i need a mouse

For system help, all hardware / software topics NOTE: use Coders Corner for all coders topics.

Moderators: Krom, Grendel

Fd13
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

i need a mouse

Post by Fd13 »

my desktop's harddrive died..... and i have to resort to my laptop to play d3.. but i need a mouse thats compatible with a usb. ne takers?
CDN_Merlin
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Post by CDN_Merlin »

Almost any mouse made today has USB by default and with a PS2 adapter.
Avder
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Avder »

About 99.95% of all mice sold today are usb compatible. Pick one.
CDN_Merlin
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Post by CDN_Merlin »

ok I beat ya vader, and also, anyone notice the time is like AM and not PM? My time right now is 8:10PM
ccb056
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by ccb056 »

Vindicator
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by Vindicator »

ccb056 wrote:here ya go

:)
But is it USB compatible?
ccb056
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by ccb056 »

im sure that with some force you could plug it in somehow
Mobius
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Post by Mobius »

Joo want a Logitech MX-500 mouse. It's widely regarded as the best gaming mouse.

Don't forget to download the Mouse utility that retains mouse acceleration in games, and allows you to force game functions to mouse buttons.

Or if you are feeling richer than that, it's successor: the wired laser mouse, forget the name.
MD-2389
Defender of the Night
Defender of the Night

Post by MD-2389 »

I'd wait for the wired version of the MX1000. Thats what I'm doing. Wireless is convenient, but changing batteries can be a real PITA sometimes.
Matrix
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Matrix »

Wires? wtf? They still sell those?

Iâ??ve had the MX1000 for a couple months now, and the battery lasts me at least 20+ days. And I'm a hardcore nerd so u know it gets a lot of use.

After getting used to this thing every other mouse is a complete and utter POS
And the tracking is insane, I've never even seen a wired mouse come close to its performance.
But it sounds like to me that he just wants a cheap temp mouse to use with his laptop for a while, not a $80 mouse.
u can also just get a ps2 to USB converter then any mouse u have will work.
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

I have a question related to this topic: what is the purpose of a wireless mouse? I mean, when using a computer, you're most likely sitting within a few feet of it. Why bother using a battery-operated wireless mouse when any mouse cord would easily reach from your mouse to your USB ports? I mean, unless you have a 65-inch TV hooked up to your PC and are sitting fifteen feet away, the wireless aspect seems like overkill.
Matrix
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Matrix »

I used to think the same way until I started using a wireless. Thereâ??s never any tugging or pulling on the wire, doesnâ??t get tangled in anything. It just feels so much smoother and free. Going from wireless back to wired, u feel like ur dragging something along with the mouse.
And charging isnâ??t bad at all, after a couple weeks when the batt goes down to 1 red bar I throw it on the charger before I go to bed.
Avder
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Avder »

I prefer wired mouses because they are extremely light, and I prefer being able to use next to zero force to be able to move my mouse.
fliptw
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by fliptw »

Top Gun wrote:I have a question related to this topic: what is the purpose of a wireless mouse? I mean, when using a computer, you're most likely sitting within a few feet of it. Why bother using a battery-operated wireless mouse when any mouse cord would easily reach from your mouse to your USB ports? I mean, unless you have a 65-inch TV hooked up to your PC and are sitting fifteen feet away, the wireless aspect seems like overkill.
no tangled wires. if the wire doesn't have much of a desk to rest on, it can pull the mouse off the desk if you aren't careful.

basically, wireless mice give you more flexibility in using odd funiture arangements.
Pun
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by Pun »

sometimes I kick back in my chair, put my feet up and run the mouse on my jeans. Or if I want to do things on the computers that sit on the other desk, I can just grab the mouse and bring it over to my desk, rotate the monitor so it points at me and I'm golden. Wireless = Sweet!

I use an MX700, btw. It's the predecessor of the MX1000.
Iceman
DBB Habitual Type Killer
DBB Habitual Type Killer

Post by Iceman »

I have the MX700 and it lags waay to much for D3. Not only that but sometimes the button depresses dont register and I end up firing uncontrollably. I use my wired MX500 for D3 (I have both working simultaneously).
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

I have a MX1000 cordless, it is the best mouse ever.
Vindicator
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by Vindicator »

Avder wrote:I prefer wired mouses because they are extremely light, and I prefer being able to use next to zero force to be able to move my mouse.
Likewise. Thats one reason why I didnt care for the MX1000, because compared to my MX300 (with the internal weight removed) it was simply too heavy for me. I couldnt whip it around in games like I could the MX300.
WarAdvocat
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by WarAdvocat »

Logitech MX-510 gets MY vote.

Dunno what the difference is from the MX-500, but it has a purty metal-fleck finish available in either blue or deep burgundy.

2 thumbs up!
Tyranny
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by Tyranny »

Mice are insanely overpriced IMO.
Mobius
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Post by Mobius »

Iceman wrote:I have the MX700 and it lags waay to much for D3.
Hmm. I have an MX700, and I can honestly say it's the best mouse I ever used. It doesn't lag AT ALL in FPS games, the weight is absolutely no handicap at all (Mind you, I have a RatpadzGS mousing surface which rocks!), it is incredibly accurate and the abtteries last for many many days (2100 mAh ni-MH). Ice: I think you have soemthing wrong in the setup, or don't have the Logitech mouse utility installed.
Tyranny wrote:Mice are insanely overpriced IMO.
Considering mice these days have more processing power than a 486, I think mice are actually damn good value. And I paid $220 for my MX-700!!11

The only ★■◆● I have about mice is that it is almost impossible to get replacement slip-pads when they wear out.
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

Vindicator wrote:
Avder wrote:I prefer wired mouses because they are extremely light, and I prefer being able to use next to zero force to be able to move my mouse.
Likewise. Thats one reason why I didnt care for the MX1000, because compared to my MX300 (with the internal weight removed) it was simply too heavy for me. I couldnt whip it around in games like I could the MX300.
The MX1000 solves the video game twitch problem by being 20 times more sensetive then traditional optical mice. When I first loaded a game up with the MX1000 installed I was rather supprised to find a twitch movement on the mouse resulted in the player spinning 3-5 times in complete circles on the same sensetivity settings as my previous MX510 mouse. Before that I had thought the "20x more tracking power" was just marketing nonsense.
ccb056
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by ccb056 »

The only ***** I have about mice is that it is almost impossible to get replacement slip-pads when they wear out.
http://www.computerbb.org/about1297.html
Vander
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Vander »

I tried the MX-1000 for a few days. I liked it, except for the stupid delay problem. If you need to move constantly to the left, you need to pick the mouse up and replace it on the mousepad so that you can keep moving left. When you do this, there's a split second after putting the mouse down when the movement doesn't register. I'm guessing it all depends on what games you play, as to whether this bug shows up or not.

I took the MX-1000 back, and instead bought the MX-Duo wireless kb/mouse set, that includes the MX-700, for the same price. I really like it. No complaints.
kurupt
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by kurupt »

you want one of these. you'll never touch a logitech mx again if you're looking for precision gaming. i had a 310 and was happy with it. moved up to a 510 and loved it even more, and then went to the diamondback. not even on the same level.
BUBBALOU
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by BUBBALOU »

price is based on average 3 year replacement and hardware costs..
STRESSTEST
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by STRESSTEST »

Krom wrote:I have a MX1000 cordless, it is the best mouse ever.
x2
twolvesfan
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by twolvesfan »

i use razer 1000dpi optical it rules for games, if u want good mouse for gaming the karma precision mouse engine rules. wireless suck n you have you to charge them all the time.

i got a razer for 40$ off ebay good price they run like 50$ usually
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master

Post by Krom »

I only have to charge my MX1000 about once every 7-10 days when I play a lot of games. Right now the power meter is at two out of three bars and the last time I charged it was about 4 days ago. The last light on the power meter changes to red when the battery is almost dead, the mouse will run for 2-3 hours on a red light before the battery dies. Under normal use it lasts up to two weeks on one charge. I've never had a full charge last less then 7 days yet.
Matrix
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Matrix »

Vander wrote:I tried the MX-1000 for a few days. I liked it, except for the stupid delay problem. If you need to move constantly to the left, you need to pick the mouse up and replace it on the mousepad so that you can keep moving left. When you do this, there's a split second after putting the mouse down when the movement doesn't register. I'm guessing it all depends on what games you play, as to whether this bug shows up or not.
I had this problem for the first couple days of gaming, but now it don't notice it anymore, I think its all about the angle u pick it up and put it down at. I think my wrist adapted to it or something, because I don't get the delay anymore :P
My friends still complain about it when they use it tho :P
t-pilot
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Post by t-pilot »

I got a MX1000 Laser.... really cool.

It has a charging-station, so batteries aren't an issue anymore. It took about a day or 2 to get used to the grip though.

I have no problems with delays whatsoever.

And it takes a long time for the batteries to be depleted. Which is a good thing, cos I need to get used to having a charging-station.

Note: The mouse costed me about 80 Euro's. I bought it a week ago.
Tyranny
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by Tyranny »

BUBBALOU wrote:
price is based on average 3 year replacement and hardware costs..
ahem, if you buy a good mouse, you're not going to need to replace it in 3 years :P Mine is a POS but its almost 5 years old and still works fine :P
MD-2389
Defender of the Night
Defender of the Night

Post by MD-2389 »

twolvesfan wrote:wireless suck n you have you to charge them all the time
Funny, I've been running off of the same rechargables for the last 8 days and its just now starting to complain. If I use lithium-ion batteries, it will go for atleast two months without complaining. I don't know where you get your info dude, but you need to find another source because they're FOS.