Christine Reborn... as a Killer Olds 442?

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

llClutchll
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Christine Reborn... as a Killer Olds 442?

Post by llClutchll »

We were at a car show this weekend (Big suprise) and witnessed a Hank Hill miracle...

Here we see some nice cars parked on a steep hill above a nice little tent set up by the local Mopar club (Beautifull day huh?) They had a really nice propane heater running in the tent that morning that I was VERY jealous of...

(Very nice Bullitt mustang by the way)

Now notice in the next picture how the white tent no longer has walls up to block the wind...

That would be because the owner of the gold 442 (seen behind the tent) failed to properly set his parking brake after he left it on a hill. My family and I were sitting at the top of the opposing hill when we heard the comotion... All I registered was a big gold car with no driver careening twards a tent full of people getting lunch.

I bolted down the hill to see if I could help... It was almost a worst case scenario, The Olds had hit the tent and pinned a man under it's driver side front tire. There were a couple of women bleeding from head wounds (One from the aluminum tent pole, the other from the bumper of a 1969 Charger that she was thrown into by the Olds) After they were quickly ushered off to a safe spot, about 6 of us lifted the front end of the car as much as possible and rolled the beast back up the hill. As we were pushing the monster, a regular old propane tank unwedged itself from underneath the front crossmember. Believe it or not, the cold weather of the morning (36*F) had saved the lives of at least 2 people. Had that tank not stopped the car, the man under the Olds and the woman who hit the Charger would have been crushed. Thankfully the propane tank was kind enough not to explode!

Here is the offending car being hauled off to Police impound so they could figure out what happened...

Most likely the car popped out of gear (Automatic Tranny) and the owner failed to set the parking brake. (I can say that because I was holding the dang car from rolling back down the hill until someone could be talked into getting in to manuver it to a safe location)

So Remember kids... ALWAYS SET YOUR PARKING BREAK ON A HILL! Propane may not be there to save your Ass!
Beowulf
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Beowulf »

Only in Michigan :P

Man, that's some scary stuff.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Not only do we have killer SUV's, now we have to contend with psycho olds 442's. Hope everyone was O.K.
llClutchll
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by llClutchll »

Yeah, they stitched up the ladies on the spot, and the man was sitting up and talking when they drove him to the hospital.

Even the owner of the Olds was allowed to continue breathing.
roid
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by roid »

lucky.

thank goodness captain propane saved the day eh. showing ppl that fossil fuels really just want to get along :)
Buef
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Buef »

Don't forget to turn the wheels either.

hope everyone (including the Charger) was OK.
JMEaT
DBB Meat ByProduct
DBB Meat ByProduct

Post by JMEaT »

Actually I set my parking break all the time regardless if I am on a hill or not.

It is called a parking break not an incline break ya know? :)
llClutchll
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by llClutchll »

The cars are just fine, at least on the outside for the 442. The crossmember might have taken some hits from the propane tank.
llClutchll
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by llClutchll »

Just an update, The local paper for this event wrote up the accident, and the cops are considering charges.

Sucks to be him. :oops:
AceCombat
Owned by Timex
Owned by Timex

Post by AceCombat »

charges for what?!?!?!

i can see a fine for vehicular neglegence......but jeez