on your monolithic doom and gloom tact I see.
Liberal speak: "Convenience for you means control for him, free and the price is astronomical, you're the product for sale". Neil Oliver

woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

I guess you guys missed " educational, ideological, age and income classifications." Now show me where they are racist assholes Krom.

Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

woodchip wrote:I guess you guys missed " educational, ideological, age and income classifications." Now show me where they are racist assholes Krom.
I was talking about the idiot slick posted about, not your quote. Every candidate is going to draw some loons, the problem is that the ones that have latched on to Trump are getting undeserved attention, including that guy.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

My apoligies then Krom. Slick has a habit of equating a small number of people to the whole group. Typical schlong liberal tactics.

Lothar
DBB Ghost Admin
DBB Ghost Admin

Post by Lothar »

"Donald Trump tells us he is very, very smart. I'm afraid that when it comes to foreign policy, he is very, very not-smart" - Mitt Romney
Izchak says: 'slow down. Think clearly.'
April Fools Day is the one day of the year that people critically evaluate news articles before accepting them as true.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

And politically, Romney is very un-smart. Romney was only too happy to lay accolades of love at The Donalds feet when Trump endorsed Romney for president. Now with the situation reversed all Romney can do is stab Trump in the back. Maybe thats what they teach in the Morman religion. At any rate, the respect I once had for Romney is now gone.

Nightshade
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Nightshade »

woodchip wrote:And politically, Romney is very un-smart. Romney was only too happy to lay accolades of love at The Donalds feet when Trump endorsed Romney for president. Now with the situation reversed all Romney can do is stab Trump in the back. Maybe thats what they teach in the Morman religion. At any rate, the respect I once had for Romney is now gone.
I never had any respect for Trump. He always seemed to be some fringe clownish entertainment figure at the edge of show business and shady land deals- but now he's being voted into a real position of power (as bad as Obama has trashed the country and our image abroad), he will do much worse.

I really can't decide whether an incompetent corrupt Clinton or a conman wacko would be worse. I almost wish Bernie would be elected instead of either of them because at least you know where you stand with him and he sounds like he's open to reason.

Bernie Sanders isn't a psychopath like Clinton or Trump.

Now- I really hope it doesn't come to that and Cruz/Rubio get themselves together and form one ticket or either of them drop out to consolidate support against Trump.

If Trump is the nominee, I'm staying home Woody. You can thank Trump for a Clinton presidency.
"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun" - Mao Zedong
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

all the talk about Trump expanding the party seems to be nonsense. He's bringing in cross-over voters, but over half are either voting for him to mess with the GOP, or voting against him. No, Trump is largely winning because he is exposing the level of hate, intolerance and stupidity that the Republicans have cultivated in their base for a decade and a half. Those people even hate their own leadership if those folks don't show the level of crazy the base has demanded(ie, don't shut down the government, etc). Now, the party has three clear factions: the establishment, the extreme right, and the Stupid Sheep. I see it as very unlikely that Trump brings the first two groups into the fold, and not very likely that a representative of the other two succeeds, either, at least in this cycle.

I still have hope that Sanders prevails for the Dems, but I applaud the GOP for managing, between that goofy Bengazi hearing farce and the rise of Trump, to make Hillary look Presidential. Way to go!

As I suggested before, Woody(and others), go study the effects of the O'Donnell nomination on the Delaware GOP(which has provided national leadership within the party for over a century), and compare to Trump.
George Orwell---"1984"
Nightshade
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Nightshade »

callmeslick wrote:exposing the level of hate, intolerance and stupidity that the democrats have cultivated in their base for a decade and a half.
Fixed it for you.

The democrat party and progressives have made sure that hate between the races is continued and nurtured. Democrats feed on racism and hate.

Where I see other fellow human beings, a 'progressive' only sees skin color and gender. Where I see the potential in a person for good, democrats only see a potential victim to exploit and divide from others.
"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun" - Mao Zedong
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

Nightshade wrote:The democrat party and progressives have made sure that hate between the races is continued and nurtured. Democrats feed on racism and hate.

Where I see other fellow human beings, a 'progressive' only sees skin color and gender. Where I see the potential in a person for good, democrats only see a potential victim to exploit and divide from others.
which explains why the hate is fueling the monster in your chosen party that you decry? Wake up and take a look at reality. Progressives didn't do a damned thing to create an ignorant, seething mess that is willing to vote for the first charlatran that comes along and tells them the irrational hatred and anger is OK.
George Orwell---"1984"
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

or, as Andy Borowitz put it, so much more amusingly, today:
"The GOP is worried that Trump's blatant bigotry will tarnish their brand of nuanced bigotry"
George Orwell---"1984"
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master

Post by Krom »

Not doing a dammed thing is a good way to describe the involvement of progressives in the birth of this monster. Progressives were also in a position to stop this bull★■◆● for the last decade and a half and chose to not do a dammed thing about it...
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

And Hillary isn't race baiting?:
Now, the Clintons are going full jiu-jitsu race-baiting as they desperately try to poll enough African-American voters to overcome the departure of white working-class voters to Sanders (and the GOP).
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2016/2/25 ... er-the-bus

Anything for votes I guess.

Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Anger is what's driving more and more of the voters towards Trump. On Super Tuesday, more Republican voters came out to vote for Trump than Democrats did for either Hillary OR Sanders. The voter percentages in all the recent voting just doesn't favor the Dems winning anything in the general. There's just not a good candidate to stoke up Democrats and Independents and get them to come out to vote in the large numbers needed to beat Trump. If the contest comes down to Trump verses Hillary, I don't think Hillary will win it. I think the polls she's counting on are dead wrong. She's not an outsider, she's a Clinton, she's not enticing enough for the Dems to come out in large numbers and vote for her like they did for Obama. She's just another milk-toast, crooked, Washington insider politician that considerably fewer on the Dem side, OR the among the unaffiliated, are really getting excited about. From all indications, Trump will win in the general election. The only thing that can sink Trump in the general is if every Latino comes out to vote Democratic in droves in order to overwhelm the current groundswell of angry and crazy Republican voters. :roll:

http://ncronline.org/blogs/distinctly-c ... y-analysis
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
vision
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by vision »

woodchip wrote:And Hillary isn't race baiting?
That blog post is pretty messy, points aside. Better than the blog post is the comments which feature a woman named Bravenak who gives what I found to be an interesting perspective. She really highlights how the complex race issue is, and then went on to make her own blog post.

I didn't know dailykos had a blog section for users to rant. I mean, none of them are journalists. That's kind of weird to me. Usually the comments section of a blog are just as ridiculous as E&C, but then they get a full page to themselves? Very strange.
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

Trump’s very first action after getting elected…Changes party, and everyone is the fool.
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

Forbes has the same thing, which is why it's amusing when someone posts a "Forbes" link with that tell-tale /sites/ portion of the URL.
Lothar
DBB Ghost Admin
DBB Ghost Admin

Post by Lothar »

callmeslick wrote:Wake up and take a look at reality. Progressives didn't do a damned thing to create an ignorant, seething mess that is willing to vote for the first charlatran that comes along and tells them the irrational hatred and anger is OK.
When I first came back to this board, one of the challenges I posed to you was to call out your own side when it's wrong. I think it's time for you to take a harder look. The reality is, both parties have allowed hate to fester in their ranks for decades. Both parties have spoken their nuanced bigotry while not speaking out against the blatant bigotry hiding behind it.

With Republicans, the nuanced form is typically anti-illegal-immigration, anti-abuse-of-welfare, and anti-theocratic-Islam. But this is a thin veil over the hate they've encouraged for immigrants, people on welfare, and all Muslims.

With Democrats, the nuanced form is typically anti-theocratic-Christian, anti-oppressive-business-practices, and anti-bombing-abortion-clinics. But this is a thin veil over the hate they've encouraged for the entire religious right, class-warfare style hate, and "war on women" type rhetoric.

The net result is that dehumanizing rhetoric has become the norm. I've been a target of it from time to time, and so have you, and so has everyone else here. Not because of Republicans alone or Democrats alone, but because of both parties and lots of ordinary people who have decided that it's OK to treat others as sub-human, who have decided to replace dialogue with ridicule and principled disagreement with hatred. And there's a tribalistic tendency to dismiss it when it comes from our own side -- to act like "those people deserve it", or to act like it's not really that bad -- and those who rarely end up offending their own side simply don't realize how bad of rhetoric they're giving a free pass to, because they only see it directed at people they already don't like.
April Fools Day is the one day of the year that people critically evaluate news articles before accepting them as true.
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

Krom wrote:Not doing a dammed thing is a good way to describe the involvement of progressives in the birth of this monster. Progressives were also in a position to stop this **** for the last decade and a half and chose to not do a dammed thing about it...
fair assessment. At the most charitable, one can say they fought against it tepidly, at best.
George Orwell---"1984"
Lothar
DBB Ghost Admin
DBB Ghost Admin

Post by Lothar »

woodchip wrote:the respect I once had for Romney is now gone.
McCain too?

From the NYT: Mr. McCain echoed their concerns about Mr. Trump’s “uninformed and indeed dangerous statements on national security issues.”

What a RINO amirite?
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

how about the group of defense experts from the GOP who wrote the group letter released today? More RINOs?
George Orwell---"1984"
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

well, this could make things interesting. It was on the Internet, so I know it's true.......
http://newsthump.com/2016/03/03/psychia ... ald-trump/
George Orwell---"1984"
vision
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by vision »

Hey watch this video of Mitt Romney. I gotta say, hearing Mr. Romney's voice brought me a warm feeling. His delivery of this speech was fantastic and reminded me what a great speaker he is. I wouldn't mind if someone picked him up for VP.
Ferno
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug

Post by Ferno »

Even I like Romney.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Ferno, where were you in 2012?

callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

woodchip wrote:Ferno, where were you in 2012?
in Canada? Note that he said he likes Romney, but not whether he likes him better than Obama. Personally, I was overwhelmed as I often am, that Romney has no sense of irony. Did he really criticize Trump for prospering off an inheritance? Seriously?
George Orwell---"1984"
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

I know ferno is in Canada. I meant was he liking Romney back in 2012 and was he supporting him here on this board.

Ferno

Post by Ferno »

woodchip wrote:Ferno, where were you in 2012?
Enjoying my life in a country that's batshit-insane free.
Foil
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Foil »

woodchip wrote:I meant was he liking Romney back in 2012 and was he supporting him here on this board.
DBB searches can come in handy.

Search author==Ferno and keyword=="Romney"