Insecure Login?

For system help, all hardware / software topics NOTE: use Coders Corner for all coders topics.

Moderators: Krom, Grendel

Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Insecure Login?

Post by Tunnelcat »

I just updated Firefox to version 52 today and now it's throwing a nag that the login page for this forum is not secure when I try to enter my password. I've also verified that there is a lock symbol with a red slash through it on the top browser link bar indicating that IS the case. Is this going to be a problem for keeping our passwords private and will the login page ever be made secure?
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Re: Insecure Login?

Post by Krom »

Will happen on any site that doesn't have a HTTPS certificate, which includes both DBBs. Adding a SSL/HTTPS certificate would more than double the cost of hosting.
vision
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by vision »

Let's Encrypt is not an option? Does anyone have command line access to the DescentBB.net server?
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Krom wrote:Will happen on any site that doesn't have a HTTPS certificate, which includes both DBBs. Adding a SSL/HTTPS certificate would more than double the cost of hosting.
OK, that's fine. They just updated Firefox to version 52 and now a flag drops down under the password line when you try to enter your password. I'd already noticed the slashed lock symbol in the address bar quite a while ago, but this is the first time that Firefox had a flag. Must be a new added feature. Oh well....
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Hunter
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Hunter »

You can get free SSL certificates now. If hosting is an issue, drop me a PM.