The collateral damage of the race pimps war for power

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

vision
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Re: The collateral damage of the race pimps war for power

Post by vision »

Still waiting for solutions from the race pimp experts.
Will Robinson
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Will Robinson »

vision wrote:Still waiting for solutions from the race pimp experts.
And we are waiting for you to display the maturity and sincerity that warrants an answer....
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

as soon as they get done focusing on me,and return to their usual bigotry, they might ponder your request. Doubtful, though. :lol:
"The Party told you to reject all evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."
George Orwell---"1984"
Will Robinson
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Will Robinson »

callmeslick wrote:
as soon as they get done focusing on me,and return to their usual bigotry, they might ponder your request. Doubtful, though. :lol:
You can go it in line behind vision since you are not ready for the big kids discussion either.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Back to the OP. Slick once said how if he came upon a scene where someone was getting mugged or shooting was going on how he'd cower in the corner and call 911. It is a good thing there are more action minded people around. Local news interviewed the woman who intervened and saved the beaten mans life. Seem she saw what was going on, put a gun in her pocket and waded into the middle of the mob. She then got down and embraced the man to protect him. When asked if she would of used the gun, she said if it became necessary she would of. Thankfully she did not have to. Now I realize slick would consider her a idiot and a loon but everyone in Detroit considers her a true hero. Out of the 150 people standing around, cowering and doing nothing, she came out and did something. I quite frankly think she is amazing.
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

Will Robinson wrote:
callmeslick wrote:
You can go it in line behind vision since you are not ready for the bigots discussion either.
fixed. Apparently some sort of sick spell correction turned the proper word into 'big kids'. Technology!
"The Party told you to reject all evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."
George Orwell---"1984"
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

woodchip wrote:Back to the OP. Slick once said how if he came upon a scene where someone was getting mugged or shooting was going on how he'd cower in the corner and call 911. It is a good thing there are more action minded people around.
you mean gunslinging morons? Nah, I'll continue to prefer a society without those, thanks. That is why I pay for public services.

Local news interviewed the woman who intervened and saved the beaten mans life. Seem she saw what was going on, put a gun in her pocket and waded into the middle of the mob. She then got down and embraced the man to protect him. When asked if she would of used the gun, she said if it became necessary she would of. Thankfully she did not have to. Now I realize slick would consider her a idiot and a loon but everyone in Detroit considers her a true hero. Out of the 150 people standing around, cowering and doing nothing, she came out and did something. I quite frankly think she is amazing.
it is amazing that it didn't turn into a bloodbath.
George Orwell---"1984"
Will Robinson
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Will Robinson »

callmeslick wrote:...
it is amazing that it didn't turn into a bloodbath.
Yea, right, because before the lady with the gun stopped the mob it was just a harmless disagreement between the driver and some misunderstood victims of society. She came along and turned it into something dangerous! :roll:
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

please, try not to take stupid to a new level.......wading into a mob, solo, with a handgun is idiotic. :P
George Orwell---"1984"
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

callmeslick wrote:please, try not to take stupid to a new level.......wading into a mob, solo, with a handgun is idiotic. :P
Only to you :wink:
vision
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by vision »

callmeslick wrote:Apparently some sort of sick spell correction turned the proper word into 'big kids'. Technology!
Laughed out loud! That's some comedy gold right there.

Still waiting for Will to get the the meat of his post. Let's take a look at it again, shall we?
Will Robinson wrote:This group that almost, in fact may yet have, killed the driver wouldn't have done what they did if not for the community agitation tactics that keep their anger boiling to the brim so it can be tapped to serve their 'leaders'.

Do the right thing but you might get beat to death.
Argument: "race pimps" did this.
Evidence: None.
Solutions: None.

The only thing Will offers is a warning for white people to be wary of the agitated blacks, which is essentially the kind of thing a race pimp does: gets people emotionally worked up over race. Congratulations! It takes one to know one I guess.

Anything more to add that can help save your initial post WIll, or just more insults? I'm looking for content here. This is your golden opportunity to shine. Who did the pimping and how to stop it?
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

So what you're saying vision, in a rather poor way, is a constant litany of black victimization by black rabble rousing luminaries and rap singers has no effect. Trying to show a direct link to the Detroit mob is like saying, "Show me a direct link between political ads and how a particular person voted".
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

woodchip wrote:Back to the OP. Slick once said how if he came upon a scene where someone was getting mugged or shooting was going on how he'd cower in the corner and call 911. It is a good thing there are more action minded people around. Local news interviewed the woman who intervened and saved the beaten mans life. Seem she saw what was going on, put a gun in her pocket and waded into the middle of the mob. She then got down and embraced the man to protect him. When asked if she would of used the gun, she said if it became necessary she would of. Thankfully she did not have to. Now I realize slick would consider her a idiot and a loon but everyone in Detroit considers her a true hero. Out of the 150 people standing around, cowering and doing nothing, she came out and did something. I quite frankly think she is amazing.
Yes I totally trust your average drooling moron 'MURKIN with a deadly weapon.
vision
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by vision »

woodchip wrote:Trying to show a direct link to the Detroit mob is like saying, "Show me a direct link between political ads and how a particular person voted".
Political ads work. That's why politicians use them. And those ads are, thanks to technology, custom made for individuals. So no, this shouldn't be any trouble at all to make the connection if one exists.
Will Robinson
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Will Robinson »

Vision you are delusional if you think most people aren't aware of the incessant agitation message of 'the-white-man-is-to-blame' for the problems faced by black people.

This has been going on for decades and you trying to dismiss it or pretend it isn't having an impact on the behavior of many black people in a negative way towards white people is the most idiotic thing you have done here.

I'm completely confident that most people reading this know I'm correct in that assertion as most of them live in America and will have seen and heard it for themselves.
I don't have any need to prove water is wet. Your challenge is rejected based on its completely ridiculous and false premise.

I find it particularly sad for you that you railed on and on about the power of words, where you proclaimed even the most benign vague reference was horribly damaging and yet now you are in complete denial of the impact truly hateful speech, not potentially hateful but outright straight up hateful speech, is having that effect!

How conveniently you flip flop your belief about something you proudly told us you knew so much about....
How pathetic we see you are now for having done so.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Top Gun wrote:
woodchip wrote:Back to the OP. Slick once said how if he came upon a scene where someone was getting mugged or shooting was going on how he'd cower in the corner and call 911. It is a good thing there are more action minded people around. Local news interviewed the woman who intervened and saved the beaten mans life. Seem she saw what was going on, put a gun in her pocket and waded into the middle of the mob. She then got down and embraced the man to protect him. When asked if she would of used the gun, she said if it became necessary she would of. Thankfully she did not have to. Now I realize slick would consider her a idiot and a loon but everyone in Detroit considers her a true hero. Out of the 150 people standing around, cowering and doing nothing, she came out and did something. I quite frankly think she is amazing.
Yes I totally trust your average drooling moron 'MURKIN with a deadly weapon.
Had to look up Murkin and was surprised how you slandered a black woman in such a manner. I guess your racist view, especially trying to paint black women as prostitutes, is pretty far down in the gutter.

"www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=murkin Cached
a misspelled merkin i.e. a fur piece for the pubic area of women of the 14th and 15th centuries. "

In case you didn't bother to check, not only was the heroine black, she was also a EMS worker. Way to go TG, you scored really big points on this reply. What a complete ass.
vision
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by vision »

Will Robinson wrote:This has been going on for decades and you trying to dismiss it or pretend it isn't having an impact on the behavior of many black people in a negative way towards white people is the most idiotic thing you have done here.
Show me where I said this. What is idiotic is you attributing viewpoints to me that you made up in your head.

Still waiting on some expert solutions to the problem of race-pimping.
Will Robinson
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Will Robinson »

vision wrote:
Will Robinson wrote:This has been going on for decades and you trying to dismiss it or pretend it isn't having an impact on the behavior of many black people in a negative way towards white people is the most idiotic thing you have done here.
Show me where I said this. What is idiotic is you attributing viewpoints to me that you made up in your head.
Lol! More flip flopping?
So are you now in agreement that the race pimps are having an influence on the level of hatred that many blacks have toward whites.

You can't have it both ways vision. Either you agree that it is happening or you don't.
vision wrote:Still waiting on some expert solutions to the problem of race-pimping.
Stop supporting them. Stop making excuses for them. Start speaking out about the damage they do. If a cop calling a black suspect "black" in a description is harmful as you have said then certainly the lessons of hate toward 'the white devil' are an even bigger problem. Be consistent in your principles instead of knee-jerk politically expedient.
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

woodchip wrote:Had to look up Murkin and was surprised how you slandered a black woman in such a manner. I guess your racist view, especially trying to paint black women as prostitutes, is pretty far down in the gutter.

a misspelled merkin i.e. a fur piece for the pubic area of women of the 14th and 15th centuries. "

In case you didn't bother to check, not only was the heroine black, she was also a EMS worker. Way to go TG, you scored really big points on this reply. What a complete ass.
Does it take willful effort to be this stupid, or does it just come naturally to you? I'd be fascinated to know.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Top Gun wrote:
woodchip wrote:Had to look up Murkin and was surprised how you slandered a black woman in such a manner. I guess your racist view, especially trying to paint black women as prostitutes, is pretty far down in the gutter.

Does it take willful effort to be this stupid, or does it just come naturally to you? I'd be fascinated to know.
I guess I'm stupid as I don't have a clue as to why you are name calling after posting what you did.
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

Will Robinson wrote:Vision you are delusional if you think most people aren't aware of the incessant agitation message of 'the-white-man-is-to-blame' for the problems faced by black people.
funny, I hang with activists of color a fair bit(I suspect far more than you) and I haven't heard that line in decades. ESPECIALLY after the election of Barack Obama.
This has been going on for decades and you trying to dismiss it or pretend it isn't having an impact on the behavior of many black people in a negative way towards white people is the most idiotic thing you have done here.
not half as idiotic as the incessiant white-boy-whine you spew here.
I'm completely confident that most people reading this know I'm correct in that assertion as most of them live in America and will have seen and heard it for themselves.
I don't have any need to prove water is wet. Your challenge is rejected based on its completely ridiculous and false premise.
I've lived in America my whole life, and I'm here to tell you that you AREN'T close to 'correct'. You are a hateful relic of a miserable past. Most of us, even most of us in the civilized parts of the South, have left this crap behind a long time ago.
George Orwell---"1984"
Will Robinson
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Will Robinson »

Tell me slick, and please quote it directly as example, what hateful things have I said.

Quotes or you are just full of crap and completely fabricating the charge trying to divert attention from the substance of my comments.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Slick you must be living in another world. Just tune into MTV and listen to the lyrics of rap music. Agitators come in many forms, not just the well to do parlor types you know.
CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master
Location: A Conservative Man in the Liberal bastion of the Pacific Northwest. in Oregon City. Oregon

Post by CUDA »

I find it this interesting.
Attorney General Eric Holder blamed Republicans for consistently attacking him and Barack Obama because they are black, going off-script to level the charge during a speech Wednesday night.

In a speech to supporters of (he's an irrelevant player) Rev. Al Sharpton's National Action Network, Holder improvised a complaint about his rough treatment on Capitol Hill the day before.

'What attorney general has ever had to deal with that kind of treatment?' he said, alluding to his status as the only African-American ever to hold that post.

Sharpton's group is a 23-year-old organization comprised of black civil rights activists, making Holder's comments appear to be a statement about his race, and President Obama's.
Decorations on the stage backdrop where he spoke included the slogan 'No Justice, No Peace

Holder famously claimed in 2009, and again in 2014, that America has historically been 'a nation of cowards' on racial issues.

On Wednesday he appeared to lay that burden at Republicans' feet.

'The last five years have been defined by significant strides and by lasting reforms even in the face, even in the face of unprecedented, unwarranted, ugly and divisive adversity,' Holder said.

'If you don’t believe that, you look at the way – forget about me, forget about me – you look at the way the attorney general of the United States was treated yesterday by a House committee.

It 'has nothing to do with me, forget that,' he said. 'What attorney general has ever had to deal with that kind of treatment? What president has ever had to deal with that kind of treatment
IF there is a racial aspect to what is going on then BOTH sides are perpetuating it. only a fool would say otherwise
“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.” 

― Theodore Roosevelt
Will Robinson
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Will Robinson »

Holder is such a tool. A coward hiding behind the race card.
Other AG's?!? Please!
For one, there are at least a few that have suffered opposition much worse than he has. He has the media largely in check carrying his water for him...other AG's never had it so easy. For another thing, has there been a more rogue AG than Holder? Maybe he should consider it is the content of their deeds, not the color of their skin that is the cause of their getting some push back.

They are taking advantage of the reluctance of people to appear as bigots by asserting racism at every sign of opposition. Pathetic, shameful, but effective when you have so many people who will play along out of shameless partisanship. it is the same game slick and vision try to play here, no doubt inspired by their leaders success.
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

woodchip wrote:Slick you must be living in another world. Just tune into MTV and listen to the lyrics of rap music. Agitators come in many forms, not just the well to do parlor types you know.
actually, THERE, I might agree. Hardly, the classic political actor types. Similar misogyny comes in other types of music as well. That wasn't my thrust. I was simply trying to deal with the fact that blaming old-school Black Activists was really off base.
George Orwell---"1984"
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

Will Robinson wrote: has there been a more rogue AG than Holder?
maybe the ones that okayed Guantanamo would draw an immediate nod here......
George Orwell---"1984"
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

Will Robinson wrote:....unless you can show me how all people, when grouped together, would react the way the black people in these examples did then you are ignoring, wilfully, the probable cause of the acts.
Will, I'm not going to create a catalog, but to answer your question: This shows contempt and hate for black people when anyone can step back and see that mob behavior, this bad or worse, happens in EVERY culture, or virtually every culture. That sort of thinking I consider 'hateful'.
George Orwell---"1984"
Will Robinson
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Will Robinson »

callmeslick wrote:
Will Robinson wrote:....unless you can show me how all people, when grouped together, would react the way the black people in these examples did then you are ignoring, wilfully, the probable cause of the acts.
Will, I'm not going to create a catalog, but to answer your question: This shows contempt and hate for black people when anyone can step back and see that mob behavior, this bad or worse, happens in EVERY culture, or virtually every culture. That sort of thinking I consider 'hateful'.
No slick, it shows that, as the thread topic should have clued you in, I think black people are being manipulated disproportionately to be aggitated towards the white people thus resulting in the ABNORMAL results. Sure, there is certainly a mob behavior component in all races but what that manifests into isn't uniform across all the races in this particular case.....
That is the crux of my whole point! And WHY it isn't uniform has NOT been attributed to race by me.

You are trying to squeeze the reality of my comments through a template that lets you assign, falsely, a racist motivation when, in FACT, I have not cited race as a CAUSE, or implied one race is inherently prone to any behavior.
I have stated outright that one race is targeted for said manipulation.

That is a giant difference and I spelled it out VERY clearly. So only a fool, or a dishonest person, would come up with the spin that you have.

So, I ask you once again, please show where I have "contempt and hate for black people"?
Or stop using false accusations to try and stifle the conversation.

You dont know me at all. If you did you would know better but the relative anonymity shield of the internet enables you to employ this tactic. Apparently it is your best shot. It missed, wide by a mile.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

callmeslick wrote:
To a extent I agree with you except show me over the last 30-40 years where gangs of whites have attacked black people compared to the numbers of black mobs attacking whites
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

woodchip wrote:
Top Gun wrote:

I guess I'm stupid as I don't have a clue as to why you are name calling after posting what you did.
FFS...you've never heard the sardonic term "MURIKA" used to refer to the less-than-intelligent aspects of our country? And instead you thought I was referring to a 16th-century term for pubic hair? Why in God's name would I even know that word, much less use it in a situation where it doesn't apply in the least?
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Came right out of the Urban dictionary so thought you knew about it.
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

So let’s see…

The one person in the crowd that does the right thing gets ridiculed and called a moron.

The people who perpetrated the attacks have excuses made for them.

The people who ask questions trying to make sense of what they see going on around them get called racist.

There is something horribly horribly wrong with this picture.
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

woodchip wrote:
callmeslick wrote:
To a extent I agree with you except show me over the last 30-40 years where gangs of whites have attacked black people compared to the numbers of black mobs attacking whites
show me to a sourcing for any sort of scientific data and I'll compare away in my free time. Until then, suffice it to say there are mob attacks involving blacks, whites, hispanics, Asians, Christians, Jews, Moslems, and atheists. Mobs of leftists, mobs of rightwing zealots. It cuts across pretty much every demographic except for one: Gender. I fail to come up with much in the way of all-female mob attacks, although I can recall isolated, generally urban cases.
George Orwell---"1984"
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

Spidey wrote:So let’s see…

The one person in the crowd that does the right thing gets ridiculed and called a moron.

The people who perpetrated the attacks have excuses made for them.

The people who ask questions trying to make sense of what they see going on around them get called racist.

There is something horribly horribly wrong with this picture.
yes, and it starts with your description above. As often is the case with warped pictures.
George Orwell---"1984"
Will Robinson
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Will Robinson »

slick, Spidey doesn't have a warped view of the events. You have a warped interpretation that you are trying to justify.

And please link some examples of white mobs spontaneously attacking a black person who found himself in a similar situation to the one that spurred this thread.

And so, no. It doesn't 'suffice to obediently agree with your assertion'.

You claimed it happens equally so give an example. I think you are just claiming knowledge you don't really have because that supports your knee-jerk opposition to the point raised.
No, your declaration doesn't even come close to settling the debate.
vision
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by vision »

Will Robinson wrote:So are you now in agreement that the race pimps are having an influence on the level of hatred that many blacks have toward whites.
Show me where I said people can't be influenced along racial lines by rhetoric. I certainly believe in "race pimps" because you are clearly one. However, racial tensions are caused my a myriad of factors and I don't believe the current group of racists like Sharpton and Jackson have nearly as much influence as you claim, just like your white-pimping fails to move me. This is because for words to have any effect there needs to be an experience to relate. You seem to think that black people are such dullards they can't do anything but be told what to do. If black folks fall in line with racial agitation it is because they are already experiencing racism, otherwise they would simply disagree. And even those who do experience racism disagree with agitators, just like I disagree with your agitation.
Will Robinson wrote:Either you agree that it is happening or you don't.
You have a highly polarized outlook on life. Complex social problems are never binary.
vision wrote:Stop supporting them. Stop making excuses for them. Start speaking out about the damage they do. If a cop calling a black suspect "black" in a description is harmful as you have said then certainly the lessons of hate toward 'the white devil' are an even bigger problem.
Show me where I ever supported racism. Show me where I ever made excuses or justified racism. By the way, when people complain about racism you don't tell them to stop talking, you try to do a better job listening.

Since this race pimping thing is a hobby of yours I think you can do a better job showing who exactly should be focused on and how we should go about helping them use more beneficial language. Keep working at it. Maybe by next month's race thread you'll have some better answers.
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

next month, Vision? It will be no more than a week or so before another bigotted, assumption-filled race rant. Guaranteed!
George Orwell---"1984"
Will Robinson
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Will Robinson »

vision wrote:
Will Robinson wrote:So are you now in agreement that the race pimps are having an influence on the level of hatred that many blacks have toward whites.
Show me where I said people can't be influenced along racial lines by rhetoric. I certainly believe in "race pimps" because you are clearly one. However, racial tensions are caused my a myriad of factors and I don't believe the current group of racists like Sharpton and Jackson have nearly as much influence as you claim, just like your white-pimping fails to move me. This is because for words to have any effect there needs to be an experience to relate. You seem to think that black people are such dullards they can't do anything but be told what to do. If black folks fall in line with racial agitation it is because they are already experiencing racism, otherwise they would simply disagree. And even those who do experience racism disagree with agitators, just like I disagree with your agitation.
You are an extreme hypocrite. Or in which instance were you completely full of crap? Now or then?
You went into great detail of how you think words are damaging. So much so that you declared a policeman shouldn't identify a black suspect as "black"!

Yet here you try to marginalize generations of verbal programming that has been distilled into a vile poisonous legacy of exploitation of black childrens innocence and natural fears to empower an industry of race baiting power hungry demagogues as well as create a smoke screen to obfuscate the failed policy of the left wing of american politics who benefits from the same exploitation.

You know damn well it isn't just what the race pimps are saying today, it is the culmination of the generations of poisoning the wounds of past bigotry so they can't possibly heal! Too many powerful people depend on those wounds festering continuously.

You are enabling the continuing suffering and racial strife. Your response here is the equivalent of a child putting his fingers in his ears and chanting nonsense so he he won't be faced with reality.
vision wrote:
Will Robinson wrote:Either you agree that it is happening or you don't.
You have a highly polarized outlook on life. Complex social problems are never binary.
It wasn't the complex social problem I was pointing at. :roll:
It was your attempt to have it both ways with something that is mutually exclusive. Binary applies perfectly.

vision wrote:.... By the way, when people complain about racism you don't tell them to stop talking, you try to do a better job listening. ...
Lol, you are trying to equate the machinations of Sharpton, et al with 'people complaining'?!?
Just how low are you willing to go in your quest to rationalize?
Will Robinson
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Will Robinson »

callmeslick wrote:next month, Vision? It will be no more than a week or so before another bigotted, assumption-filled race rant. Guaranteed!
Says the guy who cant find it when he alleges it happened but wields the label none the less like a weapon because shouting "racism" is a great way to stifle conversation.