My vote for Trump

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

Sergeant Thorne
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Re: My vote for Trump

Post by Sergeant Thorne »

I was at a state park the other day, and there were a bunch of Russian teens and a few adults driving around in a single, large pickup truck (had to be at least a dozen people in the bed of the truck). I didn't realize it until that moment, but apparently rednecks have some stiff competition from Russians when it comes to being boisterous. ;) Everyone else in the park was Hispanic... *waves little American flag*. :P
sigma
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by sigma »

woodchip wrote:
tunnelcat wrote:
By the way, if Hillary is elected as the Democratic nominee, I'm predicting we'll get Trump elected as president next November. The U.S. will become the laughing stock of the world, who's being lead by an orange-haired, foul mouthed, psychotic egomaniac. By the way, Google the definition of the word "trump" as it's used in Britain. :lol:
Sorry TC, but we are already the laughing stock of the world.
Indeed, I do not understand why it is still in the US thriving anti-communist ideology. The Soviet Union has not existed for 25 years, Gorbachev went to the maximum concessions to the West, but in the end we got NATO closer to our borders.
When the Soviet Union disappeared, the United States could not find a better replacement for the American ideology of Captain America by switching to anti-Muslim (yes, yes, we all know that the United States acts in the interests of some oil countries in the Middle East, practicing radical Islam, against other Muslim oil countries, who practice the peaceful Islam), and continuing to support anti-Russian ideology. The US has lost the vector of progressive development. Their tactics "All Brawn, No Brain" hold almost only Russia.
sigma
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by sigma »

No, TC, East Germany was not conquered by U.S.S.R, it was liberated from fascism.

In this church is a Russian priest?
sigma
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by sigma »

Sergeant Thorne wrote:I was at a state park the other day, and there were a bunch of Russian teens and a few adults driving around in a single, large pickup truck (had to be at least a dozen people in the bed of the truck). I didn't realize it until that moment, but apparently rednecks have some stiff competition from Russians when it comes to being boisterous. ;) Everyone else in the park was Hispanic... *waves little American flag*. :P
I think you really wanna to get struck in your f*cking face. I do not deny that among Russians quite many rednecks , but you're talking about children, ★■◆●.
Add: And if we are talking about it, Russian children are simply angels compared with Muslim children.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Wow sigma, you still need a better translator before going all hurf durf name calling.
Liberal speak: "Convenience for you means control for him, free and the price is astronomical, you're the product for sale". Neil Oliver

Leftist are Evil, and Liberals keep voting for them. Dennis Prager
sigma
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by sigma »

woodchip wrote:Wow sigma, you still need a better translator before going all hurf durf name calling.
Well, I'm trying to use the most appropriate word meaning. How it should look right if could you possibly.
vision
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by vision »

woodchip wrote:Wow sigma, you still need a better translator before going all hurf durf name calling.
It also helps to write in a way that considers non-English speakers, free of idioms and colloquialisms.
Sergeant Thorne
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Sergeant Thorne »

sigma wrote:
Sergeant Thorne wrote:I was at a state park the other day, and there were a bunch of Russian teens and a few adults driving around in a single, large pickup truck (had to be at least a dozen people in the bed of the truck). I didn't realize it until that moment, but apparently rednecks have some stiff competition from Russians when it comes to being boisterous. ;) Everyone else in the park was Hispanic... *waves little American flag*. :P
I think you really wanna to get struck in your f*cking face. I do not deny that among Russians quite many rednecks , but you're talking about children, ★■◆●.
Add: And if we are talking about it, Russian children are simply angels compared with Muslim children.
No reason to get mad, Sigma. I'm not leveling some terrible judgement on their activities, it's just that it wasn't entirely safe, and it was at times overly loud and fast for the setting. I'd do it myself in the right setting. :P The state park, during a busy weekend, is just not the right setting. Hence the redneck comparison. I guess I could have more appropriately said that I realized for the first time that Russians have rednecks too. ;)

I may have a different perspective on "children" than you do. Children don't get a free pass for disrespectful, harmful, or irresponsible behavior in my book. My brothers and sisters and I didn't.
sigma
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by sigma »

I must admit, I've been little testy. Probably all this unhealthy atmosphere of disrespect to Russians influence on me.
Of course, I agree with you and understand your indignation perhaps unconventional, too noisy behavior of Russian teens, but you must agree, it's not the same thing, when Muslim children can easily afford to throw stones at passers-by on the streets of Russian cities.

So, Trump. Trump-Trump-Tararamp (here the play of words, in Russian "tararam" is hullabaloo) :) It seems, he starred in some movies, he's an actor. Maybe he will be able to become President. Reagan was an actor, is not it?
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Sigma, nothing wrong with being compared to rednecks. Most of them are good country folk who can a appreciate a good firearm, can live off the land, drink moonshine and are able to make jokes about themselves. Kinda like being compared to Russian Cossacks.
Liberal speak: "Convenience for you means control for him, free and the price is astronomical, you're the product for sale". Neil Oliver

callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

Redneck was originally(and for some of us from the lowland South still is) a term of respect for farmers who spend hours in the hot sun working to feed us all.
"The Party told you to reject all evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."
George Orwell---"1984"
sigma
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by sigma »

woodchip wrote:Sigma, nothing wrong with being compared to rednecks. Most of them are good country folk who can a appreciate a good firearm, can live off the land, drink moonshine and are able to make jokes about themselves. Kinda like being compared to Russian Cossacks.
You know, actually I have some German friends who are well-known pilots of the European business aviation and also some familiar Russian Americans, who are farmers, and I think they would not like to hear what you just said.
sigma
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by sigma »

woodchip, callmeslick, I understood. Different values of the same word. It seems that in America, this word can be used for real hard workers who deserve respect, although the Russian equivalent of the word is extremely offensive.

P.S. I am glad that Sergeant Thorne once again showed his wisdom in such quite difficult situation.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

sigma wrote:No, TC, East Germany was not conquered by U.S.S.R, it was liberated from fascism.

In this church is a Russian priest?
Oops. You're right sigma. Wrong word. The U.S.S.R. did technically liberate East Germany from Hitler's Fascism. But since the U.S.S.R. replaced that Fascism with Communism, I don't think I'd use the "liberated" for the end result. Germany got rid one repressive system and the U.S.S.R. put them under another. Why else did so many people living there flee to the West after the Iron Curtain came down? I don't think they liked living under Communism very much at all.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Escape_at ... man_border

As for Trump, either he doesn't know how to vet his business partners, or else he doesn't care because making money is his ultimate goal, no matter if that money is illegal or illegitimate. Trump puffs up like a rooster at his rallies and says he's going to be hard on the Iranians, while at the same time he's recently had business dealings with someone who illegally laundered money for Iran's military. Tsk, tsk. :wink:

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/c703edc1 ... amily-ties
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
sigma
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by sigma »

Why they fled to the West? For various reasons, I think.

Cat, I don't really want to talk about it. Russia is still a cruel country is not only due to natural conditions. I just do not want to talk about it.

As for Trump and other applicants, in fact, for us there is no difference who will be US President.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

I don't know. Trump wants to be buddies with Putin. It might be good for Russian and U.S. relations.....maybe. :wink:
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
sigma
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by sigma »

tunnelcat wrote:I don't know. Trump wants to be buddies with Putin. It might be good for Russian and U.S. relations.....maybe. :wink:
It's impossible now. The US is not ripe for a true partnership relations with Russia. They will rest on all hooves, but not to go on cooperation with Russia, as long as there is no dollar crisis.
Vander
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Vander »

I will not be voting for Trump.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

I will not be voting for Hillary.