Junking emails from cell phone

For system help, all hardware / software topics NOTE: use Coders Corner for all coders topics.

Moderators: Krom, Grendel

woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Junking emails from cell phone

Post by woodchip »

On my PC I can label a mail junk and from then on it goes to the junk file. On my cell phone (samsung galaxy note 4) I have 2 options to register it as spam.

Block the sender

Block the Domain.

There is one sender, Lifelock, that I have tried both ways and it keeps showing up. The domain name will change some letters and reappear. Same with the sender addy. So how does this happen and is there anything further I can do? Almost as tho there is a proggy on the phone mixing up letters so the ad can get thru.
Liberal speak: "Convenience for you means control for him, free and the price is astronomical, you're the product for sale". Neil Oliver

Leftist are Evil, and Liberals keep voting for them. Dennis Prager
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Re: Junking emails from cell phone

Post by Krom »

Assuming you already tried getting them to remove your number from their call/text lists by contacting them directly and it hasn't worked. File a complaint with the FCC including relevant information (your contact information, description of the unwanted spam, etc). Given the kind of company they are, sending the FCC breathing down their necks should get it resolved reasonably quickly once they get to it.
Vander
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Vander »

If you look at the bottom of the email, there may be an unsubscribe link. This is industry standard for scrupulous marketing firms. I've had a pretty good success rate using these, though obviously you should scrutinize the email for legitimacy before clicking.
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

Problem is…you actually have to click on spam…and that is something I will never do, hell I turned off the preview pane years ago.

I constantly get spam from Lifelock, from a different domain every day, I just keep blocking them, and realize this is the reality of the day.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Thanks for the replies. Turns out Lifelock does have a unsubscribe button. clicked on it and I see you get taken to a slte called Mega Marketing. Anyway, lets see if I get any more ads.
Liberal speak: "Convenience for you means control for him, free and the price is astronomical, you're the product for sale". Neil Oliver

Leftist are Evil, and Liberals keep voting for them. Dennis Prager