Remember when...

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

Vander
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Remember when...

Post by Vander »

Remember when Obama, while leaving Marine One, saluted with a coffee cup in his hand?

Crazy.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Re: Remember when...

Post by Tunnelcat »

Yeah, I didn't hear anywhere near as much BS flying around when Melania got caught surreptitiously nudging The Donald's arm to get him put his hand over his black heart during the National Anthem. He kind of made a face at having to do it too, like it was a boring "I could give a ★■◆●" chore. Maybe he's never done it before in his life and now has to practice since he's president and flaps his gums at those he calls traitors who don't do it as a form of protest. :roll:

Then there's his Superbowl Party where everyone else was properly holding their hands over their hearts while he goofed off like a 2-year old mocking things, all while the Anthem was being played. And WHO was the biggest hypocrite asswipe griping about Kaepernick not standing or saluting during the National Anthem at NFL games? To think, his loyal thralls call HIM a patriot. :wink:

Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
Vander
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Vander »

Remember when the Obama's did a fist bump?

Wild.
Ferno
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug

Post by Ferno »

Remember when Obama wore a tan suit?

Crazy.
Vander
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Vander »

Remember when Obama chose to bail out the banks instead of homeowners?

Nuts.
TigerRaptor
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by TigerRaptor »

and who could forget dear Rat Boy?
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

Remember when elections were called in a single night? I sure don't!
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Remember when the Vatican complained that the new James Bond movie, "Dr. No", was too salacious and too promiscuous for public consumption and thus should be censored or removed from theaters?
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Remember when Mitch McConnell claimed that he'd make Obama a one term president.
Vander
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Vander »

Remember when Jenna Bush got caught with a beer?

Wow.
Vander
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Vander »

Remember when President Trump was named as "Individual-1" in a federal indictment, and described as the lead conspirator in a felony for which the only other non-cooperating conspirator pleaded guilty and served jail time? And the only reason "Individual-1" wasn't indicted is because some lawyer 45 years ago writing an opinion on whether or not a Vice President can be indicted decided yes, Vice Presidents can be indicted, but Presidents cannot?

Freaky.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Remember when Trump declared that getting 306 electoral votes was a landslide win for him, even though he lost the popular vote?
Vander
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Vander »

Remember when the CIA got caught spying on the Senate while they were investigating torture, and nobody was ever held accountable?

Cool.
MD-2389
Defender of the Night
Defender of the Night

Post by MD-2389 »

Remember when all we heard about for months was about how Bill Clinton got oral in the white house?
"One spelling mistake can destroy your life. A Husband sent this to his wife : "I'm having a wonderful time. Wish you were her." - @RobinWilliams
TheWhat
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by TheWhat »

Remember when Trump supporters breached the capital building and got away with it without being blown away? Real patriots I tell ya.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Remember when George W. Bush won by less votes than Trump lost by in this election and no leftists bothered to invade the Capital and trash things?
Ferno

Post by Ferno »

Rememeber when america almost turned from a democracy into a dictatorship? Wild.
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

Remember when a bunch of Trump supporters tried to run a Biden campaign bus off the road?
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Remember when the Republican Party stood for taking personal responsibility and standing for law and order?

https://lawandcrime.com/crazy/gop-lawma ... ol-attack/
Ferno

Post by Ferno »

So that was the plan. If the coup failed, they blame antifa.
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

Imagine being so ashamed of your own pathetic coup that you openly bragged about for weeks that you blame someone else.
LightWolf
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by LightWolf »

...widespread pro-Trump violence, including in D.C., was predicted but the only violence, not in D.C., was by total anarchists after a completely peaceful transition of power?
Whatever I just said, I hope you understood it correctly. Understood what I meant, I mean.
#AllLivesMatter
Ferno

Post by Ferno »

LightWolf wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:06 pm ...widespread pro-Trump violence, including in D.C., was predicted but the only violence, not in D.C., was by total anarchists after a completely peaceful transition of power?
Oh yeah, I remember that. I think I read that in "wild unbelievable tales" volume 37. Or was that Weekly World News. I can't remember.
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

LightWolf wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:06 pm ...widespread pro-Trump violence, including in D.C., was predicted but the only violence, not in D.C., was by total anarchists after a completely peaceful transition of power?
Yes, we all know MAGAts are actually complete ★■◆●ing pussies.
Vander
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Vander »

LightWolf wrote:...widespread pro-Trump violence, including in D.C., was predicted but the only violence, not in D.C., was by total anarchists after a completely peaceful transition of power?
The U.S. doesn't get to claim a peaceful transition of power this time. Sorry. On the bright side, though, we haven't had a fascist insurrection in over two weeks now! U! S! A! U! S! A!
MD-2389
Defender of the Night
Defender of the Night

Post by MD-2389 »

These fuckers were the subject of a few e-mails at work, urging us to tele-commute if possible (which I can't, because I'm a contractor). Gave me a laugh at work, because these idiots are all talk.
"One spelling mistake can destroy your life. A Husband sent this to his wife : "I'm having a wonderful time. Wish you were her." - @RobinWilliams
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Problem is, despite the fact that they may have been a bunch of clueless idiots being urged onward by their Fascist leader trying to stay in power, they were being driven by mob rule and anything was possible. I'm willing to bet if any of those bastards had gotten their hands on Pence, they would have done him bodily harm. I mean, they had no qualms beating up Capital Police Officers. I'm also willing to bet that if they'd gotten their hands on Pelosi or a more lefty congresswoman like Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, there would've been outright murder committed.
Jeff250
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Jeff250 »

Remember when Obama put Dijon mustard on a cheeseburger?
TigerRaptor
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by TigerRaptor »

Remember when the Three Stooges threw pies at George Bush Jr.
Burlyman
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Burlyman »

Tunnelcat wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 6:56 pm Remember when the Vatican complained that the new James Bond movie, "Dr. No", was too salacious and too promiscuous for public consumption and thus should be censored or removed from theaters?
They don't care. They're the modern-day Pharisees. :)
--Neo, the fourth greatest pilot in the universe
Jeff250
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Jeff250 »

Republicans are the modern-day Pharisees. Whatever racket the Vatican has going on makes them look like wanna-be has-beens compared to Republicans and their organized manipulation of their constitutent's religious values in order to enrich their donors and themselves.
Vander
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Vander »

Remember when the Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia, who at the time was running a massive PR offensive which included placing propaganda pamphlets in most of the nations grocery store checkout aisles, ordered the assassination of a dissident/journalist who resided in the US and wrote for a major newspaper? And then the President at the time, who's son in law that Crown Prince boasted was "in his pocket," ran interference against any accountability for the assassination?

Remember when the next President came out with a new policy, named after the assassinated journalist and aimed at accountability for such acts, refused to apply that policy towards the Crown Prince?

True power, my friends, is to be living atop a dinosaur graveyard.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Oil and terrorism. We need that oh so precious oil and we need bases in the Middle East to fight terrorism. All other morals need not apply to any politician in any party before these 2 political rocks. Sad.
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

One of the nice side benefits of having an electric car that is made in America is that it actively reduces funding going towards those assholes.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Remember when we were supposed to learn from history's mistakes? Instead, the GOP is going to repeat them, in our own country. A bit of lost history I hadn't heard about showed up in today's Doonesbury comic strip, referencing an old NYT article in 1924. What's striking is that the same comments posted by GOP Senators about Trump learning his lesson after his first impeachment are almost repeated verbatim in that article nearly 98 years earlier. :roll:

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/nyt-1 ... by-prison/

https://nationalinterest.org/blog/reboo ... -ii-165414

https://www.gocomics.com/doonesbury