GOT done, what next?

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

GOT done, what next?

Post by woodchip »

With the end of GOT, what books would you recommend for a new TV series. There are 2 that I would like to see made. One is Steven Erickson's " The Malazan Book of the Dead" series which I view as a direct contender of the George R.R. Martin series. Second one would be David Weber's "The Honor Harrington" series. More a space opera but more than filled with interesting characters and of course epic space battles. Your choices?
Liberal speak: "Convenience for you means control for him, free and the price is astronomical, you're the product for sale". Neil Oliver

Leftist are Evil, and Liberals keep voting for them. Dennis Prager
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Re: GOT done, what next?

Post by Tunnelcat »

This may sound crazy, but I'd like to see a TV series based on the game of Descent. It could be something fantastic if done the right way. I mean, they already made a full length movie based on the Wing Commander game. Unfortunately, it wasn't the most stellar production they couldv'e come up with. :roll:
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
Hunter
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Hunter »

The Expanse. Well, we're still working on it... So it's a worthy mention.
Flatlander
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Flatlander »

Hunter wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 4:40 am The Expanse. Well, we're still working on it... So it's a worthy mention.
Pretty much this. Also, Amazon Prime Video has acquired the rights to Consider Phlebas by Ian M. Banks
si vis pacem, para bellum
LightWolf
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by LightWolf »

Tunnelcat wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 10:23 pm This may sound crazy, but I'd like to see a TV series based on the game of Descent.
I think this would be interesting. What I've thought of would probably be a little more Descent 3-esque (though the MD would probably work for PTMC for at least a couple seasons before Red Acropolis got involved).
Whatever I just said, I hope you understood it correctly. Understood what I meant, I mean.
#AllLivesMatter
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

Peter Telep's novelizations did a decent job of fleshing a backstory out of things, as far as game adaptations go.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

I mean, it's ready made. Alien had the evil corporation Weyland Yutani and Descent had the PTMC, both companies using their people as cannon fodder for their own twisted machinations. Who doesn't love some hero fighting the odds in far out places. Those Alien movies were hugely successful. With CG nowadays, a good story line, coherent script and good actors, it would make a great movie.
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
Flatlander
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Flatlander »

I think Interplay was trying to sell off movie rights to some of their games way back when, including Descent and Redneck Rampage.
si vis pacem, para bellum
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

I wonder what happened to all that?