And now, a word from the department of the completely stupid

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

Ferno
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug

And now, a word from the department of the completely stupid

Post by Ferno »

http://claremontindependent.com/pitzer- ... -earrings/

Every so often, I come across a story that's so absurd, so ridiculous, it makes bash my head against my desk so much that part of my brain starts leaking out of my ears.

Telling someone what they can and can't wear? I'm sorry, did hoop earrings worn by someone not of a certain colour hurt their little feewings? Well guess what - in the real world, we get to wear what we want and no one has the right to tell us otherwise. Maybe they'd know that if you weren't spending so much time in your SAFE SPACE. I just hope that the first day that this person gets out of college, real life jumps on her head and does the fricking pagonia flamenco with Gene Simmons' Demon boots on its feet so much that all the stupidity oozes out of her head to be eaten up by crows.

"white people can't wear hoop earrings"? Let's try that exact same line but with a slightly different adjustment... "black people can't ride in the front of the bus". Sounds god-awful, doesn't it. So what makes them think it's okay to use the same ass-backwards discriminatory line today when it was decided that back in the day, it was NOT okay to say it? They're not fighting for equality here, they're fighting for the right to hold others down under their boot.

And cultural appropriation? That's just another weasel word for someone to use in order to bully someone else into conforming to a different opinion.