Jihad - A central duty of every muslim

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

Nightshade
DBB Master
DBB Master

Jihad - A central duty of every muslim

Post by Nightshade »

The West is facing a concerted effort by Islamic jihadists, the motives and goals of whom are largely ignored by the Western media, to destroy the West and bring it forcibly into the Islamic world -- and to commit violence to that end even while their overall goal remains out of reach. That effort goes under the general rubric of jihad.

Jihad (in Arabic, \"struggle\") is a central duty of every Muslim. Modern Muslim theologians have spoken of many things as jihads: the struggle within the soul, defending the faith from critics, supporting its growth and defense financially, even migrating to non-Muslim lands for the purpose of spreading Islam. But violent jihad is a constant of Islamic history. Many passages of the Qur'an and sayings of the Prophet Muhammad are used by jihad warriors today to justify their actions and gain new recruits. No major Muslim group has ever repudiated the doctrines of armed jihad. The theology of jihad, which denies unbelievers equality of human rights and dignity, is available today for anyone with the will and means to bring it to life.
roid
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by roid »

google showed up 63 hits for that copypasted passage.

lookatmeiamalemming! lookatmeiamalemming! lookatmeiamalemming! lookatmeiamalemming! lookatmeiamalemming! lookatmeiamalemming! lookatmeiamalemming! lookatmeiamalemming! lookatmeiamalemming! lookatmeiamalemming! lookatmeiamalemming! lookatmeiamalemming! lookatmeiamalemming! lookatmeiamalemming! lookatmeiamalemming! lookatmeiamalemming! lookatmeiamalemming! lookatmeiamalemming! lookatmeiamalemming! lookatmeiamalemming! lookatmeiamalemming! omg your right, copypasting IS a legitamate form of discussion :D

(you have no point)
Will Robinson
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Re: Jihad - A central duty of every muslim

Post by Will Robinson »

ThunderBunny wrote:....No major Muslim group has ever repudiated the doctrines of armed jihad...
The problem with that statement is that just because they don't want to repudiate armed, violent jihad doesn't mean they are supportive of those that play the jihad card to justify their terrorist endeavors.

It's kind of like implying that since no major american group has ever repudiated the right to keep and bear arms therefore all americans are prone to perpetrating gun violence upon the innocent.

I won't give up my right to bear arms simply because my weapons may be needed for a just cause.
A smart muslim may not be willing to repudiate violent jihad because he can envision a proper time and place for it.

Niether of us should be considered dangerous solely because we reserve the right to go all medievil on someones ass if the situation warrants it.
TIGERassault
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Re: Jihad - A central duty of every muslim

Post by TIGERassault »

Will Robinson wrote:Niether of us should be considered dangerous solely because we reserve the right to go all medievil on someones ass if the situation warrants it.
What? Of course they should be considered dangerous!
If a thief came into a shop, pointed a gun at the shopkeeper and said "give me all your money", does it mean that they should not be considered dangerous because they "reserve the right to go all medievil on someones ass if the situation warrants it"? (the situation being that the money is not given)
Will Robinson
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Will Robinson »

Re-read it and consider my point in context with the original statement that tries to paint all islam as having the intent to wage jihad in a violent way.

Of course anyone who can do harm is potentially dangerous but just because islam can condone viloence doesn't mean all muslims are bound to be terrorists.

Think about the discussion you find them in before you extract a few words and examine them in a vacuum....
Beowulf
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Beowulf »

This is just thinly veiled prejudice towards something you don't even understand.

Way to be American, TB. :roll:
TIGERassault
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by TIGERassault »

Will Robinson wrote:Re-read it and consider my point in context with the original statement that tries to paint all islam as having the intent to wage jihad in a violent way.

Of course anyone who can do harm is potentially dangerous but just because islam can condone viloence doesn't mean all muslims are bound to be terrorists.

Think about the discussion you find them in before you extract a few words and examine them in a vacuum....
Oh, right. I was under the impression from the first post that all muslims were to destroy the West.
I hate misleading messages!
roid
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by roid »

TIGER, Thunderbunny is a hateful rightwing anti-muslim biggot. He reads nothing but far-right editorial and believes every word. Every few weeks he comes in here posting new topics with some trolling copy-paste from Fox News or worse. You'll notice he doesn't reply, doesn't discuss, he just posts new topics - all of them highly inflamatory wacky far-right cutpastes.

He could be easily replaced with a java program written by Rupert Murdock. I miss when he used to talk about hippys :(
Dakatsu
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Dakatsu »

It is kinda true though, their book says to kill the infidels. The Bible says stone atheists and gays.
It is more of who is more insane to believe everything in the book. The radical muslim leaders spread the idea that you should follow everything in it though, while here, as long as it isn't against the law.

It is a true but sad fact. Why can't religious people balance religion with common sense?
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

And so Bunny starts another firestorm and walks away.....

Ferno should be turning green 'bout now. ;)
TIGERassault
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by TIGERassault »

Dakatsu wrote:The Bible says stone atheists and gays.
Really? I couldn't find anything in the bible that actually said that.
Zuruck
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Zuruck »

Why in the world are we in Iraq when people in America, grown up people with jobs, kids, vehicles, and probably guns, think the same way as TB and Will? You people are loons.
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

TIGERassault wrote:
Mosaic Law does call for the stoning of homosexuals, but the term "atheists" is not used. And for the record, followers of Jesus were stoned as well.
Grendel
3d Pro Master
3d Pro Master

Post by Grendel »

roid wrote:google showed up 63 hits for that copypasted passage.

lookatmeiamalemming! lookatmeiamalemming! lookatmeiamalemming! lookatmeiamalemming! lookatmeiamalemming! lookatmeiamalemming! lookatmeiamalemming! lookatmeiamalemming! lookatmeiamalemming! lookatmeiamalemming! lookatmeiamalemming! lookatmeiamalemming! lookatmeiamalemming! lookatmeiamalemming! lookatmeiamalemming! lookatmeiamalemming! lookatmeiamalemming! lookatmeiamalemming! lookatmeiamalemming! lookatmeiamalemming! lookatmeiamalemming! omg your right, copypasting IS a legitamate form of discussion :D

(you have no point)
x2

He's spamming.
Will Robinson
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Will Robinson »

Zuruck wrote:Why in the world are we in Iraq when people in America, grown up people with jobs, kids, vehicles, and probably guns, think the same way as TB and Will? You people are loons.
I'm curious, do you find my comments to be in agreement with TB and that's why you think I'm a loon? Or do you think the distinction my comments point out are evidence that I'm a loon?
Or is it because you realize that by wasting my time explaining how wrong you are most of the time means I must be looney? ;)
Dakatsu
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Dakatsu »

Duper wrote:
TIGERassault wrote:
Mosaic Law does call for the stoning of homosexuals, but the term "atheists" is not used. And for the record, followers of Jesus were stoned as well.
Akay, I just remembered stoning of someone was in it.