HAHA! Good dog!

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

Canuck
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

HAHA! Good dog!

Post by Canuck »

The other day I was dog-sitting the neighbor's dog a very well trained Black Lab. His forte is search and rescue, with drugs, military and police training in the mix. This guy is awesome he listens to every word and understands them and is very friendly. A new family of four was walking up the road with a man walking a muzzled medium sized Terrier that started lunging and snarling at the sitting Black Lab, I told them he was a friendly dog and well trained and the woman replied, \"Well ours isn't\" with a heavy note of frustration in her voice. The Woman and her two girls were instantly enamored with the Lab and he liked them too. They were laughing and giggling and petting him and obviously they couldn't do that with their dog, then the Woman turned the conversation to the roadwork we had done recently and while she was asking questions I lost focus on the Lab. While we were talking the man walked his dog over to my newly sodded lawn and let his dog start pinching a loaf on it! I guess the Lab saw this and ran over there to assert his territory and introduce himself while the Terrier was in crouch position... too bad I missed that part. The guy started walking away... so when I called for the dog, I gave that man one look that I was gonna wipe his nose in it and he whipped out a bag pronto and walked back wide-eyed picked up the turd. They walked home on the other side of the street. So basically after introducing ourselves and telling them that was my house the man goes over to let his dog crap on it. Thanks new neighbor! The Black Lab got a good boy pat on the head and a treat. Those people are gonna get egged on Halloween and maybe some bags of turds.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Gads, you aren't the only one that has that problem. I live on a corner lot that a large number of dog walkers go by daily. About 40% of them are outright ass####'s that don't believe that the city leash law applies to them and that my private property is a convenient public dog bathroom for their benefit. So they let their little fido run across my lawn and take a dump right in the middle of it, which if I'm not carefull to look out for, I mow right over it! Jerks! They also let their dogs pee on my border plants, which burns them out and kills them. Some little old lady let her little f##king mut do it on my lawn this morning!

I've gotten in a few REALLY nasty confrontations with some dog owners about the leash law and private property. I'm afraid I go a little non-linear with arrogant dog owners, but they must be self-centered idiots. I've managed to frighten away or get a fine levied against a few of these jerks. Heh, heh! What is it with these people? I don't go over and take a dump on their lawn, so why is it OK to let their dogs do in my yard? :x
BUBBALOU
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by BUBBALOU »

Trained Maine Coon will fix them dogs

I seem to have a better workout dodging your stupidity than attempting to grasp the weight of your intelligence.
Canuck
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Canuck »

The neighbor's dog doesn't pee or crap on our lawns either but I get at least four brands a week. Add to that deer, and three other wild species and I have a veritable poop schmorg. I thought of a devious way to deter pooping on my lawn. I put a wire fence up so that hopefully stops all the lesser idiots. For those that still feel the need to hop that fence and poop on my lawn then an energized 6' wide wire grid awaits. I just need 9 volts inverted to 7,500 or 10,000 volts to send a not so gentle reminder through the paws, or hook up a TV flyback transformer and a bank of HV Caps and I'm sure could send the pup across the street medium rare. I could say I was electrifying for worms. I did something similar for my Dad's metal garbage can in the alley years back, that was easier and was very effective and hilarious to watch.
Canuck
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Phhht

Post by Canuck »

BUBBALOU wrote:Trained Maine Coon will fix them dogs
Bet the cougar here eat that Maine Coon its first night.
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

Dogs crapping on my lawn, I wish that was all I had to worry about concerning \"my\" neighbors. :roll:
Top Wop
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Wop »

One of our neighbor's yard was crapped on, and was doing so reguarly. So she retaliated by picking up the poop (in a bag), taking it back to the owners and putting it in their mailbox (WITHOUT the bag) with a note \"I believe you have left something of yours behind...\".
Kiran
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Re:

Post by Kiran »

Top Wop wrote:One of our neighbor's yard was crapped on, and was doing so reguarly. So she retaliated by picking up the poop (in a bag), taking it back to the owners and putting it in their mailbox (WITHOUT the bag) with a note "I believe you have left something of yours behind...".
Somewhat funny =P.

My sister's cat got attacked by a half pit bull one day. He was being walked out to the yard of his owner's house to be chained when he saw the cat and took off. The leash apparently "broke" and he chased her about half a mile to our house. My sister and DK both heard the aggressive barking of the dog and ran out thinking he was attacking a kid. Turns out, He had the cat cornerned at a tree and it was none other than my sister's cat. DK scared the dog away, the cat was traumatized, and my sister was furious. We have a leash law here as well and she made damned sure that the owner know what the consequences are. The only reason she lets her cats out is because of the leash law. She also happened to know someone who knows the owner and called that person to let the owner know that she wasn't bluffing about the consequences (yes, my sister can be a hell-raiser sometime).

I was more upset with the fact that if the dog was that agreesive then our kids aren't safe :(.
Dakatsu
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Dakatsu »

When I was about nine, I was playing outside when a dog charged at me and bit me in the arm. Gladly, when I was taken to the doctor, it wasn't too serious.

Also in our neighborhood, I forget if two pitbulls killed either a child or a cat, and that made the neighborhood pretty scared of those mutts, forget what happened to them...

I strongly dislike most dogs, but I love cats, because even if they bite you, it isn't that bad. They also make less noise, as my neighbor has constant barking because of four dogs that bark at nothing!
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

This brings back memories of a dog attack near my home a few years ago. There was a woman out running her two German Shepard dogs in the wild area next to our neighborhood. She had both dogs off leash (they are not supposed to be within the city limits) and was jogging down our street next to a neighbor's house when the dogs suddenly bolted from her and attacked the pet cat that was sitting in the nearest front yard. Both of the children that lived there got to watch as their pet cat was torn to shreds in front of their eyes. The woman couldn't stop her dogs before the cat was killed, because she didn't have them on leash. One neighbor was beating the dogs with a large stick in an attempt to stop the attack. The two kids were traumatized to say the least.

All this stupid woman could say was that \"her dogs had never done anything like that before.\" Typical naive dog owner. They think that their pet dogs are just like human children, but don't realize that dogs are not very far removed from their wild cousins the wolf. Get two or more dogs in a pack and the wild instincts that are still wired into their brains will come out, no matter how well behaved or trained the dog is.
Sirius
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Sirius »

If you have decent control over them you can prevent it. This is why leashes are a good idea.
Canuck
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Trained Dogs

Post by Canuck »

Jasper, my neighbor's dog grew up in a Zoo. He played with polar bears, alligators, everything. He is a very intelligent dog and will not chase anything including a cat, or elk and deer. When off-leash he will not leave the borders of the area that he is allowed to be on. He has been trained by a man that worked for what is considered the best private dog training facility in the world. Jasper is bilingual and knows commands and words in both French and English, and although he loves me dearly if his owner gives him the command to bite me, he will. The only bad thing about Jasper is he does not like little white dogs and will line up a head crushing bite if you aren't careful. When he is being walked in public however, Jasper dog is on a leash and listens to every word I say.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Jasper sounds just like the kind of dog I need to borrow and park in my front yard. He can rip into that little white mutt that this particular owner allows to run free and defecate on my lawn. Found another steamy pile today. GRRRRRRR! I'm going to find out where that b***h lives and get a fine levied.

As for training a dog to stay put in a certain area, what about when the owner is not around? Is he that well trained? I hit a dog with my car years ago that the owner claimed up and down would never leave his 'open porch', and yet, there he was out chasing bugs (of all things) all by himself and free to dart out from behind a bush across a busy four lane street while the owner was away at work.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Interesting stuff. I was reading a news story a couple of days ago about a grandmother was walking with her grandson (4-5 years old)when a pit bull got loose and attacked the kid and then started dragging him away. The grandmother and some neighbors tried to get the kid away but the pit bull wouldn't let go. Here's where it get interesting. As the pit bull is dragging the kid down the sidewalk a neighbor boy was in the front yard with his Rottweiler. Kid and his Rotty rushed into action. The boy as like the others trying to help couldn't do much. The Rottweiler on the other hand dove in and took matters into his mouth so to speak and in short order the pit bull let go of the kid as he had bigger problems to deal with. The Rotty forced the pit bull from the field of battle and the kid that was attacked was saved.
Curious in a way. Both dogs have a rep for aggression against humans but in this case the Rottweiler was the hero. This is not the only story I've heard of Rottweilers coming to the aid of humans. Never heard a story of a pit bull saving anyone tho.
Canuck
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Canuck »

Jasper stays put when you tell him to and he will not wander past the boundaries he knows he has to stay in. The first day they moved in the owner took Jasper to the edge of the driveway and the the lawns and told him thats his territory. He will not go past the driveway or off the lawn unless he is allowed to. Hehe tunnelcat a little white dog you say... one bite is all it takes... he aims for the head.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

He he, good dog! Here's a little tidbit I heard from a professional dog trainer talking on TV about how he actually stopped an attack on a child by a Pit Bull. He said that if the dog has a collar on, to grab it and twist hard into a firgure eight noose. Apparently, the choking action will get a dog to release it's jaws. You can apply a considerable amount of force to the dog's neck with just a twist of the collar and a small amount of effort using your hand. He claimed it worked every time and would cause little harm to the dog if you released some pressure to allow breathing if you needed to keep a hold on the dog.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

I'll tell you what TC, if I see a dog attacking a kid I won't be grabbing it's collar....I'll be pulling my .45, stick the barrel to the dogs ear and pulling the trigger. You'd be surprised how quick the dog will let go and you don't even have to worry about choking the beast.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Yeh, I'd do the same thing with my 9mm if I ever saw a dog mauling a kid. But then I'd have to worry about hitting a neighbor's house with a stray bullet (of course my hollow points wouldn't go far). The cops would also either arrest me or confiscate my gun on top of everything else for discharging it within the city limits.

That reminds me of another dog story. I had a neighbor years ago that had a very friendly and large Rottweiler named Jake that would occasionally get out of his back yard. Well one day, I was standing by my house A/C unit while a repairman worked on it. He was facing the neighbor's yard when all of a sudden he looks up and gets this TERRIFIED look on his face. I turned around to see what he was looking at and here comes Jake, bounding over the hedge at a full run! The guy was very relieved when I said \"Hi Jake\" and gave the dog a good belly scratch. But the look on his face before he knew that the dog was friendly, priceless.