I hate moving

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

Avder
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

I hate moving

Post by Avder »

Well, yesterday I moved into a new dorm room. It took all day, even with a friends help, and now I'm tired as hell, and I cant get to sleep in my new bed. Also, its way too hot in here due to the lack of A/C. Bah. At least I wont have any stupid room mates this year.
snoopy
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by snoopy »

Hehe- I moved into an Apt. beginning of this summer- no more moving for me till I graduate! (May 2005) W00t- can't wait to get out of the south... they are starting to infect me.
Tricord
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Tricord »

Moving out is cool!
Wish I could :roll:
Testiculese
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Testiculese »

A few years ago I moved into the 3rd story of an apartment complex. Was not a fun move, seeing as I packed, moved, and unpacked everything on the 4th of July. Then I bought 6 machines, 3 monitors, two guitars and an amp, to suppliment the other 3 machines and 2 monitors.

Then I had to pack it all up again a year and a half later to move to my house. So now I had to drag 9 machines, 5 monitors, bedroom, living room (including two 60lb loudspeakers), kitchen..back down three floors (6 flights) of steps. I packed, moved, and unpacked everything, again in one day, on New Years Eve.

Both times, I couldn't walk properly for several days, having inflamed my ankles from the 75-odd trips up/down steps.
Avder
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Avder »

Yowch. Thats got to hurt.
DarkFlameWolf
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by DarkFlameWolf »

*hugs Testi*
I'm sowwy.
Testiculese wrote:A few years ago I moved into the 3rd story of an apartment complex. Was not a fun move, seeing as I packed, moved, and unpacked everything on the 4th of July. Then I bought 6 machines, 3 monitors, two guitars and an amp, to suppliment the other 3 machines and 2 monitors.

Then I had to pack it all up again a year and a half later to move to my house. So now I had to drag 9 machines, 5 monitors, bedroom, living room (including two 60lb loudspeakers), kitchen..back down three floors (6 flights) of steps. I packed, moved, and unpacked everything, again in one day, on New Years Eve.

Both times, I couldn't walk properly for several days, having inflamed my ankles from the 75-odd trips up/down steps.
Testiculese
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Testiculese »

Oh it was worth it, tho. And hugs to boot! :)
Arbitar
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Arbitar »

Betcha can't wait to move out :wink:
Sirius
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Sirius »

Damn man, you should have hired a couple porters or something... :)
Testiculese
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Testiculese »

I did get a friend to help, but I didn't put too much of a load on him. It is my stuff after all. Tho' it's funny how most of my 'friends' were suddenly unavailable that day. Hmm...

I'm not moving for quite some time. This house is the right size and a good location.
Palzon
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Palzon »

i'm looking forward to moving for the first time ever. found a 800 sq ft apartment with attached garage for $565/mo. i got an 18 month lease and the normal market price is $889/month. i move in next thursday.

brand new, all the bells and whistles. astonishing ammenities and onsite perks. in addition to the customary...

there is a pool table and foosball table in the rec room, an onsite subway, seattles best, a dentist, car wash, and dry cleaner. i hear they are adding an extreme pizza, a sitdown restaurant and a convenience store.

and the women there :o

it's going to be like living on the love boat.
Phantasmagirl
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Phantasmagirl »

Yeah, moving sucks. Try doing all that crap but having to drive 10 hours on top of it with a rental truck. That will be my reality in less than a week...
BUBBALOU
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by BUBBALOU »

Then you realize you left your wallet at the old location :lol:
AceCombat
Owned by Timex
Owned by Timex

Post by AceCombat »

who doesnt hate moving?

i know i do for sure.