Drones

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Drones

Post by woodchip »

A while back I posted how I was getting into Ham radio. Got my Tech license and now studying for my General class license. Anyways I'm also looking to set up a antenna to get over the 40' high ridge just to the south of me (determined height from Google Pro). So while I got a horz. end fed dipole in the back yard, in my front yard I have a couple of 150-200 foot Cottonwoods. I was talking to my neighbor about how to get a line up that high and he suggested using his drone. I latched onto the idea as using a slingshot didn't seem to be workable, at least at the heights needed. I think Ferno at one time said he was into drones so any suggestion would be appreciated.
Shooting to put up a vertical wire antenna. Only drawback is the length of the coax I'll need to hook it to my transceiver. My other neighbor will also be a resource as he knows everything from A to Z about Ham radio and antenna's and is interested in helping out.
Liberal speak: "Convenience for you means control for him, free and the price is astronomical, you're the product for sale". Neil Oliver

Leftist are Evil, and Liberals keep voting for them. Dennis Prager
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Re: Drones

Post by Isaac »

Reminds me of this:

❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉
-⎽__⎽-⎻⎺⎺⎻-⎽__⎽--⎻⎺⎺⎻-★ ·:*¨༺꧁༺ :E ༻꧂༻¨*:·.★-⎽__⎽-⎻⎺⎺⎻-⎽__⎽--⎻⎺⎺⎻-
❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

With the help of my 2 neighbors, we got the drone to fly a #12 bank line up and over a upper tree limb. Next is to get the actual antenna wire up.
Liberal speak: "Convenience for you means control for him, free and the price is astronomical, you're the product for sale". Neil Oliver

woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Finally got the antenna set up and connected with Florida and Hawaii with it.