Info Wars Alex Jones banned.

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

TigerRaptor
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Info Wars Alex Jones banned.

Post by TigerRaptor »

Info Wars got nuked on YouTube, Facebook and Apple. Just like that, poof!

He's probably yelling up storm somewhere blaming the Illuminate is behind this.

Vander
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Re: Info Wars Alex Jones banned.

Post by Vander »

Google and Facebook and the Liberal Elites can't take away my Fluoride-free toothpaste.
Ferno
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug

Post by Ferno »

Thank ★■◆●ing christ.

This scumbag has been bawling on twitter, telling his listeners 'buy my crap!' to somehow fight censorship... or some such bull★■◆●.

This load of pondscum accused school shooting victims of being crisis actors. I hope he impales himself on a stalagtite
Nightshade
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Nightshade »

Private companies can do whatever they like of course. They can ban or deplatform anyone they wish. They are not obligated by law to let anyone join or post things- and Alex Jones is (or rather the character that he claims he's really playing) is just utter junk in many cases.

That being said, it's rather chilling how a number of internet media and social media companies decided to drop an individual all at one time virtually overnight- and for very vague reasons in some cases.

I will say one thing though- whichever alternative platform Alex Jones decides to use instead will get a big boost from him using them.
"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun" - Mao Zedong
vision
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by vision »

Nightshade wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:01 pmI will say one thing though- whichever alternative platform Alex Jones decides to use instead will get a big boost from him using them.
The big boost actually goes to PewDiePie
TheWhat
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by TheWhat »

I’m sure you’ve seen this parody. It’s pretty funny. 🤪 Monopoly no good, mahn. You gots to watch em, mahn.
Vander
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Vander »

Funny. That the same group that did the Mike Tyson song?
Nightshade
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Nightshade »

Why ban Alex Jones when there is actual NAZI PROPAGANDA still on YouTube?

Like this-

Vander
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Vander »

I didn't watch it all. Is he like New Zealand Ben Shapiro or something?
TRUEpiiiicness
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by TRUEpiiiicness »

Nightshade wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:32 pm Why ban Alex Jones when there is actual NAZI PROPAGANDA still on YouTube?
Ban both
Currently working on Descent: The Countdown Level 22 (Ogep'rgs) (Geometry)
Descent: The Countdown
Normal levels done 21/27
Secret levels done 2/3
Next level to be done: Level 23 (IO Sulphur Refinery)
The grand collection (Only after Descent: The Countdown)
??? ?/?
??? ?/?
Note
Any levels I make are free to use (even redesign) and include in any mission set. Just pm me if you going to do so.

Descent levels be like
Ah yes
Enslaved squares
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

Lots of racist ★■◆● on youtube/facebook/etc, we know because TB is always finding it and posting it as if it is concrete fact. Maybe some day it will all get banned and all the racists will have to make their own "whitesupremicytube/fascistbook/etc" or something. Oh, but too bad for them since Trump and his stooge Ajit Pai hate net neutrality and rolled it back which allows all the ISPs to censor, ban and or block anything they don't agree with in the name of the ISPs free speech.

Also this raises an amusing bit about TBs avatar; The first amendment totally doesn't apply here and never did. For someone who is always playing the champion of free speech, he sure doesn't know a ★■◆●ing thing about how or where it actually applies. :P
Vander
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Vander »

Free Speech will probably be the ultimate reason the US collapses. Not because people will say disagreeable things. It's the growing interpretation that commercial entities are people engaging in speech in the course of doing business. That spending money is speech. It's basically an untenable situation if the top .01% in America have as much speech as the combined bottom 90% and actively pursue exploiting it. Citizens United and Janus are just recent examples of the deconstruction of opposing forces to the growing influence of concentrated wealth, and Free Speech is the battle ground. And these monied interests are very close to being able to change the constitution to further lock in these changes. In 2016 they got within a couple of state legislatures of being able to call an Article V convention.

So yeah, Jones is a detestable grifter, and Youtube should probably have the ability to remove him from their platform. But he's ultimately chump change in a realistic debate on Free Speech.
Ferno

Post by Ferno »

Nightshade wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:32 pm Why ban Alex Jones when there is actual NAZI PROPAGANDA still on YouTube?

Like this-

Whataboutism.

Thank you for your service.
Nightshade
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Nightshade »

Vander wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:45 pm I didn't watch it all. Is he like New Zealand Ben Shapiro or something?
Yes, because Shapiro is a Jewish nazi. :roll:
Nightshade
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Nightshade »

Krom wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:09 am Also this raises an amusing bit about TBs avatar; The first amendment totally doesn't apply here and never did. For someone who is always playing the champion of free speech, he sure doesn't know a ★■◆●ing thing about how or where it actually applies. :P
Oh really? Did I not state that private companies or entities can do what they like with their platforms? They can deplatform any user they wish for any reason and well within their rights to. (There are exceptions with civil remedies where contractual obligations are involved of course, but that has nothing to do with the 1st Amendment.)

The mods here could delete my account at any time and effectively silence me and NOT violate the first amendment in doing so.

Free speech is dangerous - but it's dangerous for all the right reasons and dangerous to all the correct people- like dictators and tyrants. Tyranny cannot survive free speech- but a democracy can handle it and perhaps thrive upon it.
Vander
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Vander »

Nightshade wrote:Yes, because Shapiro is a Jewish nazi. :roll:
Well, like I said, I didn't watch it all. I made it through his little parable and moved on shortly after he started ranting about some dehumanized population. So yeah, reminded me of Shapiro.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Nightshade wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:01 pm That being said, it's rather chilling how a number of internet media and social media companies decided to drop an individual all at one time virtually overnight- and for very vague reasons in some cases.

I will say one thing though- whichever alternative platform Alex Jones decides to use instead will get a big boost from him using them.
Vague you say? What lens are you looking through? He was nuttier than a fruitcake and the way he spread his "disinformation" amounted to an extreme case of explosive diarrhea. He was the Typhoid Mary of the internet propagandists. He needed to locked away from everyone purely for public safety reasons. But like you said, he'll probably be back to poison the waters, just like the effluent from an overflowing sludge pond.

https://www.mediamatters.org/blog/2016/ ... set/214668
Krom wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:09 am Lots of racist ★■◆● on youtube/facebook/etc, we know because TB is always finding it and posting it as if it is concrete fact. Maybe some day it will all get banned and all the racists will have to make their own "whitesupremicytube/fascistbook/etc" or something. Oh, but too bad for them since Trump and his stooge Ajit Pai hate net neutrality and rolled it back which allows all the ISPs to censor, ban and or block anything they don't agree with in the name of the ISPs free speech.

Also this raises an amusing bit about TBs avatar; The first amendment totally doesn't apply here and never did. For someone who is always playing the champion of free speech, he sure doesn't know a ★■◆●ing thing about how or where it actually applies. :P
It looks like the pro net neutrality side of the argument had a lot of fake people, namely bots, shilling their fake opinions in order to influence things. But somehow, I think Ajit Pai already had his mind made up. :wink:

https://hackernoon.com/more-than-a-mill ... f0e3ed36a6
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
Burlyman
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Burlyman »

Alex Jones is controlled opposition
--Neo, the fourth greatest pilot in the universe
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Burlyman wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:30 am Alex Jones is controlled opposition
You say that about the man who brought us one of the biggest political fabrications in election history, Pizzagate. Hoo boy. I guess I know where you get your "news" from. :roll:
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
Nightshade
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Nightshade »

Whatever you think of Alex Jones, his Orwellian "unpersoning" should give you pause.

If it can happen to him, it can happen to YOU.
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

I don't engage in libelous abusive behavior on someone else's platform, violating their TOS to he'll and back, so no it won't.
Burlyman
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Burlyman »

News flash: there are people who don't violate their policies but are falsely targeted because their viewpoint goes against the mainstream lies. Not saying Alex Jones was or wasn't one of them. YouTube isn't unbiased. Don't be naive.
Tunnelcat wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:42 pm
Burlyman wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:30 am Alex Jones is controlled opposition
You say that about the man who brought us one of the biggest political fabrications in election history, Pizzagate. Hoo boy. I guess I know where you get your "news" from. :roll:
Foolish human. :P One of the biggest fabrications was the official 9/11 narrative, but I bet you still think that was orchestrated by a cave man and box-cutter-wielding Muslims, don't you? 9_9
Ferno

Post by Ferno »

Burlyman
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Burlyman »

lol shut up, Ferno.

Honestly though I'm surprised Alex Jones didn't get banned sooner
Ferno

Post by Ferno »

vision
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by vision »

Burlyman
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Burlyman »

Lame.

Never liked you anyway.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Well, I guess we now know where Burlyman samples his news from and it ain't from the the TV news or the local newspaper. It's probably more like the grocery store checkout line where all the gossip rags are put on display and nutty paranoid fearmongers like Alex Jones who troll the web looking for suckers.
Burlyman
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Burlyman »

Yes because everyone knows people who write newspapers and make TV shows care SO MUCH about informing people. That scumbag Thomas Jefferson is rolling in his grave. :lol: Why would you think I trust alex jones after what I just said?
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

I bet you would have said that about the Washington Post when they revealed that Nixon was doing some illegal activity, criminal activity that eventually proved true thanks to Nixon's own recordings.
Ferno

Post by Ferno »

Whenever neo says something, just write "thank you for your service".
Burlyman
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Burlyman »

foolish mortal