People wasting money on games. 60k and more

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

TigerRaptor
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

People wasting money on games. 60k and more

Post by TigerRaptor »

only to regret it. I know this isn't the only game out there like that. But dang IGG is sitting on one fat cash cow.

TRUEpiiiicness
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Re: People wasting money on games. 60k and more

Post by TRUEpiiiicness »

He even says its enough to buy a house. So why didn't he save it in case he needs to buy... you know, a house?
What an idiot.
Currently working on Descent: The Countdown Level 22 (Ogep'rgs) (Geometry)
Descent: The Countdown
Normal levels done 21/27
Secret levels done 2/3
Next level to be done: Level 23 (IO Sulphur Refinery)
The grand collection (Only after Descent: The Countdown)
??? ?/?
??? ?/?
Note
Any levels I make are free to use (even redesign) and include in any mission set. Just pm me if you going to do so.

Descent levels be like
Ah yes
Enslaved squares
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

This guy has a real and serious addiction problem that he should seek professional help for.

But lets also check something else out:
Open up steam on your computer.
Click on Help ---> Steam Support.
Click on "My Account".
Click on "Data Related to Your Steam Account".
Click on "External Funds Used".
This is the total amount of money you have spent on steam since opening your account (excluding retail games/keys). Mine is currently $2118 which makes it the single most expensive part of my computer by a significant margin, although it did take over 14 years to reach that point... :P
TRUEpiiiicness
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by TRUEpiiiicness »

After using this information I realised I haven't spent much on my steam account. I don't know how much this is in pounds but it is currently $95.73.
Pretty much all on buying games like factorio, junk jack, and terraria and of course d1/d2.

Pretty sure I won't get to 60k though. :lol:
Currently working on Descent: The Countdown Level 22 (Ogep'rgs) (Geometry)
Descent: The Countdown
Normal levels done 21/27
Secret levels done 2/3
Next level to be done: Level 23 (IO Sulphur Refinery)
The grand collection (Only after Descent: The Countdown)
??? ?/?
??? ?/?
Note
Any levels I make are free to use (even redesign) and include in any mission set. Just pm me if you going to do so.

Descent levels be like
Ah yes
Enslaved squares
CDN_Merlin
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Post by CDN_Merlin »

$273 Canadian Not bad.
Corsair Vengeance 64GB 2x32 6000 DDR5, Asus PRIME B760-PLUS S1700 ATX, Corsair RM1000x 1000 Watt PS 80 Plus Gold,WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe M.2 SSD, WD Blue SN580 1TB M.2 NVMe SSD, Noctua NH-D15S Universal CPU Cooler, Intel Core i7-14700K 5.6GHz, Corsair 5000D AIRFLOW Tempered Glass Mid-Tower ATX, Asus GF RTX 4070 Ti Super ProArt OC 16GB Video, WD Black 6TB 7200RPM 256MB 3.5" SATA3, Windows 11
Jeff250
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Jeff250 »

Wow, only 63.73 USD. I think most of my purchases have been external (Humble Bundles, Kickstarters, etc.). Also, I run Linux, so I have a fraction of the temptation available as to what most of you have. ;)
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

A bit over $1400. Welp. :P
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

I've got to check mine, but I've probably spent a fortune over the years. The money sink is even bigger if you include games on other clients like Origin, Ubisoft and Rockstar Games. Then you've any got older games bought long before these clients came out, like Descent, Doom and Quake and you know most of us have owned those. I've already got a fortune invested in MS Flight SimX alone, especially if you include ALL the add-ons. That doesn't include what I've got invested in the earlier versions as well. In fact, my very first video game was "Chuck Yeager's Flight Simulator", all in it's gloriously limited color palette of green, pink, white and black. Back then, I thought it was the best thing since sliced bread when it came out. Plus I got it for free because the Egghead Software Store somehow never charged my credit card.

But don't stop there. How much have any of you invested in computer hardware,controllers and peripherals? With today's high end gaming systems, that number is enough to put a big dent in most people's bank accounts. I think I've counted up at least 12 different PC's I've purchased and owned over the years since the 1980's and I may even have forgotten a couple along the way. I just recycled my old Dell Windows XP system that had been sitting in it's box in the basement for years.The most recent ones I've owned had even more money thrown at them in upgrades. If I were to go back and add that all up, the number would probably shock me, especially on something that has a life expectancy less than that of a typical car.
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
Pumo
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Pumo »

I've spent a total of $424 USD on Steam (since 2011 and up to today).
But I agree with Tunnelcat, most of the money goes to computer hardware updates and stuff.
[Pumo software main website] - Pumo Mines current release: v1.1 (12 Levels) -- [Official R.a.M. Land's website] (You can find my music here)
TigerRaptor
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by TigerRaptor »

I've spent my far of money on games and hardware over the years. However spending that kind of money on one game in that period of time is insane. The money that player has spent on is a drop in the bucket compared to others. Many have spent hundreds of thousands in Lords Mobile alone. I played the game myself for about a month as a F2P. One player who was in the same guild as me spent 200 dollars just that. He wanted to strengthen his forces so he could attack a much stronger player. Something about taking revenge because his buddy got attacked. Well it work, until others teleported in and zeroed him just like that.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Eeeeek! Just looked in my Steam info. $991 and some change over the years since Half Life 2 came out in 2004. That doesn't include Ubisoft and every Far Cry game they've made that I've bought, nor 3 of the Grand Theft Auto titles, nor all the Descent titles either. I just blew a wad on terrain mesh and Megascenery for FSX too and I hear that MS is coming out with a new Flight Simulator next year. Oh well. But none of that comes close to what I've spent on hardware. Gads, what an expensive hobby.
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
Descer
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Descer »

67€
It's just a game. Face it.
HaAGen DaZS
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by HaAGen DaZS »

Kinda eclipses the outrageous amount for Mercenary, heh.
Ferno
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug

Post by Ferno »

I've spent $1,015.93 over the span of 11 years. Works out to 92 dollars a year.

I've spent a lot more on toilet paper.
Valin Halcyon
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Valin Halcyon »

Since Steam launched; $1,214.45.

I'm not going to fret over it either, that's over 15 years of games at about $80/yr. That comes to just 1 or 2 new full price games a year. It's cool.