Can anyone help with sound card?

For system help, all hardware / software topics NOTE: use Coders Corner for all coders topics.

Moderators: Krom, Grendel

virago
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Can anyone help with sound card?

Post by virago »

I'm running WinME on Pentium III with Crystal Wave Audio card. I get the music set up fine, but not on the digital sound card choices. I've gone through every single one. The readme file suggests I edit the descent.cfg file, but I don't know what values to place. Can anyone help me with this?
STRESSTEST
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by STRESSTEST »

I'd suggest you include more info.. Like what the heck you are trying to do. Maybe set it up for use on D2? etc...

Be more specific
virago
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Post by virago »

STRESSTEST wrote:I'd suggest you include more info.. Like what the heck you are trying to do. Maybe set it up for use on D2? etc...

Be more specific
ok, i guess descent.cfg didn't explain enough. Descent 1. I got music, no sound effects. I have selected every card on the list and with every setting available for each card. still no sound effects. during this set-up process, i either get completely locked out of it and have to start over, or it gets to testing center channel, no sound and it stays on testing center channel. is there anything i can download that will give me more choices? the readme file suggests i manually edit the config file listed above, but i don't know what values to place in the file for the digital sound. the description of resources the card is using under windows is different than it would be described in DOS, so i'm kinda stuck as to what to put in this file.
MD-2389
Defender of the Night
Defender of the Night

Post by MD-2389 »

Honestly, I'd suggest you do two things. Download the latest drivers for your onboard audio chipset. After you've done that, you'll pretty much have to "pick and pray" from the list of sound card options.
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

Have you tried using D1X?
virago
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Post by virago »

thanks for your suggestions. i actually found help on the hp website. seems you can configure by adding a line in descent.bat and then going to set up and choosing the same settings you typed in the .bat file. working fine now. thanks again.
BUBBALOU
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by BUBBALOU »

WTF.........and...........

would you like to share that information so others may benefit from it.. Or you can go about being teh no0b and leave.

If you ask for help, but find the answer on your own post it... in detail

Otherwise dont come back :twisted:
Defender
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Defender »

Don't mind bubba, he has a frog lodged in a certain orifice...

But posting the solution is a good idea.
BUBBALOU
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by BUBBALOU »

:P

lurb u 2