Happy Easter

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Happy Easter

Post by callmeslick »

"The Party told you to reject all evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."
George Orwell---"1984"
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Re: Happy Easter

Post by Spidey »

Too bad there aren’t any Christians left here to rub it in their faces.
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

huh? :huh:
"The Party told you to reject all evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."
George Orwell---"1984"
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

What...
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Spidey wrote:Too bad there aren’t any Christians left here to rub it in their faces.
Sure there are. Snoopy's still around and perhaps Sergeant Thorne reads here occasionally. The world needs more peaceful men like this oldster.

Edit: I removed my earlier comment because for some idiotic reason, I didn't notice that he was actually a Christian, not a Muslim. :roll:
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

Spidey wrote:Too bad there aren’t any Christians left here to rub it in their faces.
*looks in mirror*

Um, okay?
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

Ok ok...so I missed a few...
Nightshade
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Nightshade »

callmeslick wrote:video of a Christian who gets it:

https://www.facebook.com/NowThisNews/vi ... 479356440/

He's not too bright it seems.

I wonder what he'll say when he comes to "O you who believe! Take not the Jews and the Christians as Auliya' (friends, protectors, helpers), they are but Auliya' of each other. And if any amongst you takes them as Auliya', then surely, he is one of them. Verily, Allah guides not those people who are the Zalimun (polytheists and wrongdoers and unjust)."
"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun" - Mao Zedong
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

Probably the exact same thing that someone reading Deuteronomy would think upon reading, "If a man is found sleeping with another man's wife, both the man who slept with her and the woman must die. You must purge the evil from Israel." Or does the Old Testament get a magical free pass from you?
Nightshade
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Nightshade »

Top Gun wrote:Probably the exact same thing that someone reading Deuteronomy would think upon reading, "If a man is found sleeping with another man's wife, both the man who slept with her and the woman must die. You must purge the evil from Israel." Or does the Old Testament get a magical free pass from you?
Except he is doing exactly what the koran forbids the muslim children to accept him as. Irony much?
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

Actually in my opinion, nobody should be teaching religious text to children, they should at least become adults before someone starts to fill their heads with nonsense.

That right is reserved for parents... :wink:
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

Nightshade wrote:
Top Gun wrote:Probably the exact same thing that someone reading Deuteronomy would think upon reading, "If a man is found sleeping with another man's wife, both the man who slept with her and the woman must die. You must purge the evil from Israel." Or does the Old Testament get a magical free pass from you?
Except he is doing exactly what the koran forbids the muslim children to accept him as. Irony much?
"If you can dodge a point, you can dodge a ball."
Ferno
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug

Post by Ferno »

Nightshade wrote:Except he is doing exactly what the koran forbids the muslim children to accept him as. Irony much?

Suddenly you're an expert on the koran; a part of a religion you hate?
snoopy
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by snoopy »

I lurk every once in a while...

So, how does he get it? Does he get it because he's helping kids, or because he's being "religiously inclusive?"
Arch Linux x86-64, Openbox
"We'll just set a new course for that empty region over there, near that blackish, holeish thing. " Zapp Brannigan
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Could it be because he advocates teaching others about the world's different religions, even if they're not his own, along with a nice dose of promoting peace and understanding?
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

Indoctrinating children can never be a good thing.

I love how people talk about zombies, spaghetti monsters and “fairy tales” but then get all gushy when something fits a certain narrative.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

I'm not talking about indoctrination, I'm talking about informing.
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

snoopy wrote:I lurk every once in a while...

So, how does he get it? Does he get it because he's helping kids, or because he's being "religiously inclusive?"
he's teaching that two religions are linked by a LOT of common history, descendant from Abraham of Old Testament times. He gets that bit that Christians are taught via parables about treating one's neighbors with love and respect(as opposed to the hate and untruths those children will certainly encounter).
George Orwell---"1984"
Nightshade
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Nightshade »

Spidey wrote:Indoctrinating children can never be a good thing.

I love how people talk about zombies, spaghetti monsters and “fairy tales” but then get all gushy when something fits a certain narrative.
Exactly. What leftist atheists don't get is that they're on the menu after Christians and Jews are taken out by islam.
Vander
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Vander »

Indoctrinating children is always bad? Isn't teaching your child responsibility or ethics or pretty much anything indoctrination? I thought that was a big thing for conservatives. Or are you using "indoctrination" as a pejorative meaning teaching something you don't like?
Nightshade wrote:What leftist atheists don't get is that they're on the menu after Christians and Jews are taken out by islam.
I admit it. As a leftist atheist, I spend zero time pondering being "taken out" by islam.
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

Nightshade wrote:

Exactly. What leftist atheists don't get is that they're on the menu after Christians and Jews are taken out by islam.
a second steaming helping of pure bull★■◆●. You cannot make that assertion without any proof.
George Orwell---"1984"
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

No Vander…it has nothing to do with what “I” like or dislike…it has to do with filling children’s minds with crap.

Context is important.

Sure…maybe I should have narrowed my statement down a little, but I always speak in context…so my bad.
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

I've come to believe that TB thinks the movie Team America is an accurate portrayal of Islam. "Durka durka, Mohammed jihad!"
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Spidey wrote:No Vander…it has nothing to do with what “I” like or dislike…it has to do with filling children’s minds with crap.

Context is important.

Sure…maybe I should have narrowed my statement down a little, but I always speak in context…so my bad.
But isn't even teaching world history or politics to children in school filling their minds with crap? So much of history and even politics is tainted and written by the power players and victors.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Nightshade wrote:

What, rightist atheists are exempt? :wink:
snoopy
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by snoopy »

Nightshade wrote:

The use of "menu" in the context of zombies and spaghetti monsters somehown struck my funny bone.

I asked because I wondered what each of you would see as the particularly commendable aspect.
Arch Linux x86-64, Openbox
"We'll just set a new course for that empty region over there, near that blackish, holeish thing. " Zapp Brannigan