Windows XP SP2

For system help, all hardware / software topics NOTE: use Coders Corner for all coders topics.

Moderators: Krom, Grendel

Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

You can slipstream with only SP2, it includes all the updates in SP1 anyway.
MD-2389
Defender of the Night
Defender of the Night

Post by MD-2389 »

BUBBALOU wrote:If you are having issues with windows update then it is your configuration of your machine(s) only, check your firewall/antivirus, and or popup blocker, adaware/spybot/bho blocker...some how you are blocking ActiveX and the update of the .dll file from windowsupdate.microsoft.com or go.microsoft.com
Bubba, don't be stupid. Its a known issue. Click that link Grendel posted if you don't believe me. Its happened on multiple machines that I've installed SP2 on, which are VERY different in configuration, and it made little difference whether or not a firewall was active or not. Hell, in my initial post detailing my issue, I clearly stated that I disabled, and even uninstalled kerio PF and it still happened. The adblocking capability of kerio had long since been disabled since its 30 day trial thing rand out a long time ago. Even so, I never turned that on since I use Mozilla with the adblock extention. SP2 unregistered the dll on its own.
fliptw
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by fliptw »

a clean install of XPsp2 sovled the WU issue I was having.

So, ya, Bubba is right.

re-registering msxml3.dll didn't fix it for me.
Flatlander
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Flatlander »

BUBBALOU wrote: Think about this for a moment.... are you done...?

what did you download.. SP2 for a specific version... or a ALL in one IT/DEV version??

I'll let you answer your own question now that the light is ON! :lol:
It's no big deal, I was just curious :roll: I mean, the IT version of SP1 didn't do this.