Pat Buchanan, Nazi

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

Nightshade
DBB Master
DBB Master

Pat Buchanan, Nazi

Post by Nightshade »

Pat Buchanan Advertises His Book On Neo-Nazi Radio Show

You read that right. On June 29th, MSNBC personality and three-time presidential candidate Pat Buchanan appeared on a neo-Nazi radio program to promote his new revisionist history of the Second World War, Churchill, Hitler, and the Unnecessary War: How Britain Lost Its Empire and the West Lost the World. James Edwards is the host of the program \"Political Cesspool,\" the stated mission of which is to \"represent a philosophy that is pro-White.\" Edwards and his colleauges seek \"to revive the White birthrate above replacement level fertility and beyond to grow the percentage of Whites in the world relative to other races\" and believe that \"Secession is a right of all people and individuals. It was successful in 1776 and this show honors those who tried to make it successful in 1865.\"
According to the researchers at the Anti-Defamation League, who listened to the show, Buchanan defended Charles Lindbergh, saying, \"…his reputation has been blackened because of a single speech he gave and a couple of paragraphs in it where he said that … the Jewish community is beating the drums for war … but frankly, no one has said what he said was palpably untrue.\"

Buchanan is in good company. Perusing the guest list of Political Cesspool, one sees Willis Carto, (perhaps the most prominent anti-Semite in America), Mark Weber (Director of the Institute for Historical Review, a Holocaust denial outfit) and Jared Taylor, the editor of American Renaissance, a eugenicist publication. A political cesspool indeed. Calling Buchanan a \"brownshirt\" a few weeks ago may have seemed a little impertinent at the time, but it's entirely accurate.

As someone with an interest in the far-right and who has been following Buchanan's career for quite some time now, none of this is particularly surprising to me. What is surprising is that this man continues to fill airtime on MSNBC.

--James Kirchick
http://blogs.tnr.com/tnr/blogs/the_plan ... -show.aspx
"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun" - Mao Zedong
TIGERassault
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by TIGERassault »

Gee, talk about a misleading thread! Those comments are taken entirely out of context, Buchanan isn't particularly racist and isn't trying to form some sort of master race. Wikipedia said it best:
'Buchanan says he supports \"equal justice under law,\" and opposes \"reverse discrimination\" against whites. Buchanan sees affirmative action as discrimination and is a critic of the NAACP and others he sees as distancing blacks from \"the American mainstream.\"'

And I'd agree with him, but I've always had that issue on the matter.

Side note: the line \"Secession is a right of all people and individuals. It was successful in 1776 and this show honors those who tried to make it successful in 1865\" is HORRIBLY misleading! The article makes it sound like it's him being racist, but for anyone who copped on from the name \"Political Cesspool\" will notice, he's referring to splitting from typical American political customs, not splitting from a unity of races.
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

heh, there is only one race. the Human race. different peoples and cultures are not technically \"races\".

Unless you consider Africans and Aborigines lesser races as Darwin did. ...where the term's context originated.
TIGERassault
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Re:

Post by TIGERassault »

Duper wrote:heh, there is only one race. the Human race.
Aw crap, I've been duped! Somebody sold me tickets for a horse race!

:D
Duper wrote:different peoples and cultures are not technically "races".
Yes they are. Words can have more than one meaning y'know.
Top Wop
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Wop »

TB, you're an idiot.
Lothar
DBB Ghost Admin
DBB Ghost Admin

Re:

Post by Lothar »

TIGERassault wrote:Those comments are taken entirely out of context
So you're saying the Political Cesspool, which speaks of "cultural, national, and racial integrity" and links to the declaration of White independence*, is NOT a neo-Nazi radio program? Read their website for 10 minutes and tell me with a straight face that they're not white supremacists.

* excerpt from page 9, via amazon: "The Zionist-Jew agenda cannot be implemented fully until the vestiges of White America have been cleared away"... page 10 "do you really believe that we are not directly on course for a Zimbabwe and a South Africa here on the North American continent?"
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Re:

Post by Duper »

TIGERassault wrote:
Duper wrote:different peoples and cultures are not technically "races".
Yes they are. Words can have more than one meaning y'know.
Very true.

This is one of those silly pet peeves of mine. I do understand what you were saying. : )
Grendel
3d Pro Master
3d Pro Master

Post by Grendel »

Race (classification of human beings) wrote:Today most scientists study human genotypic and phenotypic variation using concepts such as "population" and "clinal gradation". Many contend that while racial categorizations may be marked by phenotypic or genotypic traits, the idea of race itself, and actual divisions of persons into races, are social constructs.
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

Well, you know there are certain groups of people that are not allowed to be criticized, and if you do you will be called a bigot, regardless of whether what you say is true or not.

Is Pat a bigot in the “classic” sense…I don’t know, what I do know is he is an outspoken person, who says what he wants, and doesn’t care what you think or say about him. He’s already been called & labeled everything in the book. (I’m not a big fan of his, but I respect his lack of PC) And I rarely hear him being called a liar.

As far as judging someone as to the forums they use to express themselves…well that’s open for debate. (altho it doesn’t bode well)
Kyouryuu
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Kyouryuu »

Why is Buchanan on MSNBC?

Man, I don't know. I see him on Fox News. I see him on PBS. I see him on pretty much any channel that would like to have him.

I'll say this much about him. On MSNBC, he's often brought in as the token conservative in a debate. As far as talking heads go, he's one of the few who can actually explain himself. So many talking heads, cut from the O'Reilly and Hannity cloth, raise their voices, talking over other people, and spout the party lines until they are blue in the face.

I don't get that from Buchanan. What I get is a person who honestly seems to believe what he's saying and, while I disagree with his views in the majority of cases, I can at least understand where he is coming from because he explains the reason for his convictions.

That's something we could all use a little more of in such a polarized world.