Random Earthshakings

D2X-XL - Descent II update for modern systems with many new features and enhanced graphics. Home Page

Moderators: Grendel, Aus-RED-5

Darth Wang
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Random Earthshakings

Post by Darth Wang »

Sometimes in a level, the mine will just randomly shake as if an Earthshaker missile detonated, but with no apparent source. I didn't fire one, and there were no bosses or other robots that could have fired one. Has this ever happened to anyone else?
Parabolicus
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Re: Random Earthshakings

Post by Parabolicus »

If you were playing an XL level (not a standard D1 or D2 one), XL lets you add "shake mine" triggers that shake the mine in much the same way earthshakers would.
Darth Wang
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Darth Wang »

Parabolicus wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 5:35 am If you were playing an XL level (not a standard D1 or D2 one), XL lets you add "shake mine" triggers that shake the mine in much the same way earthshakers would.
These don't seem to be triggered, they just happen randomly. And on all different kinds of levels too, including many I don't think were made specifically for XL.
Alter-Fox
The Feline Menace

Post by Alter-Fox »

I remember seeing a bug in version 1.0 of D2 where a specific type of bot (Lou guard) would very very occasionally shoot an earthshaker... which it obviously isn't supposed to be able to do.

Shouldn't be happening in any source port, though, because they are all built on the 1.2 source code, where I'm 99 percent sure this was already fixed.
Ship's cat, MPSV Iberia: beware of cat.
Beware my original music, at http://soundcloud.com/snowfoxden.