I came across something... did any of you make this?

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

Enzo-03
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

I came across something... did any of you make this?

Post by Enzo-03 »

http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=3832
Title: Custom Flying Vehicle Tutorial
Author: Doug /Nero the Great
Description: This is a tutorial on how to get a custom flying vehicle into Halo CE. This also includes Side Notes and a few minutes of final gameplay.
Of course, from the URL, it is a tutorial at a Halo Custom Edition modding/mapping site. This is where I have been lately (I actually have been able to put modeling tools to good use there). While I was looking through tutorials out of boredom, I found this tutorial near the top of the Halo Custom Edition Tutorials list. The main thing I noted, though, was what looked very much like MetalBeast's PyroGX.

Then, I just looked at the readme file.
Interesting: it is indeed Metalbeast's PyroGX model:
I would like to acknowledge Metalbeast for the creation of the model, and Parallax, Outrage, Volition, and Interplay for the creation of the original Descent content.
I only ask \"whodunit?\" because descent seems kind of... well, like one of those games no one looks at anymore, but those who did so stuck with it...

...that, and I have been fooling around with making the player fly in Halo CE.

EDIT: and the video features the descent font, how lovely. :P
We will not have signatures in the future.
Gekko71
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Gekko71 »

How lovely indeed.

If Descent is the game that refuses to die, then why can't we bring the series back to a healthier sort of life? :D
ccb056
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by ccb056 »

That looks like Bubbalou's work.

http://www.descent4.org/bubbalou
I haven't lost my mind, it's backed up on disk somewhere.
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

Thx CCb, I was thinkin the same thing. Been a lot of ripping his stuff off lately. Intentionally or unintentionally i don't know.
BUBBALOU
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by BUBBALOU »

nah not mine,, jshander i think he was attempting to do halo work

I seem to have a better workout dodging your stupidity than attempting to grasp the weight of your intelligence.
[]V[]essenjah
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by []V[]essenjah »

Metalbeast's.

jshander is using it.
Enzo-03
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Enzo-03 »

jshander? Can't say I ever heard of him.
And it doesn't look anything like any of Bubbalou's work.

Readme file for the tutorial said the pyro was Metalbeast's Pyro GX, and I figured that, having seen some of the newer D2X-XL videos.

Something I know of that is being worked on for the Halo Custom Edition community is called \"open sauce\", which, in theory, would allow someone to, not edit the source code, but manipulate the engine using one's own coding to allow things never even dreamed of being done before with the engine. After having seen both of these, I just could not help but wonder if a descent-like mod could be created for this.
But the halo community is mostly...

...well, inconsiderate little brats who have not lowered their gonads, but most of the mappers there are nice (and mostly about my age, 16, up to their 20s and in college, etc.), so long as one shows intelligence AND common sense. Still, I don't really know how open sauce would work exactly, but I would imagine that it would allow descent-like mods if used correctly.
We will not have signatures in the future.