Forsaken Revival

Meet the people you love to kill (and be killed by) in Descent!

Moderator: Do_Checkor

Trackball
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Trackball »

All evidence of a Forsaken community has been almost completely erased. While you can find a few deserted sites, there is almost no one who supports this game. It is time to form together.

The Only Known Forsaken BB on the net

Forsaken could be used to convert people to the superiority of 6 DOF. It's free and easy to distribute. My collegues and I are making plans for events in the near future.
Grendel
3d Pro Master
3d Pro Master

Post by Grendel »

STRESSTEST wrote:In the rar are 2 files. forsaken.img and forsaken.cue. Open the cue file using nero to burn the image to CD.
Thx !

Uh, no ISO ? Can I toast it w/o nero ?

Edit: n/m -- had a copy of Nero 5.5 that came w/ a drive :)
akula65
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by akula65 »

Kyouryuu
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Kyouryuu »

edited for threadcrapping. -fern
WarAdvocat
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by WarAdvocat »

That pickup sound thing is annoying as heck. I get a fairly long delay after picking up a powerup now. It's definately odd.

That wasn't happening for me until just recently. I'm wondering if it's an SP2 thing, or if the latest audigy 2 drivers hosed it or what.

Luckily I have a nice win98 machine I can play on. I guess I have to go and check to see whether it occurs there as well.
STRESSTEST
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by STRESSTEST »

after reading through those links above, one place said that in XP you should run the game in 98 compatibility mode, chris. Have you tried that?
WarAdvocat
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by WarAdvocat »

Actually, I haven't, but then again, this problem is new. I will, of course, report results when I have them. (sometime this afternoon/evening)

But then again, one of those links also recommends 5 packets per second. :|
Grendel
3d Pro Master
3d Pro Master

Post by Grendel »

Hm, maybe the demos would work then..
Vertigo
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Vertigo »

STRESSTEST wrote:forsaken.rar is 454 megs compresses using the strongest compression in Winrar.

In the rar are 2 files. forsaken.img and forsaken.cue. Open the cue file using nero to burn the image to CD.

no code key is needed.

PM me for the link. It's real large and I'd rather have us all share with eachother if possible to host the file.

For those of you with access to Punisher's FTP, I am uploading there now.

Might be better to just set up a torrent ?

I could help with hosting and seeding it...
TigerRaptor
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by TigerRaptor »

You guys do realize Forsaken is still played on MSN Zone. Just look for people with the FSKN tag or just ask but you'll need to go into ZoneLAN - DirectPlay to find them.

All so www.forsakenplanet.tk This is more of a UT2004 site now but they still have some Forsaken pages left.
Trackball
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Trackball »

TigerRaptorFX wrote:You guys do realize Forsaken is still played on MSN Zone. Just look for people with the FSKN tag or just ask but you'll need to go into ZoneLAN - DirectPlay to find them.

All so www.forsakenplanet.tk This is more of a UT2004 site now but they still have some Forsaken pages left.
The rooms where they play have a 6 player cap. In addition, they use the unpatched version which allows cheats to be used in MULTIPLAYER. Lame? :roll:
SkyNet
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by SkyNet »

WoW, I didn't realize the game was free now. That's very nice. I at one point had the full game. Came with a video card I bought I think.

I don't know if I'll be able to find the original CD, but I might get lucky and find my burned copy. I'd probably be willing to play it if you guy's plan on a specific day or something.

Used to have some great fun in this game back when I used a Cyrix 166.