just got back from Mohegan Sun......

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

just got back from Mohegan Sun......

Post by callmeslick »

a few fine days of gambling, drinking, laughing and talking with old pals up in Connecticut. However, had I realized that nuclear annihilation were imminent, I would have gotten the Filet Mignon/Lobster combo at Michael Jordan's one night, and probably had a few more drinks. Anyone else having nagging regrets as we watch two madmen have a dick waving contest with nukes involved?
"The Party told you to reject all evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."
George Orwell---"1984"
Nightshade
DBB Master
DBB Master

Re: just got back from Mohegan Sun......

Post by Nightshade »

callmeslick wrote:a few fine days of gambling, drinking, laughing and talking with old pals up in Connecticut. However, had I realized that nuclear annihilation were imminent, I would have gotten the Filet Mignon/Lobster combo at Michael Jordan's one night, and probably had a few more drinks. Anyone else having nagging regrets as we watch two madmen have a dick waving contest with nukes involved?
More like bluff waving contest. Nothing will happen.
"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun" - Mao Zedong
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Re: just got back from Mohegan Sun......

Post by Tunnelcat »

Japan is taking all this bombastic rhetoric very seriously. Of course, they're closer. :wink:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-08-09/n ... ds/8788194

Considering that we have 2 megalomaniac paranoid leaders with thin skins and delusions of national superiority, exacerbated by both of them having pencil dick syndrome, currently each going at other in a very public verbal saber rattling, I'd say it won't take much for one of these nitwit morons to push the button because he thinks he can win. Trump has even said that nukes would not be taken off the table if he were president. Cripes, fat boy Kim Jong Un would rather let his own people starve instead of cutting back on his military spending. All it takes is the launch of ONE nuke and we're ALL screwed. Nobody wins.

Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.