Door Attributes

For Descent, Descent II and Descent3 level editing and modification assistance.
TSXMike
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Door Attributes

Post by TSXMike »

Is there a way to prevent the reactor shot from opening a door? Locked and buddyproof still doesn't cut it. I have a level where the reactor is behind a door, and I don't want the reactor to open the door. I have a work-around in place (a wall that closes that player doesn't see preventing, but I have to split cubes to add more triggers and walls to do this). So before I do a work-around, is there a way to stop the reactor shot from opening a door? Thanks...
TSXMike
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Re: Door Attributes

Post by TSXMike »

I just found that the "Ignore Marker" attribute works for this. The name isn't obvious, but it seems to work.
TRUEpiiiicness
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by TRUEpiiiicness »

I thought that no shots from anything but the player could open doors. Like in D1 lvl21 the reactor is behind doors but it doesn't open them when shooting from behind them.
Currently working on Descent: The Countdown Level 22 (Ogep'rgs) (Geometry)
Descent: The Countdown
Normal levels done 21/27
Secret levels done 2/3
Next level to be done: Level 23 (IO Sulphur Refinery)
The grand collection (Only after Descent: The Countdown)
??? ?/?
??? ?/?
Note
Any levels I make are free to use (even redesign) and include in any mission set. Just pm me if you going to do so.

Descent levels be like
Ah yes
Enslaved squares
TSXMike
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by TSXMike »

It could be that there is a matcen close to it spawning diamonds, but I don't see why that would do it either. In fact, I didn't think that was it. But you're right, I've never seen a robot/reactor shot open a door. Perhaps only the reactor does? But that's not consistent with what you said about level1. Perhaps its because the door in level1 is red whereas mine aren't.
TSXMike
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by TSXMike »

So, how do you stop bots on snipe from opening doors? Is there even a way?

Also, can someone explain the door attributes? I know the obvious ones like open, locked, auto, and blasted.

But what are switched, additive, illusion off, and ignore marker?

I'm guessing buddy-proof means guide bot cannot open it..?
Alter-Fox
The Feline Menace

Post by Alter-Fox »

You're right on the buddy-proof... I'm not sure about the rest. Never seen them used -- they might just be features that never made it into the game?
Ship's cat, MPSV Iberia: beware of cat.
Beware my original music, at http://soundcloud.com/snowfoxden.
Parabolicus
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Parabolicus »

TSXMike wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:03 am So, how do you stop bots on snipe from opening doors? Is there even a way?

Also, can someone explain the door attributes? I know the obvious ones like open, locked, auto, and blasted.

But what are switched, additive, illusion off, and ignore marker?

I'm guessing buddy-proof means guide bot cannot open it..?
Here are the wall property descriptions from the help pages of the upcoming DLE.NET, written by yours truly (so not necessarily correct):
  • Blasted: Signifies if the Blastable wall has already been destroyed. Should not be used; it is better to add an Illusion wall instead with the correct "destroyed" texture.
  • Door open: Signifies if the door is open. If used, the texture should be set up correctly, but it is generally not recommended to use this flag.
  • Door locked: Whether the door is locked. Locked doors can only opened by triggers; players or robots cannot open them. It is possible to make doors locked from only one side.
  • Door auto: Whether the door closes automatically after being open for some time. Should be used with most doors, except those that are designed to stay open once opened (usually via trigger).
  • Illusion off: Whether the illusion is invisible.
  • Switch: Unused, has no effect. Originally intended to be used for walls that are targeted by triggers, but it is unclear what the purpose would have been. Leave unchecked.
  • Buddy proof: Prevents the Guide-Bot from opening the door, if the wall is a door, or seeing through a closed wall or illusion (unless the illusion is off).
  • Additive: (XL only) uses additive blending for this wall if it is a Colored or Cloaked wall.
  • Ignore marker: (XL only) makes a door close even if a marker is in the way.
  • Fly through: (XL only) makes a Colored/Cloaked wall flyable through.
Descer
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Descer »

1 more thing 'bout Buddy Proof: at least in Vanilla, it also prevents Guide for regognicin' a key, etc.
It's just a game. Face it.