Is it ok to poison "nazis?"

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

Nightshade
DBB Master
DBB Master

Is it ok to poison "nazis?"

Post by Nightshade »

If you disagree with someone, I guess it's ok to try to kill them.
Robert Spencer writes-

Last Thursday, I gave a lecture on the jihad threat at the Grand Hotel in Reykjavik, Iceland. Shortly thereafter, a young Icelandic Leftist registered his disapproval of what I said by poisoning me.

It happened after the event, when my security chief, the organizers of the event, and Jihad Watch writer Christine Williams, who had also been invited to speak, went with me to a local restaurant to celebrate the success of the evening.

At this crowded Reykjavik establishment, I was quickly recognized. A young Icelander called me by name, shook my hand, and said he was a big fan. Shortly after that, another citizen of that famously genteel and courteous land also called me by name, shook my hand, and said “F**k you.”

We took that marvelous Icelandic greeting as a cue to leave. But the damage had already been done. About fifteen minutes later, when I got back in my hotel room, I began to feel numbness in my face, hands, and feet. I began trembling and vomiting. My heart was racing dangerously. I spent the night in a Reykjavik hospital.

What had happened quickly became clear, and was soon confirmed by a hospital test: one of these local Icelanders who had approached me (probably the one who said he was a big fan, as he was much closer to me than the “F**k you” guy) had dropped drugs into my drink. I wasn’t and am not on any other medication, and so there wasn’t any other explanation of how these things had gotten into my bloodstream.

For several days thereafter I was ill, but I did get to Reykjavik’s police station and gave them a bigger case than they have seen in good awhile. The police official with whom I spoke took immediate steps to identify and locate the principal suspects and obtain the restaurant’s surveillance video.
https://www.jihadwatch.org/2017/05/icel ... rt-spencer
"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun" - Mao Zedong
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Re: Is it ok to poison "nazis?"

Post by callmeslick »

like I am supposed to accept Spencer's word about anything? Going full Fascist on us now, NS? Seig Heil!!
"The Party told you to reject all evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."
George Orwell---"1984"
Vander
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Vander »

Verdict: Yes, it is ok to poison "nazis."
Nightshade
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Nightshade »

Vander wrote:Verdict: Yes, it is ok to poison "nazis."
So you'd go ahead and kill someone that disagreed with you politically? (Heck, even if they were a white supremacist- which Robert Spencer ISN'T.)
Ferno
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug

Post by Ferno »

Nightshade wrote:
So you'd go ahead and kill someone that disagreed with you politically? (Heck, even if they were a white supremacist- which Robert Spencer ISN'T.)

Did he ever come anywhere ★■◆●ing near saying anything like that in all the time he's ★■◆●ing been here? Goddammit man, just how ★■◆●ing callous do you have to be to even say that? Or did someone smoke you in the head with a ★■◆●ing baseball bat?
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

I agree that Robert Spencer is not a Nazi. However, he is a hatemonger. He's no better than the Jihadists he reviles. Hate breeds hate. No, he didn't deserve to be poisoned. That's along the lines of something Putin would do to his enemies. But when someone spews hate and bigotry in the public sphere, they'd better keep an eye on their food and drink in public places if they're recognizable, because someone else who has less scruples than most people might do something really nasty. Hell, most women in America even know that they should to keep their eyes on their drinks in a bar just in case some guy decides it might be fun to perform a drug and rape session, a la Bill Cosby. :wink:

By the way, I love killing Nazis in Sniper Elite 4. There's no better satisfaction that watching some Nazi officer's head explode in gruesome detail from a perfect headshot. :P
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

No...it's not.
Vander
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Vander »

Nightshade wrote:So you'd go ahead and kill someone that disagreed with you politically?
Sure, why not? If you're going to think the absolute worst of us anyway, why shouldn't we get the pay off of you being dead and gone?

And no, I'm not being serious. Heh.
Ferno

Post by Ferno »

Now that triggered an interesting question in my mind, Vander.

If he thinks you'll kill people, and i'm a rage machine, I wonder what he thinks of the other people here.
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

I'd like NS/ThunderBunny to explain how Robert Spencer isn't a White Nationalist, as was asserted above?
"The Party told you to reject all evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."
George Orwell---"1984"
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

I'm guessing White Nationalists differ very little from Nazis in ideology, or they're at least close cousins. And speaking of Nazis, we as a nation spent billions of dollars, lost nearly a whole generation of our young men and killed hundreds of thousands of Nazis all during WWII. Those Nazis slaughtered millions of Jews purely out of hate and the twisted desire for Aryan purity. Around 2,300,000,000 people died during that war globally. I guess we shouldn't forget that we willingly killed them in droves all in the name of freedom, just to rid the world of their perverse tyranny. Do we really need to see them rise again (they are in the form of Neo-Nazis) and with that in mind, does any person wanting to see them dead seem too extreme?
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
Ferno

Post by Ferno »

It's because now we have a chance to marginalize them and isolate them before they gain the same amount of power, so killing isn't necessary.
Nightshade
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Nightshade »

callmeslick wrote:I'd like NS/ThunderBunny to explain how Robert Spencer isn't a White Nationalist, as was asserted above?
You prove to me how he's a white nationalist. Provide evidence, otherwise you're full of it (as usual.)
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

Nightshade wrote:
callmeslick wrote:I'd like NS/ThunderBunny to explain how Robert Spencer isn't a White Nationalist, as was asserted above?
You prove to me how he's a white nationalist. Provide evidence, otherwise you're full of it (as usual.)
Find a transcript of his speech in Charlottesville(VA) last weekend. Leading a bunch of torch wielding white guys protesting a Confederate Monument or two getting taken down and the renaming of a park, all matters decided by local officials in a public vote.
George Orwell---"1984"
Ferno

Post by Ferno »

If I'm going to give the other guys ★■◆● for not stating their sources, I gotta give you ★■◆● about it too. You have to show us your source. Otherwise, your premise is shaky. Saying "find a transcript" is not good enough.
Nightshade
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Nightshade »

callmeslick wrote:
Nightshade wrote:
Find a transcript of his speech in Charlottesville(VA) last weekend. Leading a bunch of torch wielding white guys protesting a Confederate Monument or two getting taken down and the renaming of a park, all matters decided by local officials in a public vote.
You mean this protest? http://www.cbsnews.com/news/charlottesv ... ee-statue/
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

direct quote from the rally:“What brings us together is that we are white, we are a people, we will not be replaced,”

(Washington Post story)

Hell, I could provide far further, but what is astounding is that you all just let the utterly nonsensical assertion lie, "he is NOT a White Nationalist" lie. He is clearly NOT a White Supremacist, because every action he leads, every word he speaks demonstrates that White People are NOT inherently superior.
George Orwell---"1984"
Nightshade
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Nightshade »

callmeslick wrote:direct quote from the rally:“What brings us together is that we are white, we are a people, we will not be replaced,”

(Washington Post story)

Hell, I could provide far further, but what is astounding is that you all just let the utterly nonsensical assertion lie, "he is NOT a White Nationalist" lie. He is clearly NOT a White Supremacist, because every action he leads, every word he speaks demonstrates that White People are NOT inherently superior.
That's great- but I'm asking you again...was it THIS protest- http://www.cbsnews.com/news/charlottesv ... ee-statue/ ???
Vander
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Vander »

That was a protest for states rights.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

NS is right. His link showed the protest over the removal of the Confederate statue of Robert E.Lee. If you look carefully, you can see the statue behind all the protestors. And yes, it does kind of resemble a Ku Klux Klan rally with all the flaming torches. To top it off, the protestors were shouting: "Russia is our friend". :roll:

The image below is from a 2013 KKK rally, so it's recent. I guess burning torches represents the good old days, bad if you're not white.

Ferno

Post by Ferno »

"Does kind of" does not mean "it is".

Need more concrete links than two spurious coincidences.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

It's a visual comparison Ferno. :wink: You'll have to admit it's a striking resemblance. Even this quote from NS's own CBS link.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/charlottesv ... ee-statue/
The Saturday protesters called on officials to halt the removal of a Gen. Robert E. Lee statue in Charlottesville and were swiftly condemned by the city's mayor, who said the event appeared to harken "back to the days of the KKK.
Ferno

Post by Ferno »

I know it's a visual comparison, which is why I'm saying the connection is anecdotal... and spurious.

If I had a photo with a blue car in front of a burning barn, and a blue car in front of a burning house, it would be ridiculous to claim there's a 'striking resemblance', because both are isolated incidences.

Resemblances mean nothing in the grand scheme of things. We need concrete connections. And unless it's proven the organizers took a page from the KKK, both incidences are isolated.
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

yes, NS it was at that rally. What is your point? You trying to say that wasn't a bunch of white natonalists(and why the ★■◆●,"Russia is our Friend" got into the mix eludes me)? Or, that the quote I gave you was not uttered by Mr Spencer? They were outnumbered by anti-racist protestors the second night, when a handful of (quite possibly drunk) Tiki Torch Fellas assauted a couple folks and got arrested.
George Orwell---"1984"
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

some of the exchanges above are confusing me. For anyone from the South, it is clear that:

1. That was NOT a KKK rally. Hell, it was a bunch of semi-organized guys with WalMart Garden Shop Tiki torches.
2. That event WAS, quite possibly, intended to harken to the idea of Night Riders(KKK, and other groups) of days past.
3. Yes, one can find actual KKK rallies existant to this day. A large one was held on Maryland last year, photo above from 2013, etc.

Where is there some debate around the repugnant intervention by outsiders in a decision which had been reached by Charlottesville officials and voters?? How does TB get to assert flatly that Robert Spencer is 'Not a White Nationalist'(he is, clearly exactly that, despite trying to coin a spiffy new name for racism and xenophobiia)?
George Orwell---"1984"
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

apparently, a Yankee thing now. Thanks, Trump

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/real ... ounty.html
George Orwell---"1984"
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Ferno wrote:I know it's a visual comparison, which is why I'm saying the connection is anecdotal... and spurious.

If I had a photo with a blue car in front of a burning barn, and a blue car in front of a burning house, it would be ridiculous to claim there's a 'striking resemblance', because both are isolated incidences.

Resemblances mean nothing in the grand scheme of things. We need concrete connections. And unless it's proven the organizers took a page from the KKK, both incidences are isolated.
Picky, picky. Maybe they were instead out to burn Frankenstein. I mean, why else do people organize into threatening mobs while carrying actual torches? In the year 2017 no less. :roll:

Nightshade
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Nightshade »

callmeslick wrote:yes, NS it was at that rally. What is your point? You trying to say that wasn't a bunch of white natonalists(and why the ★■◆●,"Russia is our Friend" got into the mix eludes me)? Or, that the quote I gave you was not uttered by Mr Spencer? They were outnumbered by anti-racist protestors the second night, when a handful of (quite possibly drunk) Tiki Torch Fellas assauted a couple folks and got arrested.
*facepalm*

You DO know that RICHARD is a different name from ROBERT right?

My OP was about ROBERT Spencer being poisoned after a presentation in Iceland.

I have no idea who Richard Spencer is other than what you said- and what he appears to be- which is INDEED a white nationalist.

And again as I have asserted, ROBERT Spencer is NOT a white nationalist. (Otherwise he would want to have nothing to do with Jews or black women like Ayaan Hirsi Ali.)

Don't be such a dumbass. :P
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

callmeslick wrote:apparently, a Yankee thing now. Thanks, Trump

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/real ... ounty.html
★■◆●ing Pennsyltucky. A good chunk of this state is a complete shithole.
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

Yup, and a good chunk of that chunk is right here in filthadelphia, had another fatal shooting right near my house the other day…that makes like…what…5 or so in the last few years.
Ferno

Post by Ferno »

Tunnelcat wrote: Picky, picky. Maybe they were instead out to burn Frankenstein. I mean, why else do people organize into threatening mobs while carrying actual torches? In the year 2017 no less.
Just because something looks the same, doesn't mean it is the same.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Ferno wrote:
Tunnelcat wrote: Picky, picky. Maybe they were instead out to burn Frankenstein. I mean, why else do people organize into threatening mobs while carrying actual torches? In the year 2017 no less.
In the American South, subtext and subtle messaging is everything for getting a point across. Carrying torches is a big fat subtle message from days long past. If it wasn't, they would have been more modern and instead used their phones as lights, like most people. I'm also not the only one who took note of the use of torches.

https://www.romper.com/p/why-were-there ... racy-57734
Charlottesville Mayor Mike Singer wrote:This event involving torches at night in Lee Park is either profoundly ignorant or was designed to instill fear in our minority populations in a way that hearkens back to the days of the KKK. Either way, as mayor of this city, I want everyone to know this: we reject this intimidation. We are a welcoming city, but such intolerance is not welcome here.
Apparently, white people can get away with carrying torches, but definitely not black people.

https://wearyourvoicemag.com/identities ... elding-mob
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

Yeah, a mob of white people carrying torches in the South has a single very obvious connotation.
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

It's Miller time?
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

Sure, let's go with that.
Ferno

Post by Ferno »

Tunnelcat wrote:
Ferno wrote:
In the American South, subtext and subtle messaging is everything for getting a point across. Carrying torches is a big fat subtle message from days long past. If it wasn't, they would have been more modern and instead used their phones as lights, like most people. I'm also not the only one who took note of the use of torches.

https://www.romper.com/p/why-were-there ... racy-57734
Charlottesville Mayor Mike Singer wrote:This event involving torches at night in Lee Park is either profoundly ignorant or was designed to instill fear in our minority populations in a way that hearkens back to the days of the KKK. Either way, as mayor of this city, I want everyone to know this: we reject this intimidation. We are a welcoming city, but such intolerance is not welcome here.
Apparently, white people can get away with carrying torches, but definitely not black people.

https://wearyourvoicemag.com/identities ... elding-mob

Let me know how driving a white van means I'm going to blow up a building.

Come on TC, pushing the narrative they're the same because of ONE similarity is just intellectually dishonest.
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

This is not "one similarity." This is an incredibly powerful racially-charged image from living memory. And you can sure as ★■◆● bet that the people who participated in this rally knew exactly what the hell they were doing. It's the exact equivalent of pulling a single-arm-raised salute and pretending it doesn't have any significance.
Ferno

Post by Ferno »

So if I were to get my mates together, get some tiki torches and walk to anywhere with them lit, it's suddenly a racist demonstration?

★■◆●, if that's the bar for evidence, everyone would be guilty of everything. People owning white vans would be arrested for terrorism. Anyone who owned a gun would be charged with murder. Anyone who goes for a hike would be marginalized as a survivalist. Anyone who takes a photo of public spaces would be charged with child porn possession. Anyone who has a kid in their car would be charged with child abduction.

It's all about intent and body of evidence .
And you can sure as ★■◆● bet
No I can't because there isn't enough evidence to prove that. And neither can you.

Remember Pepe the frog? Was that intentionally racist when it came out? No. It wasn't. It was a) co-opted by a nationalist group and b) used in their messages over and over again. Just like the 'Hitler salute' you were talking about. It was also co-opted by a nationalist group. It's actually a Roman salute, and until it was made compulsory by fascist italy, it was rather neutral

So saying torches in a group is racist is like saying Pepe the frog is racist.

Nightshade
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Nightshade »

So I guess Slick and a number of other people here don't know the difference between the names "Richard" and "Robert"
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

Ferno wrote:So if I were to get my mates together, get some tiki torches and walk to anywhere with them lit, it's suddenly a racist demonstration?
If you and your mates gathered together around a statue of a Confederate general with the intent to keep it on public display, all while shouting white supremacist slogans, then ★■◆●ing right it would be a racist demonstration. I'm going to put this bluntly: you're not from the US, and you're apparently woefully ignorant of at least one prominent aspect of 19th and 20th-century American history. This is a very deliberate optic designed to recall an entire string of affronts against African-American southerners. Arguing against that is like trying to argue that draping a noose in a tree outside a predominantly-black school is just an innocent bit of trolling. Sometimes a cigar is not just a cigar.