Who likes......?

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

Phoenix Red
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Phoenix Red »

I like a lot of stuff. I'm listening to a lot of Godsmack right now. Also a long time RATM fan. I also listen to some of the less crappy pop.

Since evanescane has been brought up, I'll mention that I enjoy their first cd, but their new single gives me a weird vibe that it's become the Amy Lee Show in a bad way. I could just be insane.
Sirius
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Sirius »

Everybody's Fool you mean?

I just thought it was trying to prove a point...
Tyranny
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by Tyranny »

Everybodys Fool is on the Fallen cd. They've already released like 3 cds before Fallen came out, which was their big hit CD. A lot of which had tracks redone from their previous albums.

It is the Amy Lee show though. They only seemed like a band before anybody knew what her name was. What does it matter?, the material is still good.
Clayman
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Clayman »

Here are some samples of what I like. Some of the artist/genre classifications could probably be more correct.

Acoustic: Paco De Lucia, Al Di Meola, Michael Hedges, Phil Keaggy, John McLaughlin
Alternative: Audioslave, Cold, Foo Fighters, Nirvana, Smashing Pumpkins, Tool, Splender, Staind, Three Doors Down, Vertical Horizon, Weezer
Bluegrass: Iron Horse
Blues: B.B. King, SRV
Christian rock/metal: Bride, Deliverance, Guardian, Idle Cure, Petra, Shout, Stryper, Whitecross, Whiteheart
Classic rock: Aerosmith, Boston, Cream, Deep Purple, Emerson, Lake & Palmer, Foreigner, Jimi Hendrix, Journey, Led Zeppelin, Queen, Santana, Thin Lizzy
Classical: Bach, Beethoven, Chopin, Mozart, Rachmanninov
Electronica: Anything Box, Aura, Chicane, Depeche Mode, Echoing Green, John Lawry, Paul Oakenfold, Michael Pinella, Jordan Rudess, Derek Sherinian, T.A.T.U.
Film scores: Braveheart, Gladiator, Jurassic Park, Last of the Mohicans, Schindler's List, Star Wars, Titanic, many more
Funk: James Brown, Cameo, Commodores, Earth, Wind & Fire, Parliament, Victor Wooten
Instrumental: Marty Friedman, Eric Johnson, Tony MacAlpine, Yngwie J. Malmsteen, Joe Satriani, Steve Vai
Latin: Enrique Iglesias, Arturo Sandoval
New age: Secret Garden, Yanni
Nu-metal: Killswitch Engage, Passenger, Spineshank, Stuck Mojo, System of a Down
Other: Bananarama, Little River Band, Sade, Type 0 Negative, ZZ Top
Pop: Coldplay, Dido, Celine Dion, Amy Grant, Whitney Houston, Elton John
Progressive rock: Explorer's Club, King's X, Liquid Tension Experiment, Pain of Salvation, Planet X, Porcupine Tree, Rush, Yes
Rap: Outkast
Reggae: Bob Marley
Rock: Black Label Society, Pink Floyd, Slash's Snakepit
Ska: Insyderz, Mighty Mighty Bosstones, Supertones

And for my top 2, most listened to genres, metal and jazz.

80's: Impelitterri, Racer X, Ratt
Classic metal: Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Ozzy Osbourne, Scorpions, Van Halen
Melodic death metal: Arch Enemy, At The Gates, Dark Tranquillity, In Flames, Shadows Fall, Soilwork
Other: Amorphis, Children of Bodom, Control Denied, Demons & Wizards, Drain sth, Extreme, Fear Factory, Galactic Cowboys, Katatonia, Lacuna Coil, Nightwish, Pantera, Rammstein, Sentenced, Warmen
Power metal: Edguy, Evergrey, Gamma Ray, Helloween, Royal Hunt, Sonata Arctica, Stratovarius
Progressive metal: Andromeda, Dream Theater, Into Eternity, Nevermore, Opeth, Queensryche, Savatage, Spiral Architect, Symphony X, Tourniquet
Thrash/speed: Anthrax, Iced Earth, Megadeth, Metallica, Testament

Bebop: Dizzy Gillespie, Thelonious Monk, Charlie Parker, Bud Powell
Cool/modal: Dave Brubeck, Miles Davis, Bill Evans, Stan Getz, Vince Guaraldi, Lennie Tristano
Fusion: CAB, Chick Corea Elektric Band, Gambale/Hamm/Smith, Mahavishnu Orchestra, Niacin, Return To Forever, Weather Report
Hard bop: John Coltrane, Dexter Gordon, Charles Mingus, Sonny Rollins
Smooth jazz: Dancing Fantasy, Richard Elliot, Paul Hardcastle/Jazzmasters, Lee Ritenour, Grover Washington Jr.

Sorry for the novel. ;)
Tyranny
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by Tyranny »

Clayman wrote:Classic metal: Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Ozzy Osbourne, Scorpions, Van Halen
Melodic death metal: Arch Enemy, At The Gates, Dark Tranquillity, In Flames, Shadows Fall, Soilwork
Other: Amorphis, Children of Bodom, Control Denied, Demons & Wizards, Drain sth, Extreme, Fear Factory, Galactic Cowboys, Katatonia, Lacuna Coil, Nightwish, Pantera, Rammstein, Sentenced, Warmen
Power metal: Edguy, Evergrey, Gamma Ray, Helloween, Royal Hunt, Sonata Arctica, Stratovarius
Progressive metal: Andromeda, Dream Theater, Into Eternity, Nevermore, Opeth, Queensryche, Savatage, Spiral Architect, Symphony X, Tourniquet
Thrash/speed: Anthrax, Iced Earth, Megadeth, Metallica, Testament
Wheeee, good shiat! :)

You heard the new Nightwish CD?
Clayman
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Clayman »

heh, no, I read an article about it, but I've only heard a song or two from it. So much great music, so little time. ;)
[]V[]essenjah
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by []V[]essenjah »

U2
Coldplay
Evanescence
Pink Floyd (most of)
Queensryche (seriously underappreciated... hard to believe almost no-one has heard of them where I live)
Linkin Park
Pearl Jam
Live (their older stuff mostly)
Smashing Pumpkins (their better work anyway)
Goo Goo Dolls
Metallica (some of)
Ozzy Osbourne
Emma Shapplin
Enya
The Corrs
The Ataris
Madonna (some of her work)
Savage Garden (maybe generic pop, but they did it quite well)

Hmmmm Sirius, you and I share a lot of the same music interests.

BTW, Solidairs music is mostly techno/trance by the looks of it. I recognise a lot of names on that list because I also listen to them. :)

Otheres I will add though:

Erasure
Depeche Mode (their old stuff not the new crap they have recently produced)
New Order
Tears For Fears
Cosmicity
Thousand Foot Krutch (Linkin Park/Hoobastank sort of stuff.
Oh, and definitly do not forget..... DEFF LEPPARD :D
Sirius
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Sirius »

Heheh... Def Leppard weren't too bad, although I don't get the opportunity to hear much of them. Very, very distinctive style.

Some SERIOUS variety there Clayman. :) I think you look for/listen to more music than I could ever hope to... :)
Tyranny
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by Tyranny »

Clayman wrote:So much great music, so little time. :wink:
Isn't that the truth. btw, am I correct in assuming you got your internet alias from In Flames?
Clayman
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Clayman »

Tyranny wrote:
Clayman wrote:So much great music, so little time. :wink:
Isn't that the truth. btw, am I correct in assuming you got your internet alias from In Flames?
Yeah, though I've discovered a number of different things about it that also apply to me since then.
Phoenix Red
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Phoenix Red »

Tyranny wrote:Everybodys Fool is on the Fallen cd. They've already released like 3 cds before Fallen came out, which was their big hit CD. A lot of which had tracks redone from their previous albums.

It is the Amy Lee show though. They only seemed like a band before anybody knew what her name was. What does it matter?, the material is still good.
It's definitely the song they released to radio after everybody's fool. The co-founder abandonded the band on tour, and then they give us something with ZERO instrumental sound, everything is singing by Amy Lee. I think stardom has gone to her head and the music is suffering for it.

edit: I guess I worry that it's going from the Amy Lee Show: I make music to the Amy Lee Show: look at me I'm popular.
Sirius
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Sirius »

There was a song after Everybody's Fool? Hmm.