Bored at Work...

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

Zuruck
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Bored at Work...

Post by Zuruck »

As you can see from the itemized posting in this forum, I'm bored as hell at work. What do you people do to pass the time? I don't get to use the DBB at home so I pound on it here at work. If the DBB goes down, which for some reason it does to me every afternoon, I play stupid internet games. I get paid pretty well too, kinda interesting.
Testiculese
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Testiculese »

All the women here are married or overweight, so there's not much point in going out of my way to talk to'em. So if I'm bored at work, I write code for myself, or sit in the farthest stall on the left and take a nap ;)
Topher
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Topher »

Ditto on the writing code. I actually started perusing the Internet a lot at one job to the point that I kept checking the same websites over and over. With my new found information addiction, I got a bit creative and created a info bar for my Active Desktop. It refreshes itself every 5 minutes, checks virus information, internet status, email, software versions, RSS feeds, etc. Very hot.

I am looking to improve it a bit though, so if anyone knows of any other nice information feeds/alert monitors or some cool HTML table styles please let me know.
Top Wop
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Wop »

What about that hand made clock? I thought that was bitchin'.
Fusion pimp
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Fusion pimp »

How about doing what you're paid to do.
Topher
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Topher »

Fusion pimp wrote:How about doing what you're paid to do.
Damn you conformists...
SSX-Thunderbird
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by SSX-Thunderbird »

Fusion pimp wrote:How about doing what you're paid to do.
But that would be boring :P.
Birdseye
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by Birdseye »

"How about doing what you're paid to do. "

Spoken like a true business owner ;)
Robo
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Robo »

Whistle.
Fusion pimp
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Fusion pimp »

Brian,
I suppose the business owner side is coming out, but my father taught me long ago to give 110% to whatever job you're doing. McDonalds? 110%.
If I have down time I'll find something to do beyond my job duties because I'm getting paid to *work*, not find ways to waste my employers money by not being productive or helping someone else be productive.

I think my attitude has paid off for me. There's something to old fashioned worth ethics. :)

B-
Robo
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Robo »

Whistle.
Zuruck
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Zuruck »

well..obviously my owner/boss is not quite as successful as Barry...because he sits and watches the games we play and joins up when we do yahoo pool. don't you think i would get fired if i was playing a game when there was something to do? dont' be such an idiot sometimes.
Flabby Chick
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Flabby Chick »

Bored at work!!!!! You have got to be kidding. The work bores me but i'm never bored 'cause i have too much work to do.
Cuda68-2
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Cuda68-2 »

I am never bored at work, we have to much to do. I have been on 12 hour days for almost a year. My biggest problem is avoiding people when they are about to blow or loose it from the pressure. We should slip magic shrooms into there food so we can all be very happy in our work.
DCrazy
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by DCrazy »

I have no motivation to do what I do, because I know the project is doomed to failure. So I never get anything done on schedule....
Darktalyn1
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Darktalyn1 »

What I would do at my old job was get the 3d work I was assigned finished as quickly as possible then start modeling things for my demo reel :)
Fusion pimp
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Fusion pimp »

well..obviously my owner/boss is not quite as successful as Barry...because he sits and watches the games we play and joins up when we do yahoo pool. don't you think i would get fired if i was playing a game when there was something to do? dont' be such an idiot sometimes.

Heh. I have an idea, Zuruck-why not try something different and think prior to attempting to make me look stupid.
You gave so little information that a number of scenerios are possible.
here let me help you:
1. You could be somewhere the boss can't see you.
2. There are different levels of management and your immediate boss could also be a sluff-off when the owner isn't around.
3. Perhaps the boss is on vacation.

See, despite what you may assume, the rest of the DBB isn't aware of your job situation because you didn't tell us.

'Dont'be such an idiot sometimes'

B-
Top Wop
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Wop »

Owned. :shock: