Adults in the room

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Adults in the room

Post by woodchip »

Well so much for adults as the Dems at their own convention turn into children... or would the word animal be better served. And these are the people you want in charge?:

‘WE NEED A MEDIC!’ Hillary, Bernie delegates clash at NV Dem convention"

http://www.theamericanmirror.com/chaos- ... onvention/
Liberal speak: "Convenience for you means control for him, free and the price is astronomical, you're the product for sale". Neil Oliver

Leftist are Evil, and Liberals keep voting for them. Dennis Prager
Vander
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Re: Adults in the room

Post by Vander »

I suppose if the glass house you're standing in is already shattered around you, throwing stones poses no risk. :)
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Yeah woody. You'd better make sure you wear good shoes when you walk around in all the broken glass. It also seems like yesterday that the Republicans were feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys just trying to keep out Trump.
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
vision
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by vision »

I'm trying to figure out how fighting against corruption is "childish."
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Wait a minute vision, where's your non-violent, lets reason it out attitude you had in the other thread I posted? Are you now being a bit hypocritical?
Liberal speak: "Convenience for you means control for him, free and the price is astronomical, you're the product for sale". Neil Oliver

sigma
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by sigma »

I think it would be good for US back into their model of the social system. This model for a lot of people to like. Why make the situation worse than it is now? Trump is too not quite adequate man, whatever he said. This is the wrong way of development, I think.
U.S. stuck somewhere in the middle of the 20th century and can not get out of there...
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Sigma, I bet Trump and Putin become buddies.

vision
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by vision »

woodchip wrote:Wait a minute vision, where's your non-violent, lets reason it out attitude you had in the other thread I posted? Are you now being a bit hypocritical?
Nope. Your source has painted a different picture than what actually happened and you fell for it, predictably. The "we need a medic" part was for a medical emergency unrelated to the commotion on the floor. There is one report of a scuffle between two men allegedly because of stolen credentials, but on the whole this is a surprisingly non-violent outcome for such a disastrous event. I've even seen people complain that there wasn't enough of a protest. However, It really highlights how ridiculous and archaic some of the election process is. Some people should lose their jobs because of this and Nevada should move to a ballot system. This story should be reported on all the major news outlets (it won't be), not because "Hillary is bad" but because the process is bad and needs attention.

Fortunately for Trump supporters this is incredibly damaging to Mrs Clinton's campaign. There is a slight possibility the Democrats might lose due to mismanagement if they don't start working to appease the base. In the past, candidates appealed to the base before moving to the center later in the campaign. The problem with Hillary is she's already way to far to the right. If she would have paid a little more lip-service to the left she would be invincible instead of slightly vulnerable.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Actually vision you made a decent reply. The Nevada convention did get to the point where the police threatened arrests if people did not leave. Kind of funny, I've been worried about the GOP convention in Cleveland turning violent but I think the Dems convention may be far worse.

callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

sigma wrote:I think it would be good for US back into their model of the social system. This model for a lot of people to like. Why make the situation worse than it is now? Trump is too not quite adequate man, whatever he said. This is the wrong way of development, I think.
U.S. stuck somewhere in the middle of the 20th century and can not get out of there...

there's a mural of that subject in Eastern Europe. Too bad I can't post images.
"The Party told you to reject all evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."
George Orwell---"1984"
sigma
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by sigma »

callmeslick wrote:
sigma wrote:I think it would be good for US back into their model of the social system. This model for a lot of people to like. Why make the situation worse than it is now? Trump is too not quite adequate man, whatever he said. This is the wrong way of development, I think.

there's a mural of that subject in Eastern Europe. Too bad I can't post images.
You should not be interested in Eastern Europe. USA is the most active, direct and clear threat to peace in the world, it can not but cause concern. Do you want me to continue or you yourself guess?
vision
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by vision »

woodchip wrote:... I've been worried about the GOP convention in Cleveland turning violent but I think the Dems convention may be far worse.
Had Cruz done as well as Sanders you bet the GOP Convention would be violent. Just look at how hostile the candidates were to each other during the debates. I thought a fist fight would have broken out on stage. There is nothing comparable between Sanders and Clinton. However, when any group is divided so equally you can be assured trouble will follow.

Personally I think it's absolutely disgusting what happened in Nevada, but keeping in perspective, Nevada is a unique state with a wide variety of political views and is not reflective of the United States or the Democratic Party as a whole. I'm actually surprised there haven't been more conflicts between supporters of Clinton and Sanders this election considering how shockingly well Sanders has done.
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

sigma wrote:You should not be interested in Eastern Europe. USA is the most active, direct and clear threat to peace in the world, it can not but cause concern. Do you want me to continue or you yourself guess?
how about I couldn't give a rat's ass whether you continue or not?
"The Party told you to reject all evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."
George Orwell---"1984"
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

by the way, the actor Wendell Pierce, a good actor and great human being doing massively good work for underserved communities, got arrested for apparently getting physical with a couple of people in an Atlanta hotel for merely supporting Sanders. No excuse for that stuff at all.
George Orwell---"1984"
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

And so the Dem on Dem violence starts building up.

vision
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by vision »

woodchip wrote:And so the Dem on Dem violence starts building up.
It isn't.
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

woodchip wrote:And so the Dem on Dem violence starts building up.
comparatively tame, and in this one, I strongly suspect alcohol was involved. Wendell's a NOLA native, doncha know.
George Orwell---"1984"
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

woodchip wrote:Sigma, I bet Trump and Putin become buddies.
Since you seem to hate all things Russian, would you want that to even come about woody? :wink:
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
Sergeant Thorne
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Sergeant Thorne »

'cause Russians have cool, huge trucks; cool dogs; Vodka; they jump off of tall buildings into snow piles; and when it comes to driving they don't get mad they get even. ;) (just to name a few)
sigma
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by sigma »

About North America say something good
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

sigma wrote:About North America say something good
We're not Russia.
sigma
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by sigma »

I know. And that's all?
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

We invented Rock and Roll muthafacker!
sigma
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by sigma »

Spidey wrote:We invented Rock and Roll muthafacker!
Rock and Roll was invented by black people, not you.
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

Black Americans....moron.
sigma
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by sigma »

Maybe not need to shift your American headache to me, okay?
Sergeant Thorne
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Well, the fading cowboy talks straight and doesn't take any ★■◆● from anyone (still can be found, just doesn't always carry six-shooters); we'll strap an oversize engine or rocket to just about anything; we have guns... we have a lot of guns... and contrary to what anti-gunners may feel; the vast majority of them are used to legally and safely shoot the hell out of random everyday objects at distance; we're still not the U.K.; wolverines are bad-ass; we let Canada have Canada.
vision
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by vision »

NASA.
sigma
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by sigma »

The number of weapons is bullsh*t. We have still bigger and more powerful.

vision wrote:
NASA.
Yes )

Although I'm actually much more impressed with this

http://pikbox.ru/img/16/201605170826403 ... 2d4dbd.jpg
Sergeant Thorne
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

I'll give you size and power, but I'm thinking Americans have you on number of guns.
sigma
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by sigma »

OK
Ferno
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug

Post by Ferno »

America having a greater number of guns... LOL.

you couldn't swing a stick around russia without hitting someone who owns an AK.
Sergeant Thorne
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Ferno wrote:America having a greater number of guns... LOL.

you couldn't swing a stick around russia without hitting someone who owns an AK.
I'm sorry, did you say an AK? A lone AK? That's adorable. ;)
sigma
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by sigma »

It seems that you have never heard of С-500 or Р-36М and many other pleasant Pinocchio
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

http://www.npr.org/sections/parallels/2 ... re-murders
Sergeant Thorne
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Those are impressive, Sigma. Are they privately owned?

I wasn't minimizing the AK, I was just speaking to the suggestion that practically everyone in Russia owns an AK, and that translating to Russia having a larger number of privately owned firearms. An American that owns twice as many guns as he needs is what we might call a "good start". ;P ...Top Gun hasn't been doing his part, though, and I'm thinking he may be due for a demotion to "Top One". ;)
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

So the adults in the Dem party are now shooting bullets into Sanders campaign office. Nice bunch except it could very well be crazy Bernie's supports who fired the shots to garner sympathy for their guy.:

http://www.weeklystandard.com/sanders-s ... le/2002438

vision
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by vision »

Proof needed to show this wasn't an unrelated incident. Nevada is a rough state with a lot of sketchy people.
sigma
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by sigma »

Sergeant Thorne wrote:Those are impressive, Sigma. Are they privately owned?

I wasn't minimizing the AK, I was just speaking to the suggestion that practically everyone in Russia owns an AK, and that translating to Russia having a larger number of privately owned firearms. An American that owns twice as many guns as he needs is what we might call a "good start". ;P ...Top Gun hasn't been doing his part, though, and I'm thinking he may be due for a demotion to "Top One". ;)
Of course nuclear weapons can not have a private person. Very rigidly control. To put it mildly.
Here's what the US military is easy to use military first aid kit with painkillers in peacetime, which are intended for heavy injuries in the war, that's really worried.
Ferno

Post by Ferno »

Spidey wrote:
http://www.npr.org/sections/parallels/2 ... re-murders
how does that negate what I said? Get twelve russians together. guaranteed one owns a gun.