This Facist Left

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

This Facist Left

Post by woodchip »

So you still want to believe the left are the adults in the room? Do you see Hillaries speech's with such protestors?

http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-pol- ... story.html

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-m ... story.html

And you want to vote this kind of vermin into office. Notice how no one on the left is condemning these attempts to shut down free speech. Lets see if Hillary Clinton or Crazy Bernie says anything against violent demonstrations. Don't like Trump? Wait until Nov. and cast your vote against him.
Liberal speak: "Convenience for you means control for him, free and the price is astronomical, you're the product for sale". Neil Oliver

Leftist are Evil, and Liberals keep voting for them. Dennis Prager
Vander
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Re: This Facist Left

Post by Vander »

Are you calling me a fascist?
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

why would HIllary get protested? She doesn't engage in hate-speech. Nor, racist lies. I heard the Donald repeating the proven lie about pigs blood-dipped bullets again last night. Reap and sow.
"The Party told you to reject all evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."
George Orwell---"1984"
Sergeant Thorne
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Sergeant Thorne »

You know, people in this country have the right to protest, but there is no right to put your rights over someone else's rights. If someone ever felt it was their right to block my way in a public space, or silence me through disruption, I wouldn't stop at words. If there was a roll of duct tape handy they'd be affixed to the nearest vertical support and gagged. :P (actually I'd probably handle it differently in a crowd situation to prevent an escalation, but I wouldn't put up with it)
vision
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by vision »

Sergeant Thorne wrote:If someone ever felt it was their right to block my way in a public space, or silence me through disruption, I wouldn't stop at words.
Cool tough guy talk. You should get out your gun too. Respect through violence!
Sergeant Thorne
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Force is a means to an end when people rage against reason and peaceful coexistence. I'm not looking to go bully someone, but I will not submit to bullying. If you ever pull your head out and realize that no one on earth has a right to do anything to you more than you do to them, you may not find this sort of talk so annoying.

Furthermore it's a pretty sorry man who considers restraint "violence". Guns are quite a leap from duct tape, and you're the only one who went there.
vision
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by vision »

Sergeant Thorne wrote:I'm not looking to go bully someone, but I will not submit to bullying.
I'm sure tying someone to a tree with duck tape is a perfectly reasonable response. Cool idea.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Vander wrote:Are you calling me a fascist?
Did you see anything where I said all people on the left? Or do you suffer from having a thin skin?
Liberal speak: "Convenience for you means control for him, free and the price is astronomical, you're the product for sale". Neil Oliver

woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

callmeslick wrote:why would HIllary get protested? She doesn't engage in hate-speech. Nor, racist lies. I heard the Donald repeating the proven lie about pigs blood-dipped bullets again last night. Reap and sow.
Take a trip down memory lane:
But the truth is that for the entire Democratic primary, not only did Hillary Clinton’s campaign do nothing to push back against the racist fear-mongering about Obama, it actually fed this atmosphere and helped it grow. It was a part of their strategy from early in the campaign.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/james-ruc ... 12004.html

Or the pic here says it all:

http://www.salon.com/2016/02/26/hillary ... rous_time/

woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

vision wrote:
Sergeant Thorne wrote:I'm not looking to go bully someone, but I will not submit to bullying.
I'm sure tying someone to a tree with duck tape is a perfectly reasonable response. Cool idea.
So what is your cool way of handling someone who is bullying you bro?

Vander
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Vander »

woodchip wrote:Did you see anything where I said all people on the left?
Sorry, I was only following your logic of tarring people through ideological association. Of course, you didn't respond "no" to my question.
Or do you suffer from having a thin skin?
Sure! Why wouldn't I? My country doesn't have the greatest track record for treatment of leftists, inside the country or out. So when you start railing against some of us, painting with a wide brush, my ears perk up.

I don't agree with these protestor/agitator actions. I think violent protests are wrong not only in principle, but also tactically. It gives the power of the victim to Trump. It will allow Trump to consolidate support because it signals that Trump is driving "those people" crazy, and there are few things the talk radio set loves more than driving "those people" crazy. So if the goal of these protestors/agitators is to thwart a Trump candidacy, their actions look to be pretty low on the effectiveness scale.
Sergeant Thorne
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

I don't want you guys to think that I'm getting down on or being unfair with leftists, so I went and found a photo of a good, militant leftist "protestor" (probably). :mrgreen:
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Vander wrote:
woodchip wrote:Did you see anything where I said all people on the left?
Sorry, I was only following your logic of tarring people through ideological association. Of course, you didn't respond "no" to my question.
No.
woodchip wrote:Or do you suffer from having a thin skin?
Vander wrote:Sure! Why wouldn't I? My country doesn't have the greatest track record for treatment of leftists, inside the country or out. So when you start railing against some of us, painting with a wide brush, my ears perk up.
Not sure what you mean. Was it leftist non profits that were being delayed by the IRS?
Was Waco a bunch of leftists?
Was the black man attacked by the SEIU thugs a leftist?
Just where were leftist attack that makes you fearful?
Vander wrote:I don't agree with these protestor/agitator actions. I think violent protests are wrong not only in principle, but also tactically. It gives the power of the victim to Trump. It will allow Trump to consolidate support because it signals that Trump is driving "those people" crazy, and there are few things the talk radio set loves more than driving "those people" crazy. So if the goal of these protestors/agitators is to thwart a Trump candidacy, their actions look to be pretty low on the effectiveness scale.
This is why I enjoy debating you. You make sense and not always bending over for the liberal progressives like slick does.

vision
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by vision »

woodchip wrote:So what is your cool way of handling someone who is bullying you bro?
With reason, and when that doesn't work, ignoring them and going about my business.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

woodchip wrote:So you still want to believe the left are the adults in the room? Do you see Hillaries speech's with such protestors?

http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-pol- ... story.html

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-m ... story.html

And you want to vote this kind of vermin into office. Notice how no one on the left is condemning these attempts to shut down free speech. Lets see if Hillary Clinton or Crazy Bernie says anything against violent demonstrations. Don't like Trump? Wait until Nov. and cast your vote against him.
I condemn them and I'm leftie. I think they're nothing but agitators who are taking advantage of the situation for their own destructive entertainment. They certainly aren't doing the Dems any favor by acting like a bunch of hooligans and rioters. In fact, it makes every liberal look BAD. If they want to stand there with signs and their voices, that's fine, it's free speech. But to go further and obstruct and destroy is just plain counterproductive.

By the way woody, I was just taking to my neighbor, who's a diehard Republican, and she was shaking her head at the current selection of Republican candidates. She said that she thinks Trump would be an idiot nightmare of a leader and that Cruz is just a bitter obstructionist demagogue, and if she could, she'd vote for ol' Bernie because he sounds the sanest of anyone currently running for president. I told her I'd re-registered as a Democrat this year just TO vote for Bernie because I hate Hillary so much. Not that my one lone vote will stop the Hillary machine.
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
Sergeant Thorne
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

vision wrote:
woodchip wrote:So what is your cool way of handling someone who is bullying you bro?
With reason, and when that doesn't work, ignoring them and going about my business.
...but your "business" in this theoretical scenario is either going somewhere they are preventing you from going, or saying something they are shouting down. And by the way my scenario assumes they're not interested in reason, just so we can get that out of the way. So you can't reason, and you can't go about your business, and since you're trying to go about your business, which they're preventing you from doing, you can't ignore them either...
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

When an angry old business hater…scapegoat artist is the sanest we have…we are in a sorry state, that’s for sure.
Vander
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Vander »

woodchip wrote:Not sure what you mean. Was it leftist non profits that were being delayed by the IRS?
Was Waco a bunch of leftists?
Was the black man attacked by the SEIU thugs a leftist?
Just where were leftist attack that makes you fearful?
Not to belittle the ideological assault you're being subjected to, but my list includes The House Un-American Activities Committee. COINTELPRO. The global effort to undermine and suppress leftist ideology through overt and covert means we call the Cold War. I've said it before, someone with my political views in 60s-80s Central/South America very likely had someone from my government actively trying to suppress or eliminate him. I'm not entirely sure you'll want to measure dicks in this regard.
vision
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by vision »

Sergeant Thorne wrote:... and since you're trying to go about your business, which they're preventing you from doing, you can't ignore them either...
Right, and that's why you defer to the authorities instead of acting like a tough guy. If they have no legal right to obstruct you then have them removed from your way. No uncivilized macho posturing or duck tape needed.
Sergeant Thorne
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Well damnit, if the police are doing their jobs what am I supposed to do with all of this duct tape? ;)

Also, I'm the most civilized, un-"macho" person who doesn't take any ★■◆● that you'd care to meet, so anytime you want to drop this bull****, defensive, jock strawman image...
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

Lol @ duck tape
Ferno
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug

Post by Ferno »

Sergeant Thorne wrote:defensive, jock strawman image...
from the very same person earlier in this thread wrote:I wouldn't stop at words
Sergeant Thorne
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

You know, now that you mention it I was thinking of giving them a wedgie before duct taping them... **looks at self in the mirror in horror**
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

So it looks like the fascists couldn't even leave a peaceful May Day parade alone. Their motto:

"The anti-capitalist demonstrators carried signs including one saying: "We Are Ungovernable."

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/off ... ts-n565691