"Throw out the ballots"

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

"Throw out the ballots"

Post by Tunnelcat »

Welp, we're now seeing how far our Fascist Dictator Trump will go just to stay in power. I mean, he's showing us his open playbook and making no bones about it he's so confident in what he's doing. He's even got his lapdog AG Barr at his side in all this. I'm quite sure Trump's thralls will happily join in, suckers. Their actions are pretty much destroying the last vestiges of our very democracy, most has which been already been trashed during the last 4 years under Trump's fucked up reign, including the 200,000 plus who have died because of his screwed up Covid-19 response. If this nasty scenario were to actually come to pass, Trump staying in office after negating the results of the election by claiming he can throw out all mail in ballots, I'm quite sure a full scale Constitutional crisis and National Civil War will ensue. I can guarantee you that liberals, true Americans and perhaps the last remaining conscientious Republicans everywhere will not take this bull★■◆● sitting down. If Trump loses the election, he leaves as required by the Constitution, or else SOMETHING-WILL-GIVE.

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/ar ... de/616424/

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/24/opin ... -2020.html
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Re: "Throw out the ballots"

Post by Tunnelcat »

Something scary of note, there is now a serious shortage of most types of ammunition. What you CAN find is very overpriced and limited in amount. The shelves in most sports and gun stores are bare. I'm willing to bet that it's mostly Trump thralls who are stocking up, ready to defend their Orange Leader come November, win or lose. They also want to defend against any perceived threats from those 'Merica hating BLM protestors, whether they're in the streets being peaceful of not.
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Meanwhile, voter suppression by conservatives ramps up, sometimes blatantly so or worse, even diving into illegal territory with false information robocalls to predominantly black neighborhoods. If Republicans can't win on their platform, they need to lose elections for a long time.

https://www.clickondetroit.com/news/pol ... robocalls/

https://www.usnews.com/news/politics/ar ... -locations
CDN_Merlin
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Post by CDN_Merlin »

He now has COVID. He may no live :D
Corsair Vengeance 64GB 2x32 6000 DDR5, Asus PRIME B760-PLUS S1700 ATX, Corsair RM1000x 1000 Watt PS 80 Plus Gold,WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe M.2 SSD, WD Blue SN580 1TB M.2 NVMe SSD, Noctua NH-D15S Universal CPU Cooler, Intel Core i7-14700K 5.6GHz, Corsair 5000D AIRFLOW Tempered Glass Mid-Tower ATX, Asus GF RTX 4070 Ti Super ProArt OC 16GB Video, WD Black 6TB 7200RPM 256MB 3.5" SATA3, Windows 11
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

Well that is one way to get out of doing more "debates".
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

As much as I would shed no tears for that orange bastard if he died, a more satisfying outcome for this serial Covid denier would for him to become a "long hauler". Then maybe he'd respect the suffering that thousands of Americans have already had to deal with at the hands of his ineptitude and outright denial of this whole pandemic.
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

Tunnelcat wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:45 am As much as I would shed no tears for that orange bastard if he died, a more satisfying outcome for this serial Covid denier would for him to become a "long hauler". Then maybe he'd respect the suffering that thousands of Americans have already had to deal with at the hands of his ineptitude and outright denial of this whole pandemic.
Couldn't agree more. Covid killing him wouldn't do the country any favors and only risks conservatives getting someone with policies just as bad but more competent and able to get them implemented.
vision
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by vision »

Krom wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:24 amCovid killing him wouldn't do the country any favors...
I said the same thing to my friend this morning. Death by Covid-19 would be a kind of biblical justice, but what this country needs is legal justice. I want him to die behind bars.
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master

Post by Krom »

And today it was announced that republican senator Ron Johnson of Wisconsin tested positive for corona too, must have caught it from always having his head up Trumps ass. If he ends up with bad symptoms I hope they don't give him oxygen because he has wasted enough of it already.
Vander
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Vander »

vision wrote:what this country needs is legal justice. I want him to die behind bars.
This is, unfortunately, the only reason I would feel bad if Trump died from covid. But since holding him accountable is unlikely, I'll take what I can get.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Tunnelcat wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:51 pm Welp, we're now seeing how far our Fascist Dictator Trump will go just to stay in power. I mean, he's showing us his open playbook and making no bones about it he's so confident in what he's doing. He's even got his lapdog AG Barr at his side in all this. I'm quite sure Trump's thralls will happily join in, suckers. Their actions are pretty much destroying the last vestiges of our very democracy, most has which been already been trashed during the last 4 years under Trump's fucked up reign, including the 200,000 plus who have died because of his screwed up Covid-19 response. If this nasty scenario were to actually come to pass, Trump staying in office after negating the results of the election by claiming he can throw out all mail in ballots, I'm quite sure a full scale Constitutional crisis and National Civil War will ensue. I can guarantee you that liberals, true Americans and perhaps the last remaining conscientious Republicans everywhere will not take this bull★■◆● sitting down. If Trump loses the election, he leaves as required by the Constitution, or else SOMETHING-WILL-GIVE.

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/ar ... de/616424/

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/24/opin ... -2020.html
Seems you once again are off the mark:

Lehigh County District Attorney Jim Martin on Monday announced charges against an elections judge in Allentown’s 3rd Ward who was accused of tampering with ballots during the Democratic primary race for state representative between Enid Santiago and Peter Schweyer.
Everett “Erika” Bickford was charged with two election code violations: insertion and alteration of entries in documents, and prying into ballots, both misdemeanors.
The City of Farmington has issued an alert about possible voter fraud and/or ballot tampering.

According to a social media post by city officials, “there is a group of activists going door to door in our neighborhoods offering to submit your ballots for you,” which is not legitimate.
While the Democrats continue to stick to their narrative that incidents of ballot harvesting and rampant voter fraud are just a bogeyman conjured up by Republicans to disenfranchise people (or something), more evidence continues to prove just how wrong they are. In Texas, four people have been arrested in a ballot harvesting scheme, including a Gregg County commissioner.
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/elliebufk ... e-n2576875
Still think ballot tampering is a figment of Trumps imagination? The question is, if I can find more, how many are not discovered and why do the dems seem to be the ones doing it?
Liberal speak: "Convenience for you means control for him, free and the price is astronomical, you're the product for sale". Neil Oliver

Leftist are Evil, and Liberals keep voting for them. Dennis Prager
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Tunnelcat wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:48 pm Something scary of note, there is now a serious shortage of most types of ammunition. What you CAN find is very overpriced and limited in amount. The shelves in most sports and gun stores are bare. I'm willing to bet that it's mostly Trump thralls who are stocking up, ready to defend their Orange Leader come November, win or lose. They also want to defend against any perceived threats from those 'Merica hating BLM protestors, whether they're in the streets being peaceful of not.
Well I can see why you are concerned about ammo as you are only a 100 miles from Portland and you have a pantywaist Gov living in fear of BLM (and maybe he should:
Hardly a hidden secret, but useful with wilful idiots, BLM co-founder says she and her partner are trained organisers and Marxists. pic.twitter.com/JmHbtTsr4w
And you don't think libs aren't buying up ammo? Problem with people like you is you are late realizing firearms and ammo may be something you need for protection.
Liberal speak: "Convenience for you means control for him, free and the price is astronomical, you're the product for sale". Neil Oliver

woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

CDN_Merlin wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:05 am He now has COVID. He may no live :D
So you find the death of a person is amusing? Do you know how truly sick you sound?

Vander
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Vander »

I'm glad to see you weren't part of the plot to kidnap the governor.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Vander wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 2:01 pm I'm glad to see you weren't part of the plot to kidnap the governor.
Some sadly incompetents those. No I don't condone their actions, no more than I hope you condone BLM burning and loot black owned businesses.

Ferno
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug

Post by Ferno »

woodchip wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 9:17 am
So you find the death of a person is amusing? Do you know how truly sick you sound?

I think the first step you need to take is denouncing the violence directed towards protestors, especially those being run over, before you give anyone ★■◆●.

But I can imagine it being tough for you to do, seeing as you called them 'fascist'.
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master

Post by Krom »

Ferno wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 3:34 pm I think the first step you need to take is denouncing the violence directed towards protestors, especially those being run over, before you give anyone ★■◆●.
You need to put on your conservative viewpoint glasses: they aren't "protestors" they are "dangerous looting murdering rioting terrorists" bent on inflicting the unspeakable horrors of face masks and social distancing on everyone.
Vander
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Vander »

woodchip wrote:no more than I hope you condone BLM burning and loot black owned businesses.
I only condone BLM burning and looting white owned businesses. ;)
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Woodchip, I'm quite sure you can dig up a few instances of voter fraud, at the hand both parties too. But the fact of the matter is, it is rare enough to be negligible in any national election. But Republicans are currently the ones making it harder to vote, hoping that by making it hard to vote, voter disillusionment will drive down voter participation with minority and poor voters, voters who typically are Democratic.

https://publicintegrity.org/politics/el ... ules-vote/

Interfering with voter rights seems to be a big Republican thing right now, especially since the Voting Rights Act was struck down in 2013.

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/nation ... 34340.html

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics ... oting-2016

But according to His Orange Majesty Trump, voter fraud is an epidemic, so much so that he won't trust our election results and will refuse to step down if he loses. You will also notice that the frequency of Trump's voter fraud rants are inversely proportional to his dropping popularity in the polls. He's starting to freak out because he is LOSING.

https://www.factcheck.org/2020/04/trump ... formation/
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

woodchip wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 9:07 am
Tunnelcat wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:48 pm Something scary of note, there is now a serious shortage of most types of ammunition. What you CAN find is very overpriced and limited in amount. The shelves in most sports and gun stores are bare. I'm willing to bet that it's mostly Trump thralls who are stocking up, ready to defend their Orange Leader come November, win or lose. They also want to defend against any perceived threats from those 'Merica hating BLM protestors, whether they're in the streets being peaceful of not.
Well I can see why you are concerned about ammo as you are only a 100 miles from Portland and you have a pantywaist Gov living in fear of BLM (and maybe he should:
Hardly a hidden secret, but useful with wilful idiots, BLM co-founder says she and her partner are trained organisers and Marxists. pic.twitter.com/JmHbtTsr4w
And you don't think libs aren't buying up ammo? Problem with people like you is you are late realizing firearms and ammo may be something you need for protection.
It's not the BLM movement that worries me, it's the right wing idiots who scare me because they're armed and willing to use force to get what they want. I can almost guarantee you that it's the patriot groups who are the ones buying up all the ammo and hoarding it because I as a lowly suburban lefty certainly can't buy any even if I wanted to go target shooting at the range just for fun. I mean, the whole country is pretty much wiped out of high powered ammo, especially rifle ammo. It's damned scary when you think about it because I can almost guarantee you all that ammo is not being bought for hunting season. I'm talking Helter Skelter land from the right, not the left.

As much as I don't like the bull★■◆● vandalism and rioting of the Portland Antifa group, and frankly, they're nothing but nutty anarchists who need to be slapped in jail and left to rot, the motivations of similar thinking right wing groups are far more dangerous to our country. And I mean by similar thinking to anarchists is that these right wing bozos don't like the government or law enforcement either, so weirdly, they're brothers in arms with the anarchists. But these white nationalist groups are willing to use force under the false mantle of patriotism to make their crazy ideals come true. Funny how political ideology and thinking tends to come full circle, even though these polar opposite groups hate one another. I say we put all the Antifa and Anarchists inside a giant coliseum with all the White Nationalist idiots like the Proud Boys and Boogaloos and let them duke it out until no one is left standing. That would go a long way to solving a lot of our country's problems in one fell swoop.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/09/us/m ... itmer.html

https://thehill.com/homenews/administra ... -this-year