A WoW account.

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

Nightshade
DBB Master
DBB Master

A WoW account.

Post by Nightshade »

My old account still has some time left on it:

Login is: iceberg23

Passoword is: burgerboy1

Have a mage on Ravencrest Server.

First come, first served. ;)
"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun" - Mao Zedong
Wheeze87
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Wheeze87 »

Wait so you no longer use this account? Your selling it or giving it away? do we have to shotgun for it?

SHOTGUN!

EDIT: I couldnt log on toit anyways, i guess someone else already nabbed it.
Octopus
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Octopus »

lol
Gooberman
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Gooberman »

I quit soon after hitting lvl 70 in TBC, it seemed at that point the only way up was to invest a crap load of time doing video game \"chores.\" I thought it was a fun game before that though.

I know many say that level cap is where the game starts, *shrug* maybe if you have an insane amount of free time.
Wheeze87
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Wheeze87 »

I am really really new to wow. I've constantly put off playing it because all my friends just become addicted to it though. I finally gave into it about 2 weeks ago. and i am finding the story more involving than any other aspect of it, Theres a lot of level crazy people out there, but i'm just enjoying the story line, its slow paced and not as addictive as i thought it would be..
Sirius
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Sirius »

I've heard people talk about that \"level cap is where the game begins\" thing about Guild Wars before, but it didn't take anywhere near as long to reach it there. Hmm.
Foil
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Re:

Post by Foil »

Wheeze87 wrote:...not as addictive as i thought it would be..
Isn't that what all addicts say...? :P

(Half my co-workers are WoW addicts, it's crazy.)
WarAdvocat
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by WarAdvocat »

The level cap IS where these games start - You're cheating yourself if you don't play past it and at least give endgame a chance. Levelling is the chore - once you get past that you can have fun. I'm a certified Alt-a-holic, so I know whereof I speak.

As for it taking a long time to hit max - last I checked if you kept at it you could hit 70 in about 12 days played. For a casual gamer that could take some time, and then there's the new level cap of 80 to hit. <Shrug> Once you know the quests levelling is a lot faster.

and for the guy who said he didn't see the addictive qualities - you may be one of the lucky ones, my friend. Uninstall now before you get hooked! ;)
JMEaT
DBB Meat ByProduct
DBB Meat ByProduct

Post by JMEaT »

I've always been an FFXI fan, although I don't have as much time to play it now as I once did.

I've played WoW too, my account is currently inactive, quit last year @ lvl 67, then picked it up a bit back at the end of the summer to hit 70 (and get a flying mount!), I had fun playing to 70, but I've never enjoyed the raiding/instance dungeons, so to me 70 was boring.

I did enjoy the trip there, it is a fun game to pick up and play and drop on a hat. I'll probably eventually pick up Wrath and slooooooowly play to 80 one day, probably next year after the initial hype is over.
CDN_Merlin
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Post by CDN_Merlin »

People complaining that WOW is addicting. What about what Descent 1 and 2 were out? I'd spend 99% of my free time playing.
Canuck
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Canuck »

Hehe Merlin true Dat! When I played D1 on Lan is when I got hooked and started upgrading the 386SX. I had a 256K video card and then went VESA 2MB, no sound card to Sound Blaster 16,(played D1 no sound and in the tiny window in order to run the game), 1 mb Ram to 8 MB, and found some cache ram from another MB to pop into the blank slots. Then modem-modem multiplayer meant I had to upgrade from 2400 baud to 33.6k.
Of course when Pentium MMX hit I had to upgrade again...
JMEaT
DBB Meat ByProduct
DBB Meat ByProduct

Re:

Post by JMEaT »

Canuck wrote:Hehe Merlin true Dat! When I played D1 on Lan is when I got hooked and started upgrading the 386SX. I had a 256K video card and then went VESA 2MB, no sound card to Sound Blaster 16,(played D1 no sound and in the tiny window in order to run the game), 1 mb Ram to 8 MB, and found some cache ram from another MB to pop into the blank slots. Then modem-modem multiplayer meant I had to upgrade from 2400 baud to 33.6k.
Of course when Pentium MMX hit I had to upgrade again...
lol memories!

I got my 1st PC because of 2 games I was hooked on: Betrayal at Krondor and Descent 1. It was a 486DX2 66MHz, Math Co-Processor, 4MB RAM, 2MB Video 28.8K Fax Modem Packard Bell p1mping Windows 3.11 for Workgroups. I loved that little PC. I think I still have it buried in a closet somewhere.

I used that thing forever went from Windows 3.11 to Win95 then Win 98. Think I had it up to 32MB RAM before finally upgrading to a Pentium II 233MHz, 256MB RAM, 32 MB Rage3D system I built, my 1st PC I ever built on my own. I got that one to play Descent 3!

Had to upgrade the 3D card soon after because that little 3D card choaked on D3. Ended up getting a Voodoo Banshee card.

Those were the days...
Canuck
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Canuck »

I drooled over the specs of your system, couldn't afford it at the time though hence the SX without the co-processor, (stood for sux in my books). Did the 3dfx thing too. Actually with a 266 MMX 48 megs of ram, (glitch with mobo)and a Voodoo 2 card Descent one and two runs very smoothly @ 60HZ. I bumped up the ram and made a bat file to run D2 in RamDrive... what a dream as it would and load and run in seconds.
Wheeze87
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Re:

Post by Wheeze87 »

CDN_Merlin wrote:People complaining that WOW is addicting. What about what Descent 1 and 2 were out? I'd spend 99% of my free time playing.
Yeah! when half life game out, i played that game like crazy, and then when CS came out for it, I spent all my free time on it, I have never been addicted to anything more than CS...