Online play...

Dedicated to 6DoF MODs and or Game efforts. If you know of one please post them here.

Moderators: fliptw, roid, CUDA

Strife
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Online play...

Post by Strife »

I haven't really seen anything in regards to HOW people will be connecting to play said games... What is the forum going to be? Are you going to get something setup with Kali? Will it be something setup like PXO...(only working) If I missed the post that says it forgive me :P
MD-2389
Defender of the Night
Defender of the Night

Post by MD-2389 »

Kali has issues with modern games. Even both Flatout titles (and both fully support LAN gameplay out of the box) will not work over it. It will, however, should work fine over hamachi. As for whether or not CD will have a built-in service like D3 and Freespace2 had PXO, I cannot say. I'll leave that to the dev team to explain that one.
HighOctane_Jared
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by HighOctane_Jared »

we'll having something similar to kali, gamespy, and other matchmaking programs.
d3jake
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by d3jake »

Vortex for CD would be cool... though not necessarily in game.
Gekko71
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Re:

Post by Gekko71 »

d3jake wrote:Vortex for CD would be cool... though not necessarily in game.
I agree. Personally I've always found Vortex to be far more user friendly than Kali was (back in the last century when I last used it :) ) - especially the feature which lets you download the relevant level prior to playing if you don't already have it (I have encountered people occasionally in Net games who weren't aware Vortex had this feature)
floppyfreak
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by floppyfreak »

the best download solution would be something like a torrent client imho. You would not have to name a place, where the level data ist stored but just search it in the net with the sha1 key or something. a banwidth friendly client should be written to enable this to all cd computers in the net. Perhaps even the server infos could be transmitted in the cd subnet in this way